Things being disalowed.. EVERYONE read

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They stopped the sprint after shooting the stubby, but you can still pull the Frogger moves and hop out of the firing animation...

Atleast with the sprint method, you fall down when hit...

Sprinting after shooting was close to a cheat, a player than appears at random positions around you is impossible to hit. Meaning either 2 players spend 5 minutes appearing randomly hoping to pull off a good shot (if they both exploited) or one player gets taken out quickly and steers clear of robbers from then on, or tries to. It was a massive relief to fix this cheat.

Jump shooting is far less of an issue, simply because the players DONT warp around so they CAN be hit. As for not being knocked over when in the air thats fine, as with other games its pretty easy to time a shot at someone jumping as they cannot change direction mid-air.

The moly and grenade glitches need quite a bit of rewriting to eradicate, we hope to adress these in the next full release or two.

Sprinting after shooting was close to a cheat, a player than appears at random positions around you is impossible to hit. Meaning either 2 players spend 5 minutes appearing randomly hoping to pull off a good shot (if they both exploited) or one player gets taken out quickly and steers clear of robbers from then on, or tries to. It was a massive relief to fix this cheat.

i agree it would be nice if it was fixed... its not

I think that it dapends in the server if the server sias ok then ok but if not i don't think so but i don't think the creators of GTA ment it for you to mow ppl as said with the blade they did it to make it be more relistic so if you jump off a heli and the blade got you of course you die. And in real life no one would take a heli and but the blade on the flor to kill ppl just imagin a freaking helicopter killing ppl with its blade ! on the streets i think heli killing is ok if that is not the only way you kill because it is pritty cheap

i don't think the creators of GTA ment it for you to mow ppl as said with the blade

Then why do the blades kill people?

Because the blade kills are hard coded into vice city.

VCES, Lt.Dan, etc... WTF are they gonna do when they play GTA:SA, I mean the heli that the cops will use will actualy try to mow you down. what are they gonna do; tell them to stop because its noobish?!?!?

I don't remember Rockstar saying that...

lol me neither, i think this wont be in gtasa since gta is still a realistic game i mean wtf? y should cops try to heli balde you? :shock:

I don't know how prominent this will be in San Andreas, but PSYKO is correct as I read in a magazine that after a hands-on demo of GTA:SA that one of the mission cutscenes imcluded a cop getting sliced up by another cop's heli blades in an attempt to kill the player. Check out PSM magazine if you don't believe me.

I don't know how prominent this will be in San Andreas, but PSYKO is correct as I read in a magazine that after a hands-on demo of GTA:SA that one of the mission cutscenes imcluded a cop getting sliced up by another cop's heli blades in an attempt to kill the player. Check out PSM magazine if you don't believe me.

Yeah, but then again, in some games' cutscenes, you see characters doing karate kicks and stuff that you can't do as a player.

Yes but then again this was a cutscene of an early level in which a cop tried to heli kill the main character but instead killed another cop. I believe the point of this was to show off the new tactics that cops will use (such as holding on to your rear bumper as you attempt to drive away) during the actual game.

But be fair it will be easier to out wit the computer AI when its trying to mow you donw, cos you know its goign to happen,,, In a multi player game some nob slicing up 4-5-6 ppl who are having a fight its lame and thats why its dissaloud, you cant dogge a chopper you dotn know is there, when you are havign a good old fassioned rummble

Edited by Guest

you cant always here them , and they somethimes just flying past...

next tiem you fight 5 on 1 you try and be aware of more than the 5 ppl whth guns blazign at you..

Chopper killgin cant always be avoided and any one who says that is lying or a pauser, I will say it im prety good at avoidign cars and choppers, but there are times you cant, or you dotn knwo that are comign.. Which is when newbis get reams of kills takign goodplayers out with no skill... chopper killgin is an unfortunate overfall from the singleplayer game..

You can run over people with the cars, so why not with the helis? Plus, the cars will eventually have synced drivebys which the heli still will never have, so what better defense mechanism than the blades. I agree that excessive heli killing can be annoying, but it's a part of the game and should remain that way.

exactly dvs, peoples arguments against helis is that theyre lame and they cant be avoided one hundred percent of the time.

reminds me of stubbys, but noone ever complains about them. most people consider them overpowered and they can kill you in one hit and you cant dodge them in one shot, but when it comes to helis if there isnt a way to dodge them 100 percent of the time theyre lame and shouldnt be in the game.

anyone see faulty logic in the arguments against helis but me? :roll:

But be fair it will be easier to out wit the computer AI when its trying to mow you donw, cos you know its goign to happen,,, Im a multi player game some nob slicing up 4-5-6 ppl who are having a fight its lame and thats why its dissaloud, you cant dogge a chopper you dotn know is there, when you are havign a good old fassioned rummble

Jesus man, if you wanna have a good old fassioned rummble, go and play Wolfenstein, or CS. This is GTA VC, here we kill in choppers, run over by car, shot eachother, dicing eachother up with chainsaw, and hopefully soon driveby too.

