MTA 0.4 RELEASED

Si|ent

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I totally agree with MrBump on this one. There's no point in keeping the beta from the public until all bugs are (presumably) fixed. It would take *way* to long. Nothing beats public beta testing for squishing bugs.

Okay.. to my thoughts on .4:

Bandwidth - I don't know anything about the underlaying code of MTA, but I surely hope you can optimize the netcode a lot. The game is unplayable on anything below DSL, and if there's more than 10 people in the game, you'll even need up above 512 kbit downstream. Maybe some compression or something would help? Just read the FAQ, sorry. I'm looking forward to the patch. :)

Movement - The movement is nice, probably because it's all done client-side. Other peoples movement can be rather annoying though, especially if they have a slow PC. Some people are virtually impossible to kill due to poor computer specs. Unfortunately they have no problem killing me though. :/ I've tried firing full magazines at people with the M60, and they just wouldn't die. Is it possible to implement some client-side prediction to avoid this?

Crashes - For me, crashes are rare. I don't seem to suffer from the bug that crashes the game if you choose the same career, as I always play as the mexican. :) Crashes seem to occur randomly though.

Weirdness - I've often seen people stand outside the airport, not moving or anything.. you couldn't kill them either. I guess these are players that haven't joined a team yet? I've also noticed people on top of the large building where you (in single player) go to take reveiling photographs of some politician. Also people don't always show up with the correct skin. I've seen mexicans that looked like sailors, Secret Service that looked like robbers etc..

Idea - Maybe you could make the game more teamplay oriented? As far as I've understood, it's Free For All now, ie: mexicans can kill mexicans and get frags. What about disabling friendly fire, or perhaps, penalize team killers? The skin bug(?) mentioned above would need to be fixed though, if this was to work. :)

it doesnt show up in The All-Seeing Eye, i give 0.4 a 0/10

Are you a fucking dumbass? It fucking shows up in ASE. GO TO THE FUCKING "OTHER" SECTION UNDER MTA. God damn. 0/10 because your a dumbass who doesnt know how to navigate ASE? Heh, thats amusing.

god, ok, you dont have to fucking go off on me like that like a fucking retard, i was just rating the damn game becuase it doesnt show up on TASE. thats it :roll: god damn, its ammusing to see you go off like that lmao

god, ok, you dont have to :o go off on me like that like a :o :O, i was just rating the damn game becuase it doesnt show up on TASE. thats it :roll: god damn, its ammusing to see you go off like that lmao

Hey, guess what. I dont give a fuck about what you think about me. Giving MTA that rating just because you are too stupid to find it in ASE. Meh, I'm done arguing with you.

:arrow: Back on topic.

my first reply wasnt talking bullshit about you like how you were me, now just stfu, im done, im ganna go play CS

oh and the problem was it wasnt loading the damn game and it didnt show the game, not that i couldn't find it on TASE

stupid bitch.... :D

my first reply wasnt talking bullshit about you like how you were me, now just stfu, im done, im ganna go play CS

oh and the problem was it wasnt loading the damn game and it didnt show the game, not that i couldn't find it on TASE

stupid bitch.... :D

Listen, enough with the flaming. If you dont like MTA 0.4 one bit (as the 0/10 score says), then why are you still here? Why don't you go have fun playing your little CS games. You seem to enjoy them better than MTA.

Hey, im not cursing MTA, im flaming that stupid bitch Posty. This is my last post.

im still here to see if they update it to where it will work correctly one day :ahole:

damn bitch, get a brain :roll:

If GTA3 rocks, why are there so few servers on ASE?

Because everyone wants to play the game with more crashes. Actually, they want bikes and helicopters, but I could care less for them. GTAIII is a lot better. It's an actual city to play in, it's really fun.

I think their is less servers, because less people are hosting them?

Well.. yes... obviously, but by the laws of supply and demand, if there was more demand for GTA3, there would be more people running GTA3 servers.

• myonlake changed the title to MTA 0.4 RELEASED