My theory for having "story-mode" multiplay.

Okay okay, so we all know MTA is mainly client side right? Right.

Okay what we do is, (when I say we I mean the mta team) is keep client side pretty much the same as it is now.

Now the server, the server has the information about peds, traffic etc etc (obviously with a lot of different epople in the game at different locations = need a pretty hefty server machine).

So here we have our server with all the info, the client downloads the info from the server in real time and hence we have syncronised single player features. The key being screw putting the info for creating random traffic etc on the client, put it only on the server. However there is the problem of the dreaded L word (no, not lesbian), but lets just say MTA can tweak it like a mofo and give us the first working syncronised TRUE GTA multiplayer experience (Aside from of course the first 3 games, GTA, GTA: 1969 and GTA2, but they wern't 3d so they can kiss my ass).

Budda-bing budda-boom.

Then again, I'm probablly just clutching at straws.

Flame my stupidness in theorising the laggiest game experience known to man, please.

if you put all the info ONLY on the server, what do you think what will happen when you try to kill a ped?

2 possibilities:

-the client sends info to the server that he has killed a ped, so the server has to remove the ped from the city and send that info to all other clients (otherwise it wouldn't be synced). Now, imagine what would happen if every player kills a ped, at the same time? yup, the L-word.

-other possibility: if the info is only on the server, and can't be changed by the client, you won't be able to kill them, because the ped's death won't be recorded and sent to the server.

At least, that's what I think...

Well hefty comps would be a must, and conections.

But when you think about it, if MTA had all this stuff people wouldnt run around killing each other usually, the most likely thing would just be 3 or 4 friends taking on the city, the servers would consist of maybe 6 - 8 maximum players rather than 16 - 24.

• MTA Team

not possible.

First : it would mean we would have to create a server that knows the map and has a form of AI to move the actors/vehicles

Second : The bandwith required would be enormous, near to impossible to pay for

third : Both GTA3 and VC have limitations for number of vehicles and actors that can be handled at once. We are already at those limitations.

third : Both GTA3 and VC have limitations for number of vehicles and actors that can be handled at once. We are already at those limitations.

well how many cars are in the MTA.scm now? ive had ALOT of cars in at once (parked) are you sure thats all?

• 2 weeks later...
not possible.

First : it would mean we would have to create a server that knows the map and has a form of AI to move the actors/vehicles

Second : The bandwith required would be enormous, near to impossible to pay for

Would it be possible in a LAN where you don't need to pay for bandwith?