Things being disalowed.. EVERYONE read

this post is copied strait from our thread, i want everyone to see this

heli kills are very easy to dodge. il let anyone try and frag me with a heli, you wont suceed 9 times outa 10.

heli kills are disalowed on most servers, which is why when it happens during a match your clanmates dont have a clue how to defend against them.

when zircon and i fragged 5 of the 8 vces members during round 1 with helis they just stood there. they didnt try and run until we were right on them, and by that time it was to late. had they actually played against helis b4 they probably would have the timing down a little better then that... or at least i would hope so :roll:

most people dont allow "laggers" on thier servers. so when they come up against people like zircon in matches they dont have a clue what to do. they constantly complain about how he lags and that it isnt fair to use him. i fight zircon all the time, hes no different then any other player. you need to shoot a little further ahead of him and thats about it. i even fragged him for the hell of it at the end of the fku match, he got wasted. hes not that hard to kill.

you guys are creating your own weaknesses.

when you disalow something on your servers your hoping that they wont be used in matches. when they are used in matches you dont have a good plan against them because you dont know how to defend against them. and that is why i saw 3 vces members all cloistered together who all got helied at once. that was just sad heh

i dont have a problem with anything in the game but glitches.

spases (as overpowered as they may be), flamethrowers, etc are all part of the game.

and i think its about time people opened thier eyes and realized that. or else your going to have to keep trying to make rules to get rid of your weekneses

and guess what, its not the helikills that are lame.

its you guys disalowing them that is.

if you want strait up gunfights go play cs, this is mta and there are cars, there are helis, and there are all sorts of weapons to fight with. start realizing that people hot damn

lemme reiterate it one more time.

if you want strait up gunfights. there are 20 games more popular then this and stable to do that in.

if you want a game where you can frag in 500 different ways every day, then this is the game for you.

dont you people realize what your doing?

your taking out everything that makes vice so cool

you complain about car kills, heli kills, spas', flamethrowers, pretty much anything else that can kill you including molys and nades now :roll:

my question to u is this.

if car kills, heli kills, spas, flamethrowers etc were to be taken out what is it that makes mta different from unreal set in vice city?

i dont see anything

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thoughts... yet clan wars can have a rule to disallow certain things in clan wars too. But yea I see where you're coming from, its rather annoying to see things being prohibited. But then again it is very annoying when you get someone that for instance is a helicopter kill spammer. Spawns, gets the heli, kills, rinse, wash, and repeat.

Helikills are allowed on the FMJ server, and personally I'm glad about it.

I think that all these 'lame' ways of being killed (hellikills, carkills, spas, flamethrower, molotov and grenade glitching) are all valid because if you are careful, they won't affect you.

For example, people will find it very hard to carkill me because if I'm on foot, I regularly check behind me and I am pretty good at dodging.

However, that is in a true FFA. In gangwars I think that at least helikills should be disallowed - it's just too much to be checking for other players, cars AND helicopters. A helikill during a match is just too easy. Especially when attacking a base with people on the roof, which amazingly you don't have.

Personally, heli's are one of my strong points, for the main principle of my clan lol, anyhoot with that in mind, I do not kill people if they are having a 1on1 and it's appearant...more often than not I'll hover over and watch the fight, maybe grab some popcorn lol.

During gangwars, I feel it is a bit cheap to use them, however during normal DM, anything but glitches are valid to me. The thing is "heli kills" are lame...then "car kills" are lame...then "stubby kills" are lame...then "m60" kills are lame...then it goes on and on. The fact is if you die, you're probably the lesser skilled in some area. Work to be better or don't play the game lol.

its to much to be checking for helis dom? lol turn ur sound up honestly hot damn

helis are heard from a mile away, if ur smart u wont stand there and shoot (vces) or try and run from it on open ground (fmj)

what youl do is youl simply find a pole, and use it to manuever around

there are a million anti heli tactics. i suggest u learn them instead of trying to ban them :(

and yes we do have a pretty closed off base.

the funny thing about our base is i cant remember the last time we all stayed inside of it :lol:

its to much to be checking for helis dom? lol turn ur sound up honestly hot damn

helis are heard from a mile away, if ur smart u wont stand there and shoot (vces) or try and run from it on open ground (fmj)

what youl do is youl simply find a pole, and use it to manuever around

B - that's the problem - you can hear them all the time and by the time you realise how loud it is, you're dead. It's especially hard when there are 3 of them - you can't defend against 3.

To be honest, I'm sick of gangs doing the opposite to what you're saying (ie insiting on rules because they are good at something). With TmM it's the 3-round TDM, for ULK it's the helikills. I don't see the difference B.

You've stopped playing TmM because they insist on that format. What's the difference between that and you insiting on helikills?

When you play FMJ, we usually only insist on Spas not being used, everything else is negotiable. That's an MTA-wide agreement, I think you will admit.

Other gangs have used things because they were not explicitly disallowed. KFC, for example, abused glitches, which has forced us to make sure that we instist on minimal glitching when we play them.

Maybe we should insist on only 2 helikills per round with you?

I've got a lot more to say. but I have to go out now.

PS How about a nice game of chess B?

I totally agree with SexyB's post. I mean, if you have people using helis just to chop other people, get over it! Either learn how to dodge the heli, join a different server or play another game! It's that simple. Also, about the glitches in the game, I reckon they can be quite funny in some cases, but the thing that really annoys me the most is that you have newbies on MTA that come into a server, immediately think that you have to hit the body of a person to kill them. Then, when they run out of bullets, they whine and complain like "oh he cheats, i hit him 200 times with my shotty!". After your first 5min of playing MTA, you cannot possibly tell if somebody is cheating because of all of the bugs. I just wish the newbies would read the forums before accusing people of cheating just because they hit them 1000 times and they don't die. On lag issues, I don't know what to think because if someone with about 500 ping is playing, they could be slowing the server down, but kicking them out can sometimes be kind of harsh in my opinion so yeah.