And one more thing, you always see/hear the choppers REALLY WELL, if u can't think at two things at once, then go back to CS. People in chopper are well seen at map, cuz they move often fast/through buildings, and are about always arrow up. I always look at the map and screen at same time, and I'm ALWAYS aware of when a chopper comes, and where it is, and 95% of times how to dogde. It isn't exactly harder to get away from a chopper than from a guy standing next to you shooting you again and again with a shotgun/m60, so u never get chance to do something (that is unfair for sure). Dodging a chopper when the guy in the chopper really lags is much harder though, but that's about the same in all cases (always join a server which has a low ping to you).

Sorry if I'm saying something said 100 times before, I haven't read all posts yet.

im sorry i dissagree, chopper and car killign is an unfortunate over fall from the game....

I was in server today and there were ppl who couldnt gun fight to save there lives.. but had a huge score form chopper and car killing... which is stupid..

when you got 3 ppl on ya and ur tryign to kill them all , you tend not to look at ur map. and ppl that think its not lame are usualy the ppl who do it too much.. and i do agree stubbys are over powerd, it looses all fun when soem one runs at you and bam ur dead i like agood fight...

I mean be fair i can dodge a chopper shoot it down no prob same with a car, but its the repeted nature that gets me and the durign fights.

btw whats CS??

im sorry i dissagree, chopper and car killign is an unfortunate over fall from the game....

I was in server today and there were ppl who couldnt gun fight to save there lives.. but had a huge score form chopper and car killing... which is stupid..

when you got 3 ppl on ya and ur tryign to kill them all , you tend not to look at ur map. and ppl that think its not lame are usualy the ppl who do it too much.. and i do agree stubbys are over powerd, it looses all fun when soem one runs at you and bam ur dead i like agood fight...

I mean be fair i can dodge a chopper shoot it down no prob same with a car, but its the repeted nature that gets me and the durign fights.

btw whats CS??

CS is Counter-Strike, a single/multi player game where you get real guns, with other words a good old fashioned MP game. If you think car kill and heli kill is stupid, then why do you play GTA online? There are endless of good games where you get guns, health, and body armor where no cars and heli's exist? Why don't u play those. They got better multiplayer support aswell. Without cars and choppers, GTA is just like any other MP shooting game, just a bit worse MP support.

And btw, if there are 3 people against u, u can still look at the map, however, the cars and heli's got nothing to do with that. That's just bad teams.

no and no

I love MTA im a member of a good team, ... but when ur on 3 ppl you cant look at the map in detail..specialy if you on a route to win, and its one of the better mp games in my opinion, but what im gettign at is the repeted nature of heli killing,.

Its ok once or twice every one has done it, but it gets stupid and i dotn feel its a large part of the game .. the point in the game is to have good raging gun fights not have ppl mow up the map with heli blades.

it gets stupid and anoying.. thats why it was banned from leuge games because its a stupidly easy way to kill people, which takes the fun out of the game.. isnt it ment to be fun and a chalange.?????

cars aint so bad cos they can be avoided more easily like any gun. but choppers cant be.. i have seen many an ocasion where some of the best players in MTA have died due to a newbi in achopper slising them up during a good fight... they all could dodge shoot down and kill the pilot of the chopper but not when you dotn know its there, and dotn say you "can hear it" or "see it on map" cos its just not true.... you cant always..

also get a few things straight, stubbys are easier to avoid than choppers, a drive by uzi will do less dammage than a 100% blade kill or a car kill... also being aware of more than one thing at once is 5 ppl... so please try b4 you contradict

no and no

I love MTA im a member of a good team, ... but when ur on 3 ppl you cant look at the map in detail..specialy if you on a route to win, and its one of the better mp games in my opinion, but what im gettign at is the repeted nature of heli killing,.

Its ok once or twice every one has done it, but it gets stupid and i dotn feel its a large part of the game .. the point in the game is to have good raging gun fights not have ppl mow up the map with heli blades.

it gets stupid and anoying.. thats why it was banned from leuge games because its a stupidly easy way to kill people, which takes the fun out of the game.. isnt it ment to be fun and a chalange.?????

cars aint so bad cos they can be avoided more easily like any gun. but choppers cant be.. i have seen many an ocasion where some of the best players in MTA have died due to a newbi in achopper slising them up during a good fight... they all could dodge shoot down and kill the pilot of the chopper but not when you dotn know its there, and dotn say you "can hear it" or "see it on map" cos its just not true.... you cant always..

also get a few things straight, stubbys are easier to avoid than choppers, a drive by uzi will do less dammage than a 100% blade kill or a car kill... also being aware of more than one thing at once is 5 ppl... so please try b4 you contradict

you say that you love mta, then you start saying that helis and cars shouldnt be allowed to kill. you dont love mta, you love gunfights. you want some good gunfights? then i suggest u follow those links.

this is gta, no matter how hard you try there will always be people who get in helis and cars and mow you off the map.

maybe if you spent half as much time practicing against helis as you do bitching about them you wouldnt be wasting your time here

lol :lol:

oh dear....

I can take choppers down. im arguing the fact in general not just for me....

Thoes other games suck.. We all use cars to knock ppls health down , but ppl who take it further continuously are anoying..

I bet you are one who chopper kills to increase stats?? humm??

please try and see it from another point of view. not all people like it, and not all people do it...but some people go over the top with it..

yes there will always be ppl who mow you off the map, but its not the whole game which some ppl think it is, thats why there are guns in it, this is not carmageddon......remember that....

I hadnt noticed ur tag b4 ULK that kinda figres.