Pros and Con of MTA 0.4

i walk out of the spawn and i still crash =\

walk/run completely "out" of the spawn place(out of the construction yard, phil's place, etc.) not the spawn spot. Or walk/run to the nearest vehicle.

the manual says that they added a speedometer, i don't have one displayed when i play MTA:VC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now I think i got my first 0.4 hacker encouter: VIP

:!: he sais he found it but i seriously doubt that the MTA team put a rocket launcher in as it aims like the sniper which is not "syncable". He tought it would kill others but all I saw was him fly back and it said: "VIP died(rocket Launcher).

I think people just found out how to fake death messages (and no, not using /me either)

They can put any item they want... IE: Death killed with a rubber mallet

I THINK maybe they used the color codes at the beginning of their name, so their color is the same as death messages, then used /me, maybe?

Either that, or they just found out a way to send packets to the server

Is there an extended synchronization of cars this time around? i.e. Car remains synched 20 seconds or so after someone departs the vehicle

Nope

I couldn't tell if the range issue (Not really a problem, just an issue) with thrown weapons was fixed or not. Can someone give me a yea or nay on this please?

Weapon range for actors (other players) is somehow different than for your player, we haven't looked into this yet.

Due to the limited time I had to play last night, I wasn't sure if there were new weapon spawns added / removed / moved around. Has there been any change to weapon spawn points?

A few minor changes, I think. At least one pickup I've added myself :wink:

Thank you MTA Team for another chapter in the growing online gameplay for our favorite games =)

You're welcome! Hopefully we can sort out the known issues soon™ and release an updated version.

It took only an hour of the clients existance for folks to start up with a lame ass robber spawn war. Blegh... Get the hell out of the start area and go drive a nice new Sabre someplace will ya please!? (As a side note, this is where I heard folks bitching about the stubby glitch being fixed. hee hee hee)

no kidding...

I was loving the Crusader and the SS.. but I had to go to the robber spawn if I wanted to kill anyone...

the pause after you shoot the stubby makes that more stategic but it leaves you vulnerable... it did equalize it a bunch and we can all be thankful for that..

Ok I have one con... why does everyone need to use this :arrow: for points.. all of the sudden this is a book report.. j/k

Oh loendal if you want to know what cars and weaps are where just look around.. lol

Yes everyone please spawn and move on....

I agree with all the pros and cons that loendal said

edit

umm another pro.. PizzaBoy style faggio... awesome

cons

stubby recoil thing sux

(from a stubby fighters point of view. I appreciate that this was to weaken the robber and get more even classes)

It sucks a lot less than you being invisible and warping to seemingly random places in the view of the people you used to fight whilst exploiting the weapon switch glitch :)

Ive played around a little with the grenade/mol distance problem but for now they are as were. Hopefully with some more experimentation that glitch can be adressed in the future.

It took only an hour of the clients existance for folks to start up with a lame ass robber spawn war. Blegh... Get the hell out of the start area and go drive a nice new Sabre someplace will ya please!? (As a side note, this is where I heard folks bitching about the stubby glitch being fixed. hee hee hee)

no kidding...

I was loving the Crusader and the SS.. but I had to go to the robber spawn if I wanted to kill anyone...

I'm growing rather fond of the SS myself =)

the pause after you shoot the stubby makes that more stategic but it leaves you vulnerable... it did equalize it a bunch and we can all be thankful for that..

I don't care about the balance, though you are right in that regard.. I'm just glad the glitch is fixed. I've been wanting admins to make that a kickable offense for a while =)

Oh loendal if you want to know what cars and weaps are where just look around.. lol

* ploinks KungFu with a wiffle bat *

Duh.. I know that.. I wasn't asking for locations, just a yes or no if there's new weapon spawns or not. I was too busy going ooo and ahhh at the char select screens to to worry about exploration yet. ;) Someone else in this thread said "I think they're live" yes, they are, you can see where folks are at around the spawn area in motion.

Yes everyone please spawn and move on....

Amen...

I agree with all the pros and cons that loendal said

Woo Hoo!

Is this where I feel all honored and stuff? ;)

Feel honored if you wish Loey... 8)

I would say even thou I have been over every inch of that Vice City map it seems brand new. I love spawning at the KFC headquarters El Swanko Casa... The Crusader spawn by NorthPoint Mall...

The cop spawn by CheryPopper will be a great source of fun too.. I just want to run home and play it..

I do hope the bandwith and crash issues settle down ... I have a time out issue because of my DSL (downgraded from cable :cry: ) but this is a pro.. They added a great reconnect that give you 5 tries to get back in... thanks.

I will have to run out and get GTA3 again.. I have it installed but it doesn't work and my cd is fuct..

I am very happy the warping weapon switch glitch is gone.. I figured out how to hit them but it was a bear to fight one of these ppl...

oh.. fog rocks

edit...

Remember this is the first of 3 releases for this version. :wink:

has anyone tried recording footage in FRAPS?

in 0.3, it would easily record at 25 fps, but in 0.4, it ALWAYS goes down to 7 or 8 (no matter if there is a lot of action and objects, or im just aiming a gun at ths sky). i havent noticed any decrease in performance at all outside of when im recording with FRAPS - it still easily stays at 30 fps all the time (with frame limiter enabled).

3's plenty - I was only expecting 1 dodo.

hell no, there are much people that wanna fly

for example: bd, rebel, me, mate, aeron, kent, bump, stanton and hazj all want to fly (this is not made up, cause we all want to) we join a server (wich we did last night :P) and we ALL wanna fly, so you see, 3 dodo's is NOT enough