Advanced Vehicle Mechanics Emulation System

Topo1st

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds much better now, but there's still some work needed with the tachometer. Even at full RPM it sounds/seems like the car is still accelerating a fair bit.

Do you think you could emulate the way torque works? For example, most cars will have their peak torque at around 4 000 - 6 000 RPM, after that the torque will begin to drop - accelerating much slower.

Other than that it looks really promising, and will add a whole new level of immersion to MTA. Great job! :salute:

Sounds much better now, but there's still some work needed with the tachometer. Even at full RPM it sounds/seems like the car is still accelerating a fair bit.

The tachometer is fine :wink: The engine was revving at 9000rpm but I made the needle stop moving when the tacho reaches max. So, in this case it would stop at 8k :)

It was annoying when the needle kept raising over the tachometer scale 'if you know what I mean' :lol:

The tachometer is fine :wink: The engine was revving at 9000rpm but I made the needle stop moving when the tacho reaches max. So, in this case it would stop at 8k :)

It was annoying when the needle kept raising over the tachometer scale 'if you know what I mean' :lol:

If you look at around 0:29 on your video, the car keeps accelerating when it's at 8k, that's shouldn't really be happening :P What about adding a rev-limiter?

If you look at around 0:29 on your video, the car keeps accelerating when it's at 8k, that's shouldn't really be happening :P What about adding a rev-limiter?

The rev limiter, in this case, was at 9k. The tachometer wouldn't show more than 8k, so it shows 8k even though the engine was revving at 9k.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Awesome !

I suggest you to use car what includes improved vehicle features, then you can also make movable steering wheel, i did.

Do you used joystick ?

Wheels turning so smooth :)

The Ferrari in the video is actually adapted to ImVehFt (I guess you already noticed that from the dashboard gauges :D). I've been messing with the steering wheel for a while but you know... somehow it's not very cooperative. I can only make it turn counter-clockwise (left) without problems :?

I actually used my DualShock 3 in the video (which really helps keeping a monster like that Ferrari under control :lol:)

I did like this:

--# Left 
bindKey("A", "down", 
    function() 
        setVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "Wheel", rx+1, ry, rz) 
    end) 
bindKey("A", "up", 
    function() 
        setVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "Wheel", rx-1, ry, rz)    
        --OR         
        resetVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "Wheel") 
    end) 
--# Right    
bindKey("D", "down", 
    function() 
        -- 
    end) 
bindKey("D", "up", 
    function() 
        -- 
    end) 

etc..

Fast example, there is probably easyer way

The values rx,ry,rz is too probably wrong, i know :)

This way steering wheel doesn't turn smooth

Don't work, for this, we need the handling functions, for client side.