Anyway thats just my whinge for the night. :)

everything is somewhat easy to dodge, yet hard to dodge.

helis: lets say a spawnwar is accuring at the robber spawn, occassionly a so called 'lamer' appears, and with a quick move, swoops across the place, killing a poopload of people. after some time, i saw that heli blades, even with the worst lag, cant come threw the stone fances that are all arround the place. too hard? use the fountain. its not that hard to hear, or even look at the radar for a triangle close by.

if its on open ground, just learn to dodge it by finding an object to hide behind, even a lightpole is enough.

spas: nothing to say here, just learn to move fast. the common spas user is a newbie that cant kill nothing normally(and will probably yell ''CHEAT OMG LOL!!11!!11111!!!'') and probably cant aim eather. just run arround him till hes out of bullets, and finish him off easy.

flamethrower: i find it hard to dodge, but its very easy to kill a flamethrower user from a distance, because the flame is making its user not to see squat. use that advantage.

cars: same as heli, just easyer.

molotov and granades: now cmon, everybody knows about that trick. same way they use it on you, use it on them.

straight up deathb, this is gta and if you dont like its features go play monopoly with yo granny

you guys find it hard to dodge helis? ok then, cya in gta3 0.4 coz then youll have to dodge dodos at 200+ speeds :lol:

mta is one of the fastest online games ive ever played, you cant just stand there and aim....move ppl, MOVE!

"helikill lame"

"carnoob"

"lame shot in the back"

"lamatovs"

"cheater!"

All these things I hear regularly in our server - I certainly don't like people who whine about being killed (I never do). They are all basically excuses for dying and not being aware of your surroundings.

But it's different in a match - as someone said - it should be about the players skill with guns.

I just hope 0.4 comes out soon so I can get another line in my sig:

[FMJ]DomSpy killed {ULK}SexyB. (Helicopter)

"helikill lame"

"carnoob"

"lame shot in the back"

"lamatovs"

"cheater!"

All these things I hear regularly in our server - I certainly don't like people who whine about being killed (I never do). They are all basically excuses for dying and not being aware of your surroundings.

But it's different in a match - as someone said - it should be about the players skill with guns.

I just hope 0.4 comes out soon so I can get another line in my sig:

[FMJ]DomSpy killed {ULK}SexyB. (Helicopter)

no in a match it should be about somebodys skill in vice period.

it shouldnt be about someones skill with guns. you can determine that in 2034934 other games out there. in vice theres 5000000 different ways to kill people, and as long as it doesnt exploit glitches or cheating im going to use each and every one of them to kill you.

believe that

Cheaters,

in the current versions, they are hard to spot due to the excrutiating lag. But using ways other than plain stand-shooting(like other online shooters), I find creative. I myself like to use a heli as a mower to mow the "lawn"(especialy with the VCN heli for those dodgy bastard), being a terrorist and "serve" cocktails either from inside or atop a building, driving drunk and creating "hit-and-runs", raiding the bank, renactement of terminator and bust up the police station, etc. if yuo have a creative mind like mine, anything is possible in the world of MTA.

I've been saying that the whole time!

Didnt you see my flaming post in the ulk forums Death?!

lol your post was about nothing but spawnwars

spawnwars are another issue in itself, this post didnt mention anything about spawnwars

W0rd on Db's 1st post; my thoughts exactly.

Also,

[...]il let anyone try and frag me with a heli, you wont suceed 9 times outa 10.[...]

I'll take ya up on that when I get my DSL back, count on it.

BTW, no need to hide behind anything when a copter's after you. Better to be fast than yellow :P.

To me, everything is fine apart from cheating. I do get annoyed when I die from mollies or Heli's for the umteenth time, if its an accident I take no notice. The way I see it is that Mollies and Nades are the only way to soften up Stubby tactics when you fire, run, fire, run... that tactic is hellish with the lag i have. :roll:

Lol, sexyB u can dodge 9 out of 10 heli frags?

I'd like to see that for 1 of the 2 following reasons:

1) To prove your full of it.

2) To prove the guy in the heli is a noob.

you probably havnt read the thread eh? i will shorten it for you because im lazy to give you the whole speech:

helis are part of the game.

evrything in gta is part of the game.

cheats and hacks are not a part of the game.

if you cant dodge a heli YOU are the noob, because YOU dont have enough skill to dodge it, not because the guy in the chopper has less skill.

there are many ways to dodge a heli, even if you are in open ground.

have i missed anything?

Black Dragon I wasn't saying I was having trouble with dodging helis.

Nor was I complaining about helis.

I think you jumped to conclusions about what I said pretty quickly.

Simply put, helis are hard to doge if someone who knows what they are doing is in them, I know this because I know what I'm doing, and I can heli-blade most people pretty easily, most are n00bs, but skilled players too.

Edited by Guest
VCES, Lt.Dan, etc... WTF are they gonna do when they play GTA:SA, I mean the heli that the cops will use will actualy try to mow you down. what are they gonna do; tell them to stop because its noobish?!?!?

I don't remember Rockstar saying that...

VCES, Lt.Dan, etc... WTF are they gonna do when they play GTA:SA, I mean the heli that the cops will use will actualy try to mow you down. what are they gonna do; tell them to stop because its noobish?!?!?

I don't remember Rockstar saying that...

lol me neither, i think this wont be in gtasa since gta is still a realistic game i mean wtf? y should cops try to heli balde you? :shock: