Advanced Vehicle Mechanics Emulation System

Topo1st

Awesome !

I suggest you to use car what includes improved vehicle features, then you can also make movable steering wheel, i did.

Do you used joystick ?

Wheels turning so smooth :)

The Ferrari in the video is actually adapted to ImVehFt (I guess you already noticed that from the dashboard gauges :D). I've been messing with the steering wheel for a while but you know... somehow it's not very cooperative. I can only make it turn counter-clockwise (left) without problems :?

I actually used my DualShock 3 in the video (which really helps keeping a monster like that Ferrari under control :lol:)

Awesome !

I suggest you to use car what includes improved vehicle features, then you can also make movable steering wheel, i did.

Do you used joystick ?

Wheels turning so smooth :)

The Ferrari in the video is actually adapted to ImVehFt (I guess you already noticed that from the dashboard gauges :D). I've been messing with the steering wheel for a while but you know... somehow it's not very cooperative. I can only make it turn counter-clockwise (left) without problems :?

I actually used my DualShock 3 in the video (which really helps keeping a monster like that Ferrari under control :lol:)

I did like this:

--# Left 
bindKey("A", "down", 
    function() 
        setVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "Wheel", rx+1, ry, rz) 
    end) 
bindKey("A", "up", 
    function() 
        setVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "Wheel", rx-1, ry, rz)    
        --OR         
        resetVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "Wheel") 
    end) 
--# Right    
bindKey("D", "down", 
    function() 
        -- 
    end) 
bindKey("D", "up", 
    function() 
        -- 
    end) 

etc..

Fast example, there is probably easyer way

The values rx,ry,rz is too probably wrong, i know :)

This way steering wheel doesn't turn smooth

If you reduce the sounds by a 50% or 75% it might be better. Or let us change the sound volume

But is quite nice, wasn't in the config setup something to check if car has turbo? (not nitro, a turbocharger)

If so, can you and that cool *pop pop* and the fire?

• 4 weeks later...

Some really impressive work so far, this sure has huge potential. I'd however say that the sound effects are rather bad - it's too loud and doesn't really sound realistic nor good. It kind of reminds me of Test Drive Unlimited, which make engine sound fanatics like me wanna cry ourselves to sleep.

But other than that, great work! Can't wait to see some more progress!

Some really impressive work so far, this sure has huge potential. I'd however say that the sound effects are rather bad - it's too loud and doesn't really sound realistic nor good. It kind of reminds me of Test Drive Unlimited, which make engine sound fanatics like me wanna cry ourselves to sleep.

I'm using the sounds I've extracted from NFS:Shift. It's clear that EA made them way too loud and overdriven. Let me know if you know a good source of sounds. (I'm a crazy engine sound fanatic too!)

I'm using the sounds I've extracted from NFS:Shift. It's clear that EA made them way too loud and overdriven. Let me know if you know a good source of sounds. (I'm a crazy engine sound fanatic too!)

TDU maybe, or ripping em from Gran Turismo

Well, I'd say Forza, but those are Xbox exclusive, so might be a bit difficult to get a hand on those. Not sure what your process is like to get the sound effects working with your resource. :)

It's a funny thing that I extracted all the car sounds from Forza 4, just a few days ago :P It's just sad that there were no "onload" sounds at all, so they can't quite be used :(

Another thing with Forza sounds is that I would need to mix exhaust/engine bay sounds to make them quite work.

TDU maybe, or ripping em from Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo 6 has some fantastic quality sounds (Though people say they are horrible, listen to the Volkswagen 1200 for example. Just beautiful flat-four engine sounds.), but GT is totally protected. There is no way I could get my hands on those.

TDU has horrible sound effects :/

Totally agree :D