MTA 0.4 RELEASED

Si|ent

The only thing I don't like about MTA:VC 0.4 is that it crashes WAY too often. I think I crashed more in that than I did with MTA:VC 0.1. I really hope you guys fix that in the patch you're making... The GTA3 experience is awesome though, and I play it too much :P (stayed up til like 6am the other night trying it out :P)

There's an anti crash program which you should download. It's linked somewhere in the forums...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 24 millisecond ping to my server, but when I go ingame the ping goes 1000+!

Does anyone else get this?

I had no problems with 0.3r2 ping-wise. This just makes it unplayable for me... :(

I've left my server as 0.4 for everyone else to play though...

I don't think my computer specs make a difference as it's a P4 3.04Ghz, 512Mb, etc. etc.

Are you running Admin+ as well? Don't forget that Admin+ takes up the same bandwidth as a normal player, so that would explain why your ping was sky-high.

Anyway granted, I didnt check if that glitch was still in. Wasn´t my shall we say first priority as I really hate it.

I had to ask people to tell me about the game as I was caught up at work. No offence but I am going to take thier word over yours eventhough I believe the phrasing I got was "dunno".

Should it still be there I guess I can live with it since the mex lost his mollies and of course not to mention the rest of the fantastic stuff there is to be excited about.

its a good thing that the mexican hasnt got the molotovs any more, otherwise everybody would use it. ok the crusader isnt so popular but its still annoying that the bug hasnt been fixed(though i sometimes use the molotov bug, because its the only effective weapon against lag).

for ppl who dont know what the molotov bug is, read this:

when trowing a grenade or molotov, and when you are almost done with throwing and you jump, you wont see that you have throwed something, but the other players do, and they lose health, while you dont, but they see that you are walking in your own fire(molotov) or explosion(grenade

and my conclusion is that the gta3:MTA version is much better than the mtavc one

I have a 24 millisecond ping to my server, but when I go ingame the ping goes 1000+!

Does anyone else get this?

I had no problems with 0.3r2 ping-wise. This just makes it unplayable for me... :(

I've left my server as 0.4 for everyone else to play though...

I don't think my computer specs make a difference as it's a P4 3.04Ghz, 512Mb, etc. etc.

Are you running Admin+ as well? Don't forget that Admin+ takes up the same bandwidth as a normal player, so that would explain why your ping was sky-high.

Nope, just running bog-standard admin... :(

GREAT GREAT GERAT

i like it i am not crasing an ymore

not even once (the only time i crashs is when i respawn as same carrer)

and i am NOT NOT NOT Crashing in GTA3

GTA3 is crash free for me!!! :P

little ping problem- but nay way it is ok

the admin tool rocks

the katana

the machate

weather time

every thing!!!

thanks MTA!!! :D8):lol:

I love it...

I love the Secret Service... I love the aiming...

Great job thanks MTA

Ya love the aiming on the secret service, and good weapons too...

i liked robber befro but no as much now more mexi and secret service is the coolest but not so much strong weapons but cool... good job mta team..

i hate the stupid cardamage system with gta3 mta, i dont like it when ppl carkill all the time

The team didn't change that - it's part of the game. However, I'm sure you could use Admin+ and MTAMA to limit or even prohibit car killing (however, bear in mind that the kill credit system is slightly dodgy at the moment and you may punish the wrong person).

Ok, I made some more attempts at playing on a big server (26 ppl).

I tried both local and distant servers, some full others almost empty.

Result was the same. As soon as I spawn the game runs in bullettime. Super slowmotion. The firering speed of the m4 is similar to the one of the pistol. Doesnt matter if I am alone , driving or on foot.

Funny because my brother´s pc has the same os , same amount of ram, ghz and the same graphics card - his game runs smoothly speedwise. Instead he is suffering from a lot of random crashes - which I dont.

My thoughtson 0.4

VC-Sucks, laggy, kill glich, stubby is ok, but we need the prawn spawn back. Aimimg system is the best yet. But you need to work out some things with sum patches. Spectator crashes so bad, my anti crash can't handle it. And hurry up on the respawn bug patch! Good job(I guss) The chat thing is asome, but it lags when weather changes. Yes, I understand that this is freeware, but this was a rushed release. my good friend, {ULK}RENEGADE can't play, he gets the trainer usegae thing, he is ULK, he doesan't cheat, it the gotdammit client. You guys should have not rushed the release. Mabe, evan if it was delayed for 3 more months, i qwouldn't mind, sum ppls are going back to 0.3 because of this shit. But, keep up the good work guys!!!!!!!

