Cancel resource's outputChatBox

GTX

Hello.

I want to cancel resource's outputChatBox. I tried with onChatMessage but I can't use cancelEvent there. If I try onClientChatMessage, I can't get the resource.

Any other idea? Because I want to cancel outputChatBox from another resource/map. There are like 1000 maps and I can't override outputChatBox 1000 times...

Thanks in advance.

function preventSpam(text) 
    if string.match(text,"text") then 
        cancelEvent() -- don't output it 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientChatMessage", getRootElement(), preventSpam) 

The solution is onClientChatMessage, just make sure that you add this code in a resource that starts before the resources who's chat box you want to block, otherwise it has no effect. That can be reorganize the resources in server config since they will start in the order they are listed in. Also remember to set "text" to a part of the text output you want to block.

function preventSpam(text) 
    if string.match(text,"text") then 
        cancelEvent() -- don't output it 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientChatMessage", getRootElement(), preventSpam) 

The solution is onClientChatMessage, just make sure that you add this code in a resource that starts before the resources who's chat box you want to block, otherwise it has no effect. That can be reorganize the resources in server config since they will start in the order they are listed in. Also remember to set "text" to a part of the text output you want to block.

I wanted to get resource, not text.

I don't know any other way than overriding.

You could create a small script that does this and use some tool to copy it into every resource + some function that goes through all resources and adds it to meta.

I was thinking about that too. Thanks, I will try it.

I'm sure you know what kind of text you want to block, otherwise just change line 2 to check for resources instead with these functions:

resource getResourceFromName ( string resourceName ) 
string getResourceName ( resource res ) 

The important thing is that onClientChatMessage is added before the resources you want to disable chat outputs for.