Player alias

hazard

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to make a command like !alias or !pma that would show all the nicks a player has used in a server.

For example i came in server with a nick "Player" then i left and came back with another nick "Goatguy", i could see both nicks the player has used with the command !alias

If it is possible and not too hard to make, could anyone post it?

I have no idea how to make it and i couldnt find any info.

1. Search and use the "VUVUZELE"/"VUVUZELA" script. It have in-built alias/pma.

2. I wrote smthing for you

function whenPlayerJoinTheServer() 
    local playerNick = removeHexColorCode(getPlayerName(source)) 
    local playerSerial = getPlayerSerial(source) 
    local searchForAPlayer = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `nicks` FROM `aliases` WHERE `serial`=?", playerSerial) -- trying to select a player from the db 
    if #searchForAPlayer == 0 then -- if we havent found our player then 
        executeSQLQuery("INSERT INTO `aliases`(serial, nicks) VALUES (?, ?)", playerSerial, playerNick) -- insert his record to the table 
    else -- we found our player 
        local actualNicks = searchForAPlayer[1].nicks -- get the 'nicks' data from record 
        if string.find(actualNicks, playerNick) then -- if he have SAME NICK as in the database 
            -- do nothing, why we should double player nicks in db? 
        else -- he dont have this nick in DB 
            local addNewNick = actualNicks .. ", " .. playerNick -- expand variable by adding nick player have now 
            executeSQLQuery("UPDATE `aliases` SET `nicks`=? WHERE `serial`=?", addNewNick, playerSerial) -- executing sql query which updates `texts` value with extanded variable containing new nick 
        end -- ending  
    end-- ending 
end-- ending 
addEventHandler ("onPlayerJoin", getRootElement(), whenPlayerJoinTheServer) -- adding event handler, you should know why you need to do it, if not then click "addeventhandler" and you'll get an wiki article. 
function getPlayerFromNamePart(name) 
    local name = name and name:gsub("#%x%x%x%x%x%x", ""):lower() or nil 
    if name then 
        for _, player in ipairs(getElementsByType("player")) do 
            local name_ = getPlayerName(player):gsub("#%x%x%x%x%x%x", ""):lower() 
            if name_:find(name, 1, true) then 
                return player 
            end 
        end 
    end 
end 
function checkAllNicksOfPlayer(who, cmd, playah) 
    local targetPlayer = getPlayerFromNamePart(playah) -- searching player from name part so we dont need to write all the name 
    local targetSerial = getPlayerSerial(targetPlayer) -- getting serial to check the db 
    local searchForANicks = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `nicks` from `aliases` WHERE `serial`=?", targetSerial) -- checking 
    if #searchForANicks == 1 then -- we found player 
        outputChatBox("#FFD330History of nicks for "..getPlayerName(targetPlayer)..":#FAFAFA "..searchForANicks[1].nicks, who, 0, 0, 0, true) -- show message to command executor with player nicks history 
    end 
end 
addCommandHandler("pma", checkAllNicksOfPlayer) -- adding command 

function createTables() 
    local a = executeSQLQuery("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `aliases` (`serial` TEXT, `nicks` TEXT)") -- adding sqlite table with serial (to identificate player) and all nicks 
    if a then outputDebugString("Created table for players aliases") end -- show a msg in console to be sure it all works 
end 
addEventHandler("onResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(), createTables) -- adding event handler, you should know why you need to do it, if not then click "addeventhandler" and you'll get an wiki article. 

function removeHexColorCode(s) 
    return s:gsub( '#%x%x%x%x%x%x', '' ) or s 
end 

My english is bad so if you dont understand comments just tell me. And you need also to make a saving when player CHANGE nick while being on the server. Have fun :)

Line 32 in his code returned nil. I think it's because of typo.

local searchForANicks = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `nicks` from `aliases` WHERE `serial`=?", targetSerial) -- checking 
--> 
local searchForANicks = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `nicks` FROM `aliases` WHERE `serial`=?", targetSerial) -- checking 

Dat's because you put wrong nick... :)

Look at this

local targetPlayer = getPlayerFromNamePart(playah) -- searching player from name part so we dont need to write all the name 
    local targetSerial = getPlayerSerial(targetPlayer) -- getting serial to check the db 

And think. Change all the function for this:

if not targetPlayer then 
        outputChatBox("this player does not exist", who) 
    else 
        outputChatBox("#FFD330History of nicks for "..getPlayerName(targetPlayer)..":#FAFAFA "..searchForANicks[1].nicks, who, 0, 0, 0, true) -- show message to command executor with player nicks history 
    end 
    end 
end 

Then try.

Line 32 in his code returned nil. I think it's because of typo.
--> 
local searchForANicks = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `nicks` FROM `aliases` WHERE `serial`=?", targetSerial) -- checking 

Nahh men. Both forms are ok.

Yes that worked, no errors now.

