Bugs, glitches etc in MTA 0.4

Hey MTA team, I love 0.4 (and bump... i love the documentation). But... I have found errors within 5 minutes lol.

Spectator mode:

1. Needs alotta debugging (sorry).

2. When you first pick spectator your sitting ona sliver of land by a Sabre, you go back to char select screen and it says no one is there to watch, if you choose again, it works.

3. The first time I hit the right arrow (to switch chars) the game froze.

4. I was watching someone drive behind the car lot and i switched camera modes... then I saw my character falling through the level... odd ain't it.

Playing Deathmatch:

1. Cars getting stuck in the level?... is there a way to fix taht?

2. not a glitch, but can the 6 shot or 3 shot, shottise... can ONE of them not knock u down? lol or if ur so far away it won't?

3. As soon as I started playing 0.4 it crashed all the time... then slowly got out of all taht... i don't know why or how.. but it's true.

Not... sure of anything else, but spec mode is really glitched, I still like 0.4, nice job team!

Well . from what i can see. eachone has a different problem .. Cause i did not experience ANY problem at all with spetador .. And the cars only got stuck on the ground on my slow pc . i think this has something to do with loading the "solid" part of the game .. just a tough , might be or it might not ..

My main concern was the respawn crash, but I think this had to do with the .3 uninstaller not deleteing that dll in the windows folder, I deleted it manually reinstalled .4 and I think it works now.

I also crash in spec mode if i hit the arrow more than once.

I also noticed, i've been killed by fire a few times, and it never seemed to count as a kill to anyone lol, is this on purpose?

Might I ask, but why is the stubby messed up? I check it in the Single Player, then in MTA and they were acting diffrent. After the shot was made, the guy took forever to have his stubby cock. Why? Now the new object if your a stubby user, is to jump again... can't really run that well without getting shot. I'am fine with everything but the Stubby, I don't care if the glitches go, but fix the stubby and the crashes please. Also been experiencing some lag from people :\. The cop shotty is probably going to be the next really good gun. But whats up with the stubby taking forever?

my only gripe is that it runs extremely slow!

mta 0.3 ran at a good rate but 0.4 is unplayable because it runs far too slow.. The character selection takes for ever so i ended up being a mexican because i don't want to wait ages just to move to where some other guy to respawn..

i got a 1.4ghz PC with a pentium 4 processer so it shouldn't be that slow for me really o.0

*edit*

This is worse then 0.3! it's unplayable!

Hi all,

First of all, nice work on MTA 0.4, developers. :) Nice to have some more cars with cop lights and sirenes. ;) Also, it's nice that the aiming is a lot more accurate now. :)

Just making clear: I didnt have VC or MTA 0.x installed anymore, so I had to do a clean and fresh Vice City 1.0 and then MTA 0.4 install.

First I got the annoying exception crash bug on launch but I remembered how to fix it (look here: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=3842). ;)

Two errors I found so far:

1) random crashes while playing (same as it was in the old MTAs), hard to tell when it happens.

2) I can confirm what the initial poster described: the game froze on the first time you select a char (only choic was to hit reboot button). First time not meaning everytime you start up MTA but the first time you started up MTA 0.4 after you installed it.

Also, it seems MTA 0.4 slows down (graphical lag, not bandwith lag) once in a while, haven't experienced that on MTA 0.3, not sure if that is a bug or normal due to new code. That results in bumping into something but besides that it's playable (AMD XP 2800+ with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro and a lot of system RAM) for me.

Oh, by the way, is it intended that you got whore skins if you play Secret Service sometimes or is that a bug? ;)

Here's What you do not crash at all:

:arrow: When choosing a career or spectator, wait till the security camera effect(green static & frame counter) goes away then accept.

:arrow: DO NOT SPRINT WHEN YOU SPAWN!!! Walk/run "out" of the spawn area then you can sprint.

:arrow: in spectator mode, don't use the arrow keys to choose another player, type; /next.

lol, reminds me of the old "futuristic cars" gsv2 code

I wanted to note, in my experience, in spec mode typing '/next' and '/prev' seems to crash A LOT less than using the arrows, I can scroll thru the players with nearly no crashes til something demanding happens (two nades in close succession) and then it crashed on me.

Here's What you do not crash at all:

:arrow: When choosing a career or spectator, wait till the security camera effect(green static & frame counter) goes away then accept.

:arrow: DO NOT SPRINT WHEN YOU SPAWN!!! Walk/run "out" of the spawn area then you can sprint.

:arrow: in spectator mode, don't use the arrow keys to choose another player, type; /next.

lol but i cant be arsed doing all of that LOL!

Heh no, it's actually the other way around. We took the firing key to toggle speedometer, because driveby's aren't possible anyway. Previously the speedometer key was 'sub-mission' (Caps) but that caused a lot of people to be accidentally yelling and therefore kicked, lol :oops:

My main concern was the respawn crash, but I think this had to do with the .3 uninstaller not deleteing that dll in the windows folder, I deleted it manually reinstalled .4 and I think it works now.

The 2nd reply in this thread.

So, dystopia, what dll did you remove?

I dunno how the hell this happened or if it's happened to anyone else, but I was in the temporary FKU server, and no matter who I spawned with I had 50-point armour. The only exception was the cop... who had a full 100-point.

If it helps anyone figure out why this happened, first character I spawned as was a cop, with about 100 ping difference from the host.