Aboot teh map function

would u like player names to be displayed on the map next to there boxes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. would u like player names to be displayed on the map next to there boxes

• yes
    • no

Maybe this has been said before, its a very simple idea, but I used search and didn’t get anything similar, I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so when u used the map (not the minimap, the full city map in the pause screen) mta would display the players name next to his/her little box, this would be a huge convenience and cut down all of the "where are u!?" crap.

It has been discussed before, don't recall wether just in-team or actually on here too. It should be possible but it has a few issues, not least of which is you have to 'pause' to view it. Entering the menus when midgame isnt advisabe at the best of times, both for the cheating aspect if in the middle of a fight and the high chance of crashing afterwards.

Other problems could be victimisation, i've witnessed certain skilled players repeatedly hunting down a single person, often a noob, and making thier life hell on the server. Being able to pinpoint someones location instantly in this way could make this worse.

A way to avoid this could be having to voluntarily identify your blip. By this i mean player4 asks player6 where he is, player6 can at that point allow his name to be included with his blip on the map, This introduces the initial problem with pausing however.

A better system that we have discussed would be a GPS like system, with this player6 asks player4 where he is, player4 ok's it and player6 then has an arrow in his minimap pointing towards player4's location. This would be a more complicated system in both coding and interface terms of course.

(Note that we discuss a lot of things. Currently we aren't working on any system like the above. But these ideas may well appear at some point in development.)

In some future version you could just type /show playerID (or /locate, or /find, or something) and their blip on your radar would blink for a couple o' secs. If the player would be out of the game, just chattin or idlin, it simply wouldn't do anything.

/me voted no

in a stubby war, or even when people inteact, the words would intermingle with each other, and be hard to read :roll:

What?

Wasn't he talking about the big map showing names? Not the radar... :P

That would still apply if there's a subby war and people are close together.

I wish (and wonder) you could make the pause menu not make you immortal. That is, like other massive online shooters, you can pause, but you'll still die if you get shot. That would make ideas like this much more possible.

Not taking damage when paused is just one of the many things we are stuck with due to the nature of mta. I.e. putting multiplayer into a game that wasnt intended to have it, without the advantage of the original source code.

Manhunt would be ruined by it, its 'manhunt' not 'hey look everyone there he is lets kill him' :P

Not taking damage when paused is just one of the many things we are stuck with due to the nature of mta. I.e. putting multiplayer into a game that wasnt intended to have it, without the advantage of the original source code.

Manhunt would be ruined by it, its 'manhunt' not 'hey look everyone there he is lets kill him' :P

lol ur right

then i stick to the real manhunt, from rockstargames too lol