need suggestions on purchasing a new graphics card

TwwIX

Well,i have finally decided to get rid of my piece of shit geforce 5200 and 5600 fx cards and replace them with something worthy being attached to my systems.I've completely lost my faith with nVidia once they released the shity FX series.I guess it's about time that i switched to another brand anyway.

I'll make it quick cause i am in a hurry.

ATI - RADEON 9800 PRO or SE 128MB AGP Graphics Card

I am planning on purchasing it over the net instead of shelling out $50 more at a store.(need online store suggestions aswell/ebay,pricewatch)How safe is it?

Believe it or not,but ive never purchased anything online to this day.

Never had a credit card,mainly cause i never really had any use for it until recently.Anyway,i'd really appreciate it if some of you could help me out with this.

Thx guys.

I get most of my stuff from eBay for two reasons:

1) PayPal actually supports my card (not many places do)

2) It's so damn addictive!

You can generally pick up a bargain there. I say "generally" because it is an auction, so you can never really predict what the final price will be. But it's generally cheaper than most online stores because the sellers don't have as many overheads and they don't have to advertise (which saves a LOT).

You've probably heard about some of the scammers on eBay, but I find that they stick out like a sore thumb. As long as you buy from someone with a high feedback rating who often deals with similar goods, you should have no problems at all.

And remember that, unlike a high street shop, you cannot see the physical item that you're buying (remember that some photos are stock photos and not that particular item), so always read the small print and ask questions (whether you're using eBay or not).

Everyone has a need for Credit Cards Twixx... Your credit score is horrible if you don't have available Credit...

I pay for most things with Credit Cards then pay them off.. I don't close them either because that hurts your score... With your business too? shit you can save yourself a bunch of record keeping by paying for everything on Amex then getting your yearend statement.

Online shopping is safe enough but Do not use your Debit/Credit Card that is attached to your bank account. Use Amex it's the safest.. or you can use another credit card.

Reason is that if you get wiped out noone will give you that cash back. But if it happens to your Credit Card you are covered by fraud protection.

As far as vid Cards.. I have the GeForce 5200 Ultra 128mb.. the card is a test card made by Nvidia thou... I love it.. sorry you had problems good luck with ATI

• 2 weeks later...
This topics dead...whyed phil have to revive it.....guess i wont lock it though since twwix hasnt said anything yet (even though im not suspecting he is going to)

What happend to Russel Crowe?

I've already decided on which card i should get.

I actually already got it and it's right here in my lap.

It's a MSI ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(down clocked 9800xt).

Haven't installed it though cause iam still waiting for my new psu to arrive.

Anyway,ya go ahead and lock it/delete it if you want.

Buy a graphics card 9600 (not SE) or higher. Asus is a good company what you can trust. :P

OK I see you already decided. BTW if you go out for luck then you can modify 9800SE to 9800Pro but it has ~70% chance of failing. And then you lost ur shiny new 9800 I guess.