GTA3- Asome, but you need to convert it to a VC engine or something, the flashy colors gave me a seizure(disco glich) This game is not so laggy. The buy guns thing kinda sucks, but i can deal with it, i mean, cum on, how can you fight a guy with a bat and colt, when he has a fucking stubby, ak47. its a littel unfair. Eatleasst give us a stubby, etc. make it so you get a differtn weapon eACH TIME U SPAWN. lIKE YOU GET THE BAT, PISTOL, AND ANOTHER WEAPON. tHAT WOULD BE BETTER. tHE TURISMO THING IS ASOME, BUT IT NEEDS TO HAVE DIFFERTN CORUSES. i HAVE THIS COUSE MEMORIZED ALREADY :P. tHE AMMUNation is cool, but ppls camp out thier and car kill you. The car killing in gta3 is so bad, i don't walk period any more. You should be able to go to all 3 islands, but with like 50 person servers. it will be hard, but its possible.I can fly the Dodo to the 3rd island, drive around, its all stable. But prtland is neat, 26 ppls in an island is sweet, evan 10 is swweet, its crwoed. So you get more contact. The weather syncing is good, but still lags. You guys did an asome job on the chat stuff, A++++ on tyhat .I like what ppls have been killed by, but the same bug in VC is carried over, if i stand by a guy who is car killed, i get the kill. Not fair, not right. But good job! Sorry for caps, too lazy to retype it. FFS, that was alotta typing!.

We didn't rush the release. MTA is a beta, that means its released to the public for them to help test. The fact you get an awesomely addictive playing experience is a bonus.

Beta brings to light problems that small in-team and semi-private testing doesnt. Giving us a chance to get to grips with these new problems and work towards a solution for them. If you were hoping for a flawlessly perfect gaming experience then I suspect Beta software isn't somethign you should consider using in future.

As for your demand that the robber be moved etc, thats simply a natural aversion to change that we all have to some extent, but without change there can be no progress, only stagnation.

The lag issues you mention after your stunningly incisive and helpfully constructive comment 'VC-Sucks' have been adressed already. As was announced publicly on the night of release.

Edited by Guest

Personally I consider the spawn menu, when I've just died and have no weapons or ammo left to lose, a much improved time to crash compared to seemingly at random when loaded to the hilt with hard-won weapons.

Been addresses? Umm, i wasne't here when it was release, and i think thier is going to be a patch in the future. When i addressed VC-sicks, i meant the lag issue,. but since I KNOW its going to be fixed in the NEAR future. You completley got me convinced now. Bump, have you ever though of taking up public speaking, the kind where you do like, motivation speaking, seriously, you would be good at it. So, 1.0 will be the non beta version, then SA will come along, then we start all over again!

I've played it just today.

I'm impressed with all of the new features and bug fixes.

The only thing I can complain about is the horrible lag. I can see that this is being addessed in an upcoming patch, though.

At its current state, it's pretty much unplayable on my side unless I'm on a five player or less server... if this bandwidth problem will be fixed soon then it will be perfect.

So, 1.0 will be the non beta version, then SA will come along, then we start all over again!

How quickly do you think they can program this?!

I predict that SA will be out at least a year before MTA 1.0 is.

I'd suspect that they'd release a beta (or several) of SA beforehand, separate to the main release.

i just thought the "new and improved" 0.4 would improve fix the errors in 0.3, not create worse ones.

It has fixed some of the problems (improved aiming system, for instance), but as Bump said, it's a beta. Also, it's impossible for something to be new and improved. :wink:

GTA3- Asome, but you need to convert it to a VC engine or something, the flashy colors gave me a seizure(disco glich)

Not everyone owns VC, remember. It seems a bit pointless having to own Vice City in order to play GTA3 on it. I'm confident that the colour bugs will be fixed (possibly in a later core). In fact, I'm sure that a lot of problems will go away with the new core, because 0.3 was specifically designed for Vice City (which I'd guess was one of the reasons for the lengthy development period).

I haven't tried the Liberty City side yet but I love the Vice City 0.4

I am not crashing too much and the aiming is really good. The only thing that is a bit annoying is the stubby shotgun. They fixed the speed switch thing but the jumpers are uneffected. I couldn't do either one but I would run around regular speed and try to it the jumpers.. now I am forced to try and glitch if I use that weapon.

I don't use it thou... I am using the Katana and it's great but it's hard to beat a stubby jumper because it takes a bunch of close hits to beat them while they can hop around glithing off shots...

If they could up the damage on those blade weapons it would be better. If you can get that close it should be more damage.

The fact that the small auto weapons are soo good now is a great equalizer and it's just a matter of getting the distance to finish them so it's not impossible... but in close fighting with stubby or throwables seems to be all glitching right now

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this