MTA 0.4 RELEASED

Si|ent

how long have you guys been working on this? other than the timelength between the release of the .3r2 or whatever beta, this seems like it was done by 2-3 people in a few weeks of hard work.

You know, sometimes i wonder why we bother.

Don't listen to him. There's always one :wink:

But seriously, "no new features"? Are you sure you didn't run 0.3 by mistake? The biggest feature is GTA3 support being brought up to scratch. It was a massive undertaking, as no doubt was the new aiming system.

Anyway, 0.3 wasn't as rosy and perfect as you made out - that required a patch after release as well, due to a major bug. After the bug fix, everything was fine, so please don't be so quick to judge.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 words followed by some more

fucking awesome

great job guys, i woulda posted this sooner but i was too busy having fun with the new synch(brilliant) m4 owns and incase anyone hasn't pointed it out, spectator mode bugs up a bit and crashes for a lott of people.

Good job mta team the new class is cool and mp5 rox

Love ya!

the mta team have done a great job but as it says in the manual AND the homepage of the website THIS IS STILL A BETA and is still garaunteed to HAVE bugs and crashes etc but just deal with it LOL we were the impatient ones and wanted mta 0.4 early!!!

the mta team have done a great job but as it says in the manual AND the homepage of the website THIS IS STILL A BETA and is still garaunteed to HAVE bugs and crashes etc but just deal with it LOL we were the impatient ones and wanted mta 0.4 early!!!

That's a very good point actually. We can't really complain about GTA3 lacking features because if they'd put them in, we'd be waiting another 3 months or so.

I just installed the new Linux server onto my server :wink:

Changed the motd, settings etc, when I tryed to login on my own server start the game I got kicked of suspected cheating! :evil:

I wasnt cheating or trying something weird :roll:

The next login worked like normal though.

Edited by Guest

i have a problem with 0.4 when there are 2-6 players in a server my game goes fine. But when u get more then 6 it starts to lag, and its something like 9 frames.is there a way to stop this?

Apart from this I LOVE MTA 0.4 :D , good job.

If they only added saying how ppl were killed this would be worth the price of the free admission.

That makes me want to kill with the unusual weapons. I like the new spawn screen, I like the effect they added.. where it looks like a closed circuit..

This whole thing is one big beta test.. I wish some ppl would stop acting like they paid for this thou... Some things will not be perfect but try to find something better...

The new spawn locations make the map seem new... I get lost in the fog, slip around in the rain.. This is truely a great accomplishment and worth the wait

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fucking weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (long time ago i said that:P)

i'm sooooooo happy with the new release and i only had 3 crashes in total, and somehow, i don't get the bug where you crash when you spawn a 2nd time with the same char =/ (yes i know, weird) aaaaaaanyway, great release

*jumps and screams like a little sissy*

MTA 0.4 was worked on for 7 months. There are plenty of new features like a new char select, spectator, weather and time sync, speedometer, gta3 support (which has ammunations and pay'n'sprays), more admin features, now, must i go on with the features? Do you know why we had a 0.3r2? Because 0.3 had a bug, that made it unplayable (radar glitch), just like MTA 0.4 has the spawn a 2nd time and crash glitch (that needs to be patched) and will probably be fixed with an MTA 0.4.1 or an MTA 0.4r2 or something. MTA 0.4 is a huge improvement in lag/sync/and good gameplay. You guys see one bad bug, and you say the whole mod is full of tons of other glitches that dont exist and say that it has no new features and such. Let them fix the 2 spawn glitch, and it'll be fine (btw, play GTA3 if you dont want the 2 spawn bug).

other than that, when i load up the game when running the server on my same pc, i'll be playing, die once, then i stop existing in the game. i see people moving around on the radar (at leas that works) and they are talking in chatbox, but everyone is playing on what seems like a different server. i see a model of each person from a certain time in the game, and they don't move. i quit and re-enter the game. works fine, then i'll go into a building or die, and it happens again. it's very annoying, and happens to people on my server, too.

ppl keep getting disconnected. i have my ports open, and i'm not kicked off the internet b/c aim doesn't sign off, but everyone leaves and re-enters.

and the game seems to crash at random moments, leaving a black screen infront of me. i see my mouse, but that's it. i have to restart my pc, and explain why everyone is pissed.

I have gone from completly absessed to HATING this game, at first I couldnt wait for 0.4.

But 0.4 is completly unbalanced, when someone knocks me down (explosion or whatever) I dont have a chance it takes so long to get up I'am dead before even thinking about firing back. (I once was one of the best, know the run me over so I dont have a chance kill me all the $%^&(* time).

Also I have had about 25 crashes in an hour, all without error orso. The sound keeps playing but the game is dead.

It is an clean installl of mta vc without mods :evil::evil: .

Also I hit people with heavy guns and they dont get a thing, also the lag is still here (playing on a lan or over inet with max 50 pings (only with friends)).

To bad 0.4 sucks so hard :!:

Edited by Guest

just because of what your saying in your post and just looking at some way you say things , i highly doubt the part where you say you were one of the best. i think you are one of those that with 0.3 never could have killed anyone ( or hardly) and always accused people of cheating simply because you coudnt kill them.. ( you were missing)

First of all Xenex... that's baseless.. He could very well have been very good in 0.3.. If he used the same name who knows.. I never heard of him but it's possible.

I have gone from completly mad to HATING this game, at first I couldnt wait for 0.4.

But 0.4 is completly unbalanced, when someone knocks me down (explosion or whatever) I dont have a chance it takes so long to get up I'am dead before even thinking about firing back. (I once was one of the best, know the run me over so I dont have a chance kill me all the $%^&(* time).

Also I have had about 25 crashes in an hour, all without error orso. The sound keeps playing but the game is dead.

It is an clean installl of mta vc without mods :evil::evil: .

Also I hit people with heavy guns and they dont get a thing, also the lag is still here (playing on a lan or over inet with max 50 pings (only with friends)).

To bad 0.4 sucks so hard :!:

OK.. What are you using for a computer?

Is it possible that you need to upgrade? it seems like this could be computer lag.. this game is doing more than it used to

I remember Black Dragon saying that nothing like this happened during the pre-release testing. This is the first real world test, and there are bound to be bugs, as it's a beta. Would you prefer it if you'd had to wait an extra 4 months or so?

What I suggest is that you let them know by stripping out the flames and giving a detailed description of the problem so that they can patch it. As I've said about 5 times today, 0.3 was not perfect upon release.

I've been playing with friends only, and I doubt my pc needs an "update"

Shuttle SN41G2, 1gig DDR 400mhz 2cas (kingston) 9600XT, AMD 3000+, Sb audigy zs etc etc. :P

I've been playing with friends only, and I doubt my pc needs an "update"

Shuttle SN41G2, 1gig DDR 400mhz 2cas (kingston) 9600XT, AMD 3000+, Sb audigy zs etc etc. :P

It should be superfast.. I have a shuttle with similar specs...

I would just give MTA some time to "sort it out" as those kids across the pond say.