Players in the tunnel

I was playing on a GTA3 server, and myself and some other players couldn't work out why there were players in the tunnel. They were in the tunnel on the radar and if you went to the tunnel, you could see their names and health bars through the wall.

However, after speaking to one of them, it turns out that these are players who aren't actually in-game.

Edited by Guest

thats not a bug, its just the place where all the actors are

ppl who are connected but not ingame are there just like they were in mtavc 01 in the hotel

this was the place in 0.3b

gta3actors1.jpg

and thats where they are now in 0.4

gta3actors2.jpg

can you see the one under the car? :o

Ah yeah. I remember a guy saying that he saw a room full of actors.

But could they not at least take them off of the radar? It's really annoying following a yellow dot, only to find that it's someone who's not even on the map.

Is the place were people arnt ingame in that hotel with the long staircase near malibu (were u can go through it and under Vice City)? becz i always see pepl in there above me and not moving. :?

Yeah, but if so, you never see them on the radar.

:lol:

eegg4.jpg

Each part of Liberty City will be a secluded area, meaning you can't travel from one to the other still.

Where is that thing? I thought it was a joke for the Myraid Islands stuff... but its actually in the game? :shock:

Absolutely amazing that in all my time playing GTA3 I've never seen it.

It's on staunton island, behind one of the walls surrounding the parking lot where you have to kill the suicidal spanked up madmen in the mission "kingdom come". I believe there's an M-16 hidden there as well.

Also, once they open up the tunnel to the other cities in later versions

We never said we'd be doing that.

There was a thread ages ago, where people voted whether they wanted all 3 islands as one, or separate. The majority voted for the former, yet many people (including me) decided to change their vote when it was too late. If I remember rightly, it was eventually decided that it would be a server option as to the former or the latter.

You WONT be able to travel between islands not in any of the patches, what will happen is that you ( as server admin) will be able to choose between the 3 islands so you would either have island 1 ,2 or 3, not all of them.

This is for the people that will reply saying that you can.:

You can go with to the other islands with dodo , but if you get out on the other island you would get teleported back to the original one

Just so everyone knows; there's four islands, the fourth being the ghost town in which the initial cutscene takes place. I realize most of you don't count that as an island, but nonetheless, the game engine registers it as one.

Ciao,

Kryptos

Didn't know that either, though I doubt we'd be using it anyways, as there's no solid place to be found there (at least I haven't) and would hardly contribute as a playable area because of it's size. Interesting place to visit nonetheless.