Computer Trouble

ok, I have a celeron 2.7 GHz, 512 Ram, Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 PCI 128 MB Graphix card, and a Cable internet connection. My PC lag is terrible. It is so horrendous that when I shoot someone, They are up and moving before i can reload my Stubby.

Can any Dev's or anybody in general help me with this problem?

I also have all the updated drivers for my system, no spyware/adware because I use Adaware and I just formatted. I often run Disk Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup, and I have only Teamspeak running with MTA.

I also have all the updated drivers for my system, no spyware/adware because I use Adaware and I just formatted.

I tried that too... I can't figure it out at all. My draw distance i tried all the way up, down, and in the middle. I tried with my frame limiter on, and off. I tired the lowest possible resolution that my video card will support, and it still lags.

Well, a format does eliminate the possibility of viruses and spyware; that is of course, unless the virus has managed to get itself into your memory. It could be that your internet connection is going slower than normal.

meh, the computer is brand new. I just got it in mid june, and got it on the net near the end of june. So it has only been connected to the net for a short time, i just set it up, then i got it on the net, installed VC and MTA, and it lags like you wouldnt believe. I just cant think of what it is. BTW this was only a 500 dollar purchase from Wal Mart. It is a Compaq Presario, LOL. But I hooked it up with what it should need to play MTA like it should run. MTA isnt a very resource demanding process, nor does it need the best hardware on the market. What I have should be enough to run this simple game, shouldn't it?

PS:

This computer runs Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 like a dream.

well, if anyone has an idea. please post. Also, the install disk for my VC is scratched, so i dont know if that has anythign to do with it. I installed my VC radio and im useing a no cd crack so i dont run off any cd's.

also the game runs smooth when like, only 1 or 2 people are near me. say there is a server with 10 people in it, 8 or nine of the people are at like, mex or something, and i am fighthing someone at robber. My game runs smooth, but when those 9 people, plu smyself are at robberspawn, i lag like there is no tomorrow. I am onn a router with a computer that heavily uses bandwidth, but my ping is low, and i DID try a driect connection to my modem, and i still lag.

For the record, i am running an Intel Celeron 2.7/400Mhz FSB, 512 PNY DDR SD, 128 MB GeForce FX 5200 PCI video, Realtek AC97 Sound (integrated) 128 MB Cache RAM, Intel 82845G chipset with disabled onboard video, (because im using my geforce)

Edited by Guest

/me points out that he is using a celeron..

celerons aren't good for multitasking, a celeron really suffers in this case because a lot of data s being interpreted by both the client AND VC... so having a nice robust processor really helps.

Kent

Hi i had a kinda the same problem (slow loading grapics)and i never had em b4 on my radeon 9600) a while back, my bro was fidling with options and he changed the frame-limiter, so just try changing it back. Let us know what happens

what cpu do u have? if its a celeron, your screwed. celerons are SLOW. a 2.8 celeron was performing worse than my dual 866 MHz p3....

A lot of people rely on megahertz alone when buying a processor. That's why AMD changed their naming conventions to provide a value for the equivalent P4 speed through AMD architecture. So therefore a Celeron or Duron will always underperform against a Pentium or Athlon of the same speed. This is due to higher-end chips having optimisations and larger cache sizes.

well, he said he had a geforce card....try upgrading ur vice city to version 1.1

and i doubt this has much to do with it, but check ur ping, and give an estimate of the average. ive noticed that a comp slows down quite a bit wen on a low speed internet. i know u have cable.....but check it anyway :wink:

eh how do i upgrade VC to 1.1?

Lol, i thought a celeron 2.7/400 fsb would be good enough, but i think i guessed wrong. but i was talking to a few people in the partyserver, and a couple pointed out to me that they have celerons. FKU combat, ULK snowx, KFC sergio(whos celeron runs at an exceptional 1.2 ghz) and KFC villan. FKU combat has no lag whatsoever he told me, he said he gets a good fps and doesnt lag. I fought him at home with my pentium 4 2.0 Ghz, (which runs awesome with MTA) and he didnt lag. The same story with Sergio (who beat me in a footrace with his 1.2 celeron with 256 ram and a 128 mb PCI video).

And the same story with snowx. KFC villan has the same problem as me. if any of you have ever fougt him, you know he lags.

Kent: My celeron does work nicley with multitasking tho, just not with MTA. I can run Kazaa Lite, AIM, MSN, Firefox, TS, and ASE all together without any lag.

Talidan: My ping in game is about 45 on average.

TMM_Ryan: I fuck with my frame limiter all the time, lol

PS:

Thanks to all for your feedback.

Celeron processors are junk man. You need an Intel Pentium 4 HT Processor. I have a stable connection on my hewlett packard notebook and I use Intel Centrino HT Processor. My suggestion to you is try to get rid of that celeron processor and have it changed at a computer store to Intel Pentium 4 Processor with HT (hyper-threading). It should cost about 60 bucks if you give them your celeron processor. Trust me if you do this and have a stable ping #, you'll be fine because you have geforce.