The only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't show the old nicks in chatbox.

function whenPlayerJoinTheServer() 
    local playerNick = removeHexColorCode(getPlayerName(source)) 
    local playerSerial = getPlayerSerial(source) 
    local searchForAPlayer = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `nicks` FROM `aliases` WHERE `serial`=?", playerSerial) -- trying to select a player from the db 
    if #searchForAPlayer == 0 then -- if we havent found our player then 
        executeSQLQuery("INSERT INTO `aliases`(serial, nicks) VALUES (?, ?)", playerSerial, playerNick) -- insert his record to the table 
    else -- we found our player 
        local actualNicks = searchForAPlayer[1].nicks -- get the 'nicks' data from record 
        if string.find(actualNicks, playerNick) then -- if he have SAME NICK as in the database 
            -- do nothing, why we should double player nicks in db? 
        else -- he dont have this nick in DB 
            local addNewNick = actualNicks .. ", " .. playerNick -- expand variable by adding nick player have now 
            executeSQLQuery("UPDATE `aliases` SET `nicks`=? WHERE `serial`=?", addNewNick, playerSerial) -- executing sql query which updates `texts` value with extanded variable containing new nick 
        end -- ending 
    end-- ending 
end-- ending 
addEventHandler ("onPlayerJoin", getRootElement(), whenPlayerJoinTheServer) -- adding event handler, you should know why you need to do it, if not then click "addeventhandler" and you'll get an wiki article. 
function getPlayerFromNamePart(name) 
    local name = name and name:gsub("#%x%x%x%x%x%x", ""):lower() or nil 
    if name then 
        for _, player in ipairs(getElementsByType("player")) do 
            local name_ = getPlayerName(player):gsub("#%x%x%x%x%x%x", ""):lower() 
            if name_:find(name, 1, true) then 
                return player 
            end 
        end 
    end 
end 
    if not targetPlayer then 
    else 
    end 
    end 
end 
addCommandHandler("pma", checkAllNicksOfPlayer) -- adding command 

function createTables() 
    local a = executeSQLQuery("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `aliases` (`serial` TEXT, `nicks` TEXT)") -- adding sqlite table with serial (to identificate player) and all nicks 
    if a then outputDebugString("Created table for players aliases") end -- show a msg in console to be sure it all works 
end 
addEventHandler("onResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(), createTables) -- adding event handler, you should know why you need to do it, if not then click "addeventhandler" and you'll get an wiki article. 

function removeHexColorCode(s) 
    return s:gsub( '#%x%x%x%x%x%x', '' ) or s 
end 

Everything seems to be correct

if not targetPlayer then 
    else 
    if #searchForANicks > 0 then -- we found player 
    else 
        outputChatBox("#FFD330This player doesnt have a nick history (Which mean problem with your sqlite db...)", who, 0, 0, 0, true)  
    end 
    end 
end 

as always debugscript 3 then try. if you got This player doesnt have a nick history (Which mean problem with your sqlite db...) then send me your registry.db (better on the pm)

#edit: i just gave it to my friends and it works fine for them :)

My old alias script. I hope it still works.

addEventHandler("onResourceStart", resourceRoot, 
    function() 
        executeSQLQuery("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `players` (`serial` TEXT, `mute` TEXT, `alias` TEXT)") 
    end 
) 

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin", root, 
    function() 
        local serial = getPlayerSerial(source) 
        local name = getPlayerName(source) 
        local r = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `mute`,`alias` FROM `players` WHERE `serial`=?", serial) 
        if #r == 0 then 
            executeSQLQuery("INSERT INTO `players` (`serial`,`mute`,`alias`) VALUES(?,?,?)", serial, "no", name) 
        else 
            if r[1]["mute"] == "yes" then 
                setPlayerMuted(source, true) 
                outputChatBox(name:gsub("#%x%x%x%x%x%x", "").." has been muted by Console!", root, 255, 0, 0, true) 
            end 
        end 
    end 
) 

addEventHandler("onPlayerQuit", root, 
    function() 
        if isPlayerMuted(source) then 
        else 
        end 
    end 
) 

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin", root, 
    function() 
        setAlias(source) 
    end 
) 

addEventHandler("onPlayerChangeNick", root, 
    function() 
        setTimer(setAlias, 100, 1, source) 
    end 
) 

function setAlias(source) 
    local find = true 
    local name = getPlayerName(source) 
    local serial = getPlayerSerial(source) 
    local r = executeSQLQuery("SELECT `mute`,`alias` FROM `players` WHERE `serial`=?", serial) 
    for i,v in ipairs(split(r[1]['alias'], 32)) do 
        if v == name then 
            find = false 
        end 
    end 
    if find then 
        executeSQLQuery("UPDATE `players` SET `mute`=?, `alias`=? WHERE `serial`=?", r[1]["mute"], r[1]["alias"].." "..name, serial) 
    end 
end 

function findPlayer(name) 
    if name then  
        for i, player in ipairs(getElementsByType("player")) do 
            if string.find(getPlayerName(player):lower(), tostring(name):lower(), 1, true) then 
                return player  
            end 
        end 
    end 
    return false 
end 

local alias1 = "" 
local alias2 = 0 

addCommandHandler("pma", 
    function(p, _, t) 
        local target = findPlayer(t) 
        if target then 
            local serial = getPlayerSerial(target) 
            local spl = split(r[1]["alias"], 32) 
            for i, v in ipairs(spl) do 
                if alias1 == "" then 
                    alias1 = v 
                    alias2 = alias2 + 1 
                else 
                    alias1 = alias1..", "..v 
                    alias2 = alias2 + 1 
                end 
                if i == #spl then 
                    outputChatBox(alias1, p, 255, 255, 255, true) 
                    alias1 = "" 
                    alias2 = 0 
                end 
            end 
        end 
    end 
)