Game Cam 1.2 Released

Gamefreek

A new program that allows you to record from ingame. I know a lot of ppl use Fraps but trust me this is a lot better. Fraps usually slow down most ppl's pc, but when i tried it my game still ran smooth as if it wasnt recording.

Click Here

Best of all...ITS FREE, works only for windows xp tho

Wow , amazing tool this sounds like , im reading the details atm , a few things i found interesting :

Cached Video Recording (CVR)

Have you ever wandered around a map for 5 minutes before you got caught up in an awesome battle and emerged victorious? Have you ever had a cool or unbelieveable gameplay moment that you wish you could replay as anything other than a flashback?

With Game Cam's exclusive CVR technology, you'll never miss a moment. Forget searching through a ten minute video to find that one cool moment. Now you can get what you want, when you want it.

Cached Video Recording is managed for a specified length of time that is chosen by you. Instead of one continuous recording, try starting with a 30 second timer. As the newest frame is cached during gameplay, the oldest frame is dropped so you'll always have the last 30 seconds. An unlimited number of movies can be saved whenever you choose to save them and only the last 30 seconds are recorded to video. (more)

File Manager

Game Cam will manage your movies for you. Movies are automatically saved in a different folder for each game so that you don't have to sort through them.

Auto Thumbnails (video and image capture)

Thumbnails are automatically created each time you record video or capture still images and are provided as a convenience for website owners and to help gamers who record several movies of the same game. You can turn auto thumbnails on or off.

Size

There are no restrictions on thumbnail width or height. Simply choose the size of the thumbnail image you want to represent your movie and upload it to your website.

Selectable Thumbnail (video only)

This option was added for map makers and gamers who want a specific thumbnail to represent a particular movie. You can choose each movies thumbnail while recording.

This program is countless times better than fraps.

Fraps is crap, you have t obe running your game on a crappy quality, and then compress the videos for the videos to be small enough for the net. You end up with a video taking up a lot of space, and looking really crappy.

I just recoreded 1 minute and 40 seconds of footage in game cam whilst on best quality (1600 x 1200 32), in fraps that would be like 300 - 500 megs, (which is why we have to run the game on crappy quality to get anywhere with fraps, especially seeing as fraps slows down your PC also).

With game cam that 1:40 of footage was a lean 21.9 megs. And it looked awsome too.

I'm sorry fraps, but this program is not only better than you in every way, but it doesn't cost money to be fully functional either.

GAME CAM ALL THE WAY!

This is a good program an works in SP for me but crashes as soon an the MTA version tries to load :\

/edit got it to work, although when running i cant see names or the chat box in MTA

Edited by Guest

Can you still see the chat though??

I set up the profile target to MTA.exe, unbinded all the keys apart from start pause an end. Still no joy.

It doesn't lag me quite as much as fraps. Atlhough it depends on the fraps version your using. On the crappy freeware fraps it really drags your game down, i have 2.0.0 build 1777 an that is pretty good.

This is like Tivo for MTA.. very cool..

And you can't chat? Even better I hope everyone is taping and shutting up from now on.. laugh.

I hope this means we get a bunch of cool scenes.. I will run this and save anything cool that happens ...

Great find GF... The problem with fraps is that you only get footage of someone owning you.. because your game lags