Server Admins: MTA:VC 0.4 bandwidth?

Guest kalle.anka

im wonder if any of you server admins have seen an huge increase of upstream bandwidth in MTA:VC 0.4?

Also my players got unstable pings in MTA:VC 0.4 that wasnt in MTA:VC 0.3.

Also notice more CPU usage.

Do anyone got the same?

(Running win2k3 1.6Gb P4 2.4Gz on a 10mbit/full.)

i have to agree. I have investigated this as much as I can and i find the admin connection is stable on large servers only when admin+ is disabled. When it is on my CPU goes through the roof, my net gets so much bandwidth it crashes and i have to reconnect.

This forces me to not use the admin+ feature just to be able to admin my servers.

I also have a very large bandwidth from the mta client, like 30KB/s + on large servers, which takes my ping right up.

Any suggestions people?

Also, does this mean the server prices are going to go up due to the increase in bandwidth?

ive found that if u disable admin+ when connecting as admin ull have less bandwidth usage.

Unfortunately my main problem is the client seems to use the same bandwidth as admin+ and on my full 26 player server i just cant play, my ping goes straight to about 900 as soon as i join.

It appears that a fully loaded 26 player server uses 14 Megabits of outgoing bandwidth. That's about 560kbits/player or about 3 times what 0.3 used. This also means that players

with 512K dsl or less are going to have packet loss on such a server. It also means

you will see very few if any 26 player servers.

well clearly there is some problem with a new feature, cos i get a ping of 20 in my server with 0.3 and i get a ping of 700-900 now with 0.4.

And im 1 of about 30 ppl i know with this prob and none of us can solve it

MTA Team any ideas on this??

i would say that the ping is not high, its BOUNCY.

about 15 secs of 2 digit ping (NEVER EVER had a 2 digit ping), and then about 45 secs of 146548789487846546ass41354987463415641 ping.

its not just me, i noticed that on every bounce some people time out - an evil packet maybe?

Here here, i find that i have to avoid a server with any more than 10-14 players otherwise my ping spikes terribly. Also the client itself seems to use alot more system memory than 0.3 (maybe just me?) it uses upwards of 20meg just in a small server.

Anyway in the VCES 26 player server its impossible when its full.

Arf.

Seems I can't handle more than 3 people and a Admin connected (not Admin+), without everyone's pings spiking to 1000 constantly and my internet connection being chewed to a point where it takes a minute to load Google. :/

Any ideas on this? In MTA:VC 0.3r2 I could host my friends and an admin connection fine with decent pings and a good gaming experience all round, even with a 256kbit/s upload speed. I had this problem in an earlier version of MTA (can't remember which one) and now it seems to have come back in MTA 0.4.

Has anyone got any ideas for this, because this release is kick ass and I'd love it if I could enjoy it with my friends, with a decent ping.