new server - what to do... what to do?

Yeah, MTAMA will allow you to run game scripts like ManHunt and King of the Hill, you'll need irc to run it.

Other than that, the only thing you can do to make it fun is to try and draw a fair-size crowd into it. I've heard a suggestion that you get on your server with your name and open a few more clients with fake names, since the more people there are on a server generally attracts more people.

Yeah, I actually have the IRC side setup already... everything seemed to work OK, I just didn't wanna leave it on with only one or two people playing :) But maybe that's the way it should be...

Thanks guys!

I gotta check what's going on with ASE, doesn't look like my server is listing properly... I can manually add it, but otherwise isn't there... weird. All ports are ok, it's just not automatic.

--rob

I gotta check what's going on with ASE, doesn't look like my server is listing properly... I can manually add it, but otherwise isn't there... weird. All ports are ok, it's just not automatic.

--rob

I seem to find that ASE filters out server(s) with the same IP as you (i.e. yours) from the list, but they should display on other people's machines. Maybe ASE thinks it's a bit pointless to send out a query to the machine that it's running on :roll:

ah ha:

13. What ports does ASE use?

A: Ports 27243-27245 inclusive, both UDP and TCP. Don't forget to open the ports for the games as well. Each game uses a different port, so find out which one and open it as well.

------UPDATE--------

to anyone who has ASE working, does it give confirmation of it's connection in the server dos window? I just get the generic ASE is enabled, will attempt to connect, but nothing after that....