Which game...

Ok im brand new to MTA and this is my first go on GTA3 or VC for pc but i need to know which game is more popular for mp because i havent seen many screenshots. I just want a game with like 10 ppl or more in, sry for being so n00bish :lol:

No problem, we were all newbies once (despite what other people may say).

GTA3:MTA is pretty old so it's quite buggy and difficult to use. You won't find many servers for that.

MTA:VC is a lot more popular and runs on newer technology and there are hundreds of servers listed on All Seeing Eye: http://www.udpsoft.com

MTA 0.4 is currently in development and combines GTA3 and VC into one client (resulting in GTA3 being equal technology-wise to MTA:VC). As you can see from the home page, this is approximately 80% complete but shouldn't take much longer as the team are just ironing out some bugs.

Edit: Btw, I meant to say that this should pretty much even up the two versions popularity-wise as GTA3 offers more tense gameplay whereas Vice is larger and more relaxing.

Edited by Guest
ok ty cos going to town 2morrow and needed to know lol

is it easy to set up cos im a bit krud with manuals aswell lol

GTA3:MTA is not newbie friendly!

Basically, setting up a game for Vice City consists of using the All Seeing Eye server browser to find a server you want, clicking it and clicking Start Game on the MTA client window that appears.

Remember that it is a beta, and some people have had slight problems joining games, but solutions have been posted on the forums should you have difficulties.

Edit:

EDIT: for the GTA3 and VC combo do i need both games or does it downlaod itself

There is currently no GTA3 / VC combo, as that is MTA 0.4 which is not yet out.

im gonna be play gta 3 mta more than mtavc because im just soooo fed up of playing vc i need to play some more gta3!! :D

I'm not sure I could handle it after MTA:VC. It's more buggy and apparently not as "developed" as MTA:VC...

:shock:

I think he's talking about 0.4.