Multi-Mafia

Gordy

I didn't know exactly where to put this topic, so please don't delete or lock, just please move.

But I was wondering if the coding is almost the same as Mafia, because it would be real rad if you could make a multiplayer Mafia game. Is there any chance you would ever consider/in the future consider, or ANYONE in general consider creating a Mafia multiplayer mod?

For anyone who hasn't played Mafia yet, it was release in 2003, so it's still fairly new, purchase it at Wal-Mart for $10.

That'd be nice. I can't ever see it happening though, for lots of reasons:

1. It may not be technically possible (GTA is fairly easy to hack)

2. The team are doing this because they love GTA. Considering the fact that Mafia has only ever been discussed once on these forums, I doubt that many people are fans. If they don't truly believe in what they're doing, it will turn out crap.

3. It would not be possible to run Mafia on the same core as GTA, so a new core would have to be constructed, and the team are already occupied with GTA3 and Vice City, and it looks as if San Anreas won't have multiplayer either.

2. The team are doing this because they love GTA. Considering the fact that Mafia has only ever been discussed once on these forums, I doubt that many people are fans. If they don't truly believe in what they're doing, it will turn out crap.

I AM A FAN!

MAFIA WAS AWSOME!

honestly, i think mafia is a considerably better game than gta3/vc the controls, especially on foot are much more refined, in general the much feels more polished and doesn’t feel as stiff as the gta games. By no means do i dislike GTA, but if i had to choose between a gta and a mafia multiplayer game, id take mafia in a second. Anyone who hasn’t played it really owes it to themselves to shell out the 10 bucks, especially if u tend to like games that are more on the realistic side. you wont be disappointed.

I do know it would be unreasonable to expect the mta team to make a mafia mod, i just want people to know mafia isn’t without its fans.

I do know it would be unreasonable to expect the mta team to make a mafia mod, i just want people to know mafia isn’t without its fans.

I didn't think that many people on these forums were because the topic concerning Mafia (I think it was originally about Driver 3) didn't really go anywhere.

Hmmmm...

Mrantichrist, do you know if there is a Mafia 2 in the works?

im am also fan of mafia. And i thought there was a next release coming. In the meantime they ported mafia to xbox and ps2 they started with 'mafia 2'.

But there isn't much information about that.

i never really thought anything to mafia i thought it was too well lets say "missony" it wouldntreally give u the chance to roam round the city by yourself and unlock any/every car coz u had to unlock these skills in single player...

I remember looking for Mafia multiplayer on the net several months back (inspired by MTA), and I found out that an official multiplayer patch was planned, but from the description it sounded... how can I put this? ... "True Crime-esque" - i.e. rushed and with little thought. So who knows, maybe they're still working on it.

yeah, and above all, this is a GTA-mod, and it doesn't have anything to do with the mafia-game. But I've seen suggestions like this before on several mafia-forums, why don't you ask people there, if there's enough interest I'm sure you will be able to find someone to do it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I always wane a Max pain online but they have full work on mta and gta games so dont think they can do , they can but hard couse they alredy got much work too do... PS i hate max pain have maked to last level and finish it, but it was boring if it was online then it whould of been cool..

mta devlopers keep up the good work... Max Pain 2 if i am corectly thats the version i mean...