Pros and Con of MTA 0.4

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros:

The shooting system is much better. I was able to take down three people who were ballet dancing around me with Stubs with ease. My friend and I together popped about five Robbers with almost no difficulty. You can actually hit people who are moving now, which really levels the playing field. I'm not experiencing any of this "lag", but if you can decrease the bandwidth usage a little, I'm sure it will make hitting people even easier.

I don't have GTA3, but I may consider looking into it because of the Ammunations and Pay-n'-Sprays that you guys have added.

Cons:

I understand that 0.4 isn't perfect yet, but it is a significant improvement over 0.3. The synched weather is great, but sometimes it can become annoying because of the sudden changes. As for the cheaters, I have not encountered any yet, but I am still concerned because I know 0.3 required cheaters to rework their cheats.

So far so good, MTA Team.

I don't have GTA3, but I may consider looking into it because of the Ammunations and Pay-n'-Sprays that you guys have added.

Not to mention the Turismo mode - it stops it becoming boring after a while.

Oh, and thanks, Mr.B :wink: It's strange how I never found that after searching for "dodo" and "dodos".

Ok... I sorta figured a way to fix my "lag issue". Seems like it really wasn't lag all that much (there still is some obviously since there will be a patch) but anyway, if you're running in a high res, switch to at LEAST 800 x 600, 32 bit. Yes, I know, shitty res, but it made things a lot less laggy for me. Oh, btw don't tell me it's because my gfx card is shitty, i have a gf fx 5900 ultra. Anyhow. If yoy wanna know how to change your res since you can't in MTA, just start vice city single player, change it in there, close outta game, start mta.

Actually, your graphics card is pretty crap (I've got an FX 5900, btw). I can't run GTA in high res, and I have to run Battlefield: Vietnam in ultra-low quality (800x600x16, Minimum detail) in order to get decent framerates (in conjunction with an Athlon XP 2400+).

This is probably something to do with the MTA client taking up more system resources.

Pros:

Aiming system is practically perfect :D (i managed to kill a lagger today, with a 500ping, with the m60 at kind of a distance. And I aimed it right at him too :D)

The new char select is very cool.

GTA3MTA has been totally redone, and its enjoyable (especially with pay'n'sprays and ammunations)

Weather and Time are synced.

Lag has been improved massively.

Cons:

VC crashes are too common, and sometimes it gets really annoying.

Spectator mode crashes very often when just changing a person to watch.

The bandwith consumtion is horrible.

(and hopefully, the cons will be fixed in the patch they are making :D)

Another great release MTA (just wish vc crashes less :P)

Pros -

The aiming system has really improved. I can actually use weapons like the M60 now without getting slaughtered while trying to find my opponent's hitbox.

The stubby exploit is fixed, at last. Even though I can't use it anymore (=P), I suppose it makes things more balanced without people warping around everywhere after shooting. I can work with the old school jumping technique... 8)

Synced time and weather is a cool feature.

I like the new character selection screen. Now I can spot any action at the spawn points through the live camera feed. :twisted:

Cons -

GTA3 seems to crash a lot, but I can only assume that it's the same reason there's a disco lit sky... the engine is strained. VC, on the other hand, is very stable for me (at least as much as it was in 0.3).

As I've been complaining about everywhere, the bandwidth problems are horrible. I'm hoping that the patch will release soon and resolve this.

GTA3 seems to crash a lot, but I can only assume that it's the same reason there's a disco lit sky... the engine is strained. VC, on the other hand, is very stable for me (at least as much as it was in 0.3).

Would it perhaps have something to do with GTA3:MTA supporting 32 players, and MTA:VC only supporting 26?

It supports 32 players and VC doesn't? That's really... amazing. :shock:

I've been playing in 10 player or less servers, so I doubt it.

But there are still 32 actors reserved for it. I remember someone saying that you get the "disco sky" effect in SP if you type "giveusatank" loads of times.