mta on ps2?

Guest gr8warrior

now that there is hd loader for ps2.

(hd loader is software to rip a ps2 game onto a hard drive then play from the hdd instead of the disc.)

with the hd loader on the ps2 can u now install mta to it somehow. like rip the game with the ps2 then install mta with the pc. then put th4e hdd back into the ps2 and play?

i currently dont have gta for my pc so i havent been able to play mta. but now that i have a new pc i will soon go out and buy the game i have enjoyed playin offline on my ps2.

wasnt there a some sort of a ps2 pad for pc?

Yeah, but it wouldn't work as well as the proper PS2 controller because GTA for PC wasn't designed for it. Also, whilst GTA SP might be ok, MTA will most likely have problems with it.

Black_Chinese_Serpent wrote:

Yeah, but it wouldn't work as well as the proper PS2 controller because GTA for PC wasn't designed for it. Also, whilst GTA SP might be ok, MTA will most likely have problems with it.

controller adapter for the pc, i have one, and use it for mta, only while driving mid you, it works perfectly there is no difference between it and when playing on the ps2, in the future don’t comment on what u don’t know about, It annoys me and im sure it annoys other people.

controller adapter for the pc, i have one, and use it for mta, only while driving mid you, it works perfectly there is no difference between it and when playing on the ps2, in the future don’t comment on what u don’t know about, It annoys me and im sure it annoys other people.

1. How come you only use it for driving?

2. It wouldn't work as well meant stuff like the rumble pack, etc. Obviously you can control it to an extent due to the fact that GTA was designed for joysticks / gamepads.

3. When I said it might not be compatible with MTA, I meant MTA's key bindings.

4. **EDITED**

no, it's not compat with MTA normally, joy2key fixes that right up tho hehe button 12 on joystick one won't work, but binding 12 to the , i dunno, f11 key will.

And it's not that it doesn't work well...it's just not at all meant for MTA...auto aim obviously won't work well on laggers, and normal aim on the controller is simply too slow/clumsy.

• 2 weeks later...

Other than the fact that the graphics, networking, and hooking code(basicly all the code that makes MTA work) would have to be rewritten in order to work on the consoles hardware, you would need to modify the existing hardware in order to run MTA. Actually, an entire different approach to making MTA would have to be used. You would also have to create burn a DVD each time you want to test some new code. That can be quiet expensive.

And with the PS3 in development, by the time anything substantial has been done, most likely the PS2 will be no longer in production (and all that work was therefore a waste of time).

That's what's great about PC gaming - backwards compatibility.

this reminds me of a thread in another forum w/ a dumbass trying to defend consoles

First we will discuss the poor argue cheesy mutant put up. You can customize the controller just as much as a keyboard, only the controller is easier to handle and is easier to control. The mouse is way to jumpy especially when the adrenaline is flowing after killing so much, but i suppose you wouldnt know that because you suck. Now as for pong over halo, Pong was good for a long time and does deserve respect but halo out does it by far too many measures. As for you Rob, it is true the pc can run emulators of consoles but that is illegal and one day i hope you get caught and burn in hades you law breaking, unbiblical person. I definately agree with you on the fact that halo pc sucked horribly, it never should have left its home on the xbox, but that is between it and bungie. Pc does have a bigger library of games, and many of the same games, but if you dont have a good computer most of those are useless, just as the keyboard/mouse is for fps. This is my final statement, Halo 2 will own any computer game ever made. Good Day all.

LOL! that always makes me laugh.

anyways, it takes alot of time and work to make any type of mod (is it even possible) for the ps2. i doubt there will b mta for ps2 (for atleast a few years..) just my thought

LOL, Rob how stupid is that guy. Emulation isn't illegal under a certain ammount of reasons. 1) You own the console and 2) You own the games. If you're emulating stuff you own, it is not illegal, lol. He should go to some emulation sites/forums such as emutalk or ngemu ;)