dxGetTextWidth, help please

Vinspire

Hello, I'm stuck at some place I really don't know what to do at this point. It's a clanwar script for race.

I drawed a rectangle that the points&name for the enemyteam and hometeam should be placed in, and I need to use dxGetTextWidth incase the names are too long to fit to the rectangle.

/tsn 1 = team set new name for the hometeam.

When I do /tsn 1 awdawdawdawdawd for example, then the name goes outside the rectangle. So the rectangle length should be = dxGetTextWidth, I hope you get it.

local maiFont = "default-bold" 
local myText = "" 
local scale = sW/800 
local width, height = dxGetTextWidth(myText, scale, maiFont)+10, dxGetFontHeight(scale, maiFont)+4 

function drawText() 
dxDrawRectangle(sW-90,(sH/2)-50,70,40, tocolor(0,0,0,110)) 
dxDrawText ( hexColorHome..homeName.."("..homeAlivePlayers.."):".."#ffffff "..displayHome, sW-80, (sH/2.26), screenWidth, screenHeight, tocolor ( 255, 102, 1, 255 ),  
            1, "default-bold", nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, true) 
dxDrawText ( hexColorVisit..visitName.."("..visitAlivePlayers.."):".."#ffffff "..displayVisit, sW-80, (sH/2.17), screenWidth, screenHeight, tocolor ( 255, 0, 0, 255 ),  
            1, "default-bold", nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, true ) 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientRender",root,drawText) 

I have no idea what should stand in the myText, obviously 'drawText' if it could..

Thanks!

Okay, I see you are zero in scripting..

function drawText() 
    dxDrawText ( hexColorHome..homeName.."("..homeAlivePlayers.."):".."#ffffff "..displayHome, sW-80, (sH/2.26), sW, sH, tocolor(255, 102, 1, 255), 1, "default-bold", 'right', 'center', false, false, false, true, true, 0, 0, 0) 
    dxDrawText ( hexColorVisit..visitName.."("..visitAlivePlayers.."):".."#ffffff "..displayVisit, sW-80, (sH/2.17), sW, sH, tocolor(255, 0, 0, 255), 1, "default-bold", 'right', 'center', false, false, false, true, true, 0, 0, 0) 
end 

addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawText) 

Okay, I see you are zero in scripting..

function drawText() 
    dxDrawText ( hexColorHome..homeName.."("..homeAlivePlayers.."):".."#ffffff "..displayHome, sW-80, (sH/2.26), sW, sH, tocolor(255, 102, 1, 255), 1, "default-bold", 'right', 'center', false, false, false, true, true, 0, 0, 0) 
    dxDrawText ( hexColorVisit..visitName.."("..visitAlivePlayers.."):".."#ffffff "..displayVisit, sW-80, (sH/2.17), sW, sH, tocolor(255, 0, 0, 255), 1, "default-bold", 'right', 'center', false, false, false, true, true, 0, 0, 0) 
end 

addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawText) 

That works, but that's not the point, 1 problem solved.

The real thing is to make the drawed rectangle in the drawtext function FOLLOW the homeName and visitName as you can see.

so when the homeName = awd) then the rectangle should fit the homeName.

when homeName = wadesrthfytgrfedwsaesfrgth) then the rectangle should fit the homeName.

dxGetTextWidth, the rectangle's lenght should be dxGetTextWidth thing, (I THINK THAT'S THE SOLUTION, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT LIKE THAT)

^, that's my problem.

Thanks

Regards,

chris