help, i can not see other players

Guest banaan_in_pyama

hi, when i play mta i can not see other players and they don't see me.

my internet conection is splitted up by a router, but i've opened the port of the server (2003) but still i can't see the other players. my firewall is also turned off. Help me please cuz i don't know what to do1 :(

i can't see a topic about it on the other forum, so maybe it's easier when someone knows what is wrong and just tells me here, cause i don't realy understand the answer someone has given me.

it is not about the radar bug, but i can't see real persons in the game and they can't see me 2. and that's iritating.

edit:

does somebody know the mta ports, cause i've only opened port 2003 and 2004, but are there more mta ports?

This has been discussed many times... I remember reading a lot of threads about it.

I can't seem to find any of them though, because the 'Search' function is a little incompetent.

(Can keywords "can't see players people help problem fix" get more accurate?! I'm finding threads about Signatures, rather than bugs/problems :lol: )

What I did with my old router (When I used to host servers), I just basically freed ports 1 to *highest number you want*.

I forget port numbers, but I didn't do 1 to 99999, but more or less, the highest number I'd ever see for the game I was hosting.

For Vice City, I'd do 1 to 9999 to be safe. Don't see any ports that aren't ranged 2000 to 5000, but it couldn't hurt.

Unless, of course, you're worried about hackers busting through your opened ports and hacking your PC... :P

i've send a private message to some1 of the mta crew, i hope he will give a answer!

Oooh... they won't like that.

Can you get chat? If so, then it's unlikely to be a port problem as data is being sent and received.

But, you can't blame them, I forgot about the Support Forum for a while; and when I remembered it, I didn't know where to find it.

http://support.mtavc.com

(Can keywords "can't see players people help problem fix" get more accurate?! I'm finding threads about Signatures, rather than bugs/problems)

Yeah, it's because it searches the whole topic rather than one post. And you can't use quotes either. I tried searching for something to help this guy too but I gave up in the end.

Yeah, I found it eventually...

Yeah, it's because it searches the whole topic rather than one post. And you can't use quotes either. I tried searching for something to help this guy too but I gave up in the end.

I didn't use quotes, but it does search the whole damn thread ... Makes the whole search rather difficult. Considering people type in "HELP!" as their thread titles, you can't do a "Search only Thread Titles" search... :x

Or if it would pull up only the posts that contain the keyword. I have looked for somethings and they will be in a 50 page thread...somewhere

You can. There are two radio buttons at the bottom left hand corner:

Display results as: Posts Topics

Just set it to "posts" and it should work.

Or if it would pull up only the posts that contain the keyword. I have looked for somethings and they will be in a 50 page thread...somewhere

You can. There are two radio buttons at the bottom left hand corner:

Display results as: Posts Topics

Just set it to "posts" and it should work.

Great now that's responsive they added that fast great job

*fails at trying to play this off and goes to a corner to cry* :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: