Possible problem with Speed mode

Well, seeing as the buses in GTA3 are horribly slow, couldn't the other person simply scoot ahead of the bus, and block it? Boom, they loose.

Would you speed the buses up? Or limit the vehicles that the other person could use?

Speed mode would be horrible to play if all you have to do is have someone just block the bus and you win.

Oh yeah, would Speed mode include multiple buses, or would it just be 1v1, or multiple people trying to stop the bus, or multiple buses and multiple people trying to stop the buses?

What about people on foot with a rocket launcher? Would the bus(es) be bullet/rocket/fire proof? Would the other team even be able to get out of their cars?

I'm just throwing possible faults into the air, that you may or may not already be aware of.

It is easy, just scoot ahead, hand brake, stop in front, he'll slam into the side and slow down, if you have your handbrake on the whole time, even moreso.

All you need to do is slow it down some, so the bus would most definately blow up. Even if it didn't work with a reguler car, what about the Linerunner? Another bus? The tank? Flatbed/BarrackOL? Trashmachine?

Those are all big cars that a bus simply cannot push around like nothing. Maybe you could just disable those cars in Speed mode.

tanks are going to be disabled first of all =)

The bus is going to be weighted, like in the bullion run mission. Turning will suck, but anything in the bus's way is not going to be there for long

Any normal car is fodder compared to a bus anyway.

unless the bus has the solid granite cheat on it, it doesn't seem very challenging (especially with ped cars everywhere), i agree. but given the size of the city, wouldn't finding and getting to the bus be the real challenge?

Anyone who has downloaded the admin code knows that you can set the weight of the cars heavier or lighter, in this case heavier like the last post or 3 ago said the bus will be weighted. If you set the bus to be like 50 tons it's not going to have a problem plowing through cars and the team stopping it will have to use a little more strategy.I think that if the weight is set just heavy enoguh to push 1 or 2 cars out of the way it will be too easy to stop, you should set it to blast cars like 30 feet back so they are forced to take other measures such as flat beds and the semi trucks to stop it or force it into a corner...

all this will be worked on when the tweaking comes into play. Game balancing and tweaking will be a huge part of mta... so no point really figuring out how heavy the bus needs to be and things like that until after its released and tested etc =)

I guess it's time to post some details about the mode. There is one bus which is bullet/flame/collision/fireproof. There are two teams, The team with the bus has Three players: one designated busdriver, the other two both get unlimited rcbandits. The bus starts to move over 50 Mph, and the bomb activates. The other team are the cops, and they only have policecars to drive in. The cops have the ability to make roadblocks of enforcers at certain points. The rcbandits ofcourse blow up the attacking policecars, but will also have the ability of disarming the bomb by driving under the bus for some time (a status bar will indicate how long) If the bus manages to drive over 50 Mph for about 3-4 minutes, or the bomb gets defused within that time, the busdriving team wins the round. Some details about the playability: The bus can do most corners between 50 and 65 Mph. One copcar will not be able to stop the bus, thus planning and teamwork is needed (or just simple stupidity of the busdriver =P) And don't be worried about this gametype being boring, you will have a choice to play other gametypes (possibly simultaneously)

Edited by Guest

now it makes sense. wow, i didn't think the game modes could be made so complicated. i imagine that would take some major coding feats, and be buggy as hell, cause the more rules there are, the more problems can arise.

I can't imagine any gta3 players sticking to some rule book. that's not what gta is about. make your own rules, win at all costs, take any advantage possible, and if you get bored or frustrated, just stop playing and go kill some peds