spectator mode

i suggest that if you guys do include this option that you make an option to enable/disable it

during gangwars it would be annoying to have a [***] who died telling every single player on the maps positions etc.

just a thought that would make it alot better :)

I'd like to see this used a lot during gangwars, as people who do spectate (when allowed) just tend to get in the way. As for DeathB's point, guess the honour system would have to do, same with not spawning after death, unless spectator chat were disabled.

anyone can use teamspeak so just making it so they cant chat isnt the best solution.

when it comes to gangwars you can ask half the gangleaders out there. most are not very trusting at all, as this "honor system" has been long forgoten and some people do absolutely everything short of cheating to win a match

what im saying is that im hoping you can disable it so that people for one team who die do not start up spectator mode and start feeding people information about thier enemy team (positions etc)

this may not sound like an issue... but it could very easily be

Edited by Guest

Just ask dead people to leave the server, that's what used to happen in matches anyway to prevent the possibility of them rejoining or flooding the chatbox and distracting the still living.

This also makes it obvious at a glance who is still alive on the opposing team.

Just ask dead people to leave the server, that's what used to happen in matches anyway to prevent the possibility of them rejoining or flooding the chatbox and distracting the still living.

This also makes it obvious at a glance who is still alive on the opposing team.

that actually sounds like a great idea ;)

/me is going to take you up on that

And that will also make it easier to find the ppl who are alive.

When the dead sit in the client or start screen it leaves many dead blips on the screen. It's sort of camoflauge but I would also prefer having the dead ppl leave.

This will be better if an echo for the server was setup in IRC thou so ppl can follow the action. If they are not in TS they have to pop back in to see if it's over.

I agree that spec mode will be abused like gary said "some people" have no honor :lol:

I would assume that ppl are looking I guess and adjust accordingly if it can't be disabled