To All Admins

I was on a server tonight and to be honest it has been everynight for the past 2 weeks where i cannot frag without a cheater showing up. I cannot go to my own clan server's anymore due to the recent ddos attacks. I myself was attacked not more than 6 hours ago. This admin problem either has to be stopped or I believe ppl will lose there hopes for mta in the future. This is a post to all admins registered for ASE, if this problem isn't stopped I myself will quit playing entirely. Big deal is what your saying, it is a big deal when everyone agrees when I say either active admins or inactive players. I look forward to your respose. Thank you.

There is a serious need for admins on certain servers, it seems to be a constant problem. ESPECIALLY now, some people are releasing some very devestating hacks that not only make them invincible, but can modify other peoples experience as well, like sending the "all cars blow up" code to everyone.

NOW I can seriously agree that we need more admins, and I will even volunteer if anyone needs one. Just like when cheaters completely cracked .2.2, it has just happened with .3 I believe, so we need to double our eyes on servers.

Indeed, well spoken element. I also volunteer to be admin (ofcourse, why shouldn't I) but I doubt that anyone would give my admin-access. And do you know why? because noone trusts each other, everyone distrusts any other player because of the cheaters. This is totally getting out of control, but I am (for now) confident that the 0.4 release will at least slow cheaters down, because if they want to cheat, they'll probably have to crack the client and so on, so there will be like one or maybe 2 weeks without cheaters, and I'm really gonna love that. It'll be just enough to master the new aiming and to become somewhat skilled again, so I'll probably recognise cheaters fast.

There is really a need for admins, and not only active admins, but also fair admins...

don't give up guys, don't let the cheaters take over MTA.

The improved aiming system and the spectator view will cut down on the amount of innocent people called cheaters, and admins will have less doubt as to who is really cheating, so you should see the number of cheaters fall with the release of 0.4 (theoretically).

For as cheat free an experience as possible play on the official servers, they are well manned and if by chance an admin or trustee ISNT either ingame itself or watching in the echochan they can always be found on irc.gamesurge.net channel #multitheftauto

Also please note the majority of people you immidiately think are cheating actually aren't, as is discussed on the forum elsewhere the bugs, limitations and unfinished state of the beta's can make a new player misunderstand just what is happening, leading to them concluding the other player is cheating. This is borne out by the number of innocent people who get reported. But thats fine, we have no problem looking into each report, because that rare 1 in 10 or 20 who IS cheating will be removed swiftly :)

well guys there has not been anything bad for cheating until I saw this new breed of hacks around. All cars caugth on fire etc etc, but those guys are a little harder to find out who is doing it. Anyways you guys have not really seen anything yet. Because there are worst ways to ruin mta. we are really lucky no one has decided to really do anything bad yet. I saw some of the hacks created for diablo and because mta is so very cleint sided (same with games like d1) what could be done would make you cry.

I have to ask, MRBump, have you seen the new hacks out? Are ya'll going to be able to prevent these fire, and warping coeds being sent? I'd much rather .4 delayed to destroy these methods than leave the flaws in :\

Funny how everyone that hacks seems to come out of the woodwork right before a client is released :roll:

I want better admining as I have been forced to play on other servers but can you wait until just after Element stops playing please? I can hang out a bit longer with the cheaters if nessasary. thanks.

On another serious note,

The have seen the cars blow up cheat only one time and it was Aeron using it then so I don't know how big this problem is...

I have seen cheaters in these servers but their are many places that are cheat free for the most part.

I have been playing in the FMJ and VCES servers both cheat free... the 24h server has some cheaters but also some admins too. Just shop around. I even started playing on the mfC estonian server...

I want 0.4 released today but 0.3 is still going strong and I enjoy a relatively cheat free experience even without my trusty admin panel in my much abused by DDos PartyServer.

Well some1 in the TmM server advertised a site, cant remember exactly wat it was, but i cud check the logs. This person was banned after dj went on the site found it was hacks and that man was immediently banned :) do thats proof there are websites and something needs 2 b done.

I saw the main one for .2.2, it was a craphole temporary geocities page, it's obvious they made it that way due to it's nature.

As for the cars exploding: it sure as hell wasn't aeron when I was playing, there's also a teleportation one that throws some people into the building at the military base, it's really annoying when you have to kill yourself just to continue play.