Should I...

Gordy

Should I run MTA3 0.3 with Multi Theft Auto Client, or the one that came with MTA 0.3?

If I run it with the one that came with MTA 0.3, it always resets the IP address and then brings me to Liberty City, but runs credits forever, and ever, and ever. It sucks! :x

Will this problem be fixed by running it through the MTA Client? I would love to play MTA3, but it's hard (not enough servers), but I just want to play!!!!

Thanks.

No, I am talking about the Mutli Theft Client that you use to connect to Vice City, or if the client that came with the MTA (Grand Theft Auto 3) one. The MTA3 one has a little option the has 3 on each side (top says left side: SP GTA the right says: MP GTA, or something along those lines). I click on it, and then it brings me to credits that just scroll, scroll, scroll. I have it cracked, but I own the game. I always crack so I don't have to carry my C.D.'s and junk to LAN partys.

If you had searched about this im sure you woud have found this answer somehwer , anyways :

How to get playing in GTA3MTA

First please make sure you have updated GTA3 to version 1.1, and have a clean install (No mods or addons, extra cars etc)

1] run launcher.exe (start/programs/MTA/ GTA Launcher)

2] In the launcher select the option 'GTA3 MTA'

3] In GTA3 hit 'start game, start multitheft auto'.

4] wait for game to load. When you see the credits rolling ALT-TAB and you will see an mta window is running

5] Delete the default ip shown, replace it with an ip from #mta-servers.

6] Type in your game name. (it is recommended you leave connection speed at 14k)

7] Hit 'Connect To Server'. When you get the 'ping recieved' message you are connected

(note: sometimes it is recommended to wait 60 seconds or so to let the connection 'settle' before commencing play, especially with a dialup connection, if the orange 'led' stops flashing simply disconnect/connect)

8] Select 'Send Game Request.

9] ALT-TAB back to gta3 and play :)

TIPS:

Do NOT carjack another player. This will desync you both and you may end up having to restart.

If the game gets exceptionally buggy or laggy then disconnect/reconnect to the server. You may also have to start gta3(MTA) again to prevent 'ghosts' (players who show on map but are actually no longer connected to the server)

Remember to ALT-TAB to mta and use /in to talk to the people on the server.. /in Who wants to race? MEET at mafia house ..For example.

02/07/03 MrBump

At #5 if you already have the ip from a serrver just type that in .

• 2 weeks later...
the new version maybe out within a week as it is at 90% so i would wait for the next version (mta 0.4 supporting both gta3 and vc) as it will be bug free (more or less) and there will be more people playing!

Not necessarily a week, Stanton. Don't forget that they've already been set back a few days by the attacks, plus it could take a long time to fix the final bug(s).