when runnign over people

should the damage cars do to players on foots be increased?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. should the damage cars do to players on foots be increased?

• yes
    • no

im split on this issue, cause i could see how increasing the damage could kill gameplay and make it nothing but a destruction derby.

on the other hand, it's not terribly hard to avoid getting hit by a car by simply jumping over the car, or to the side. lag usually takes care of the rest

I remember on one of the dev movies they showed one-hit kills with cars, but there was some debate as to whether it would make it to the final release or not.

That was in a MTA:GTA3 video, they havent messed with any of the data in VC to do that. Cars in GTA3 are 1-hit kills anyway.

I remember on one of the dev movies they showed one-hit kills with cars, but there was some debate as to whether it would make it to the final release or not.

That was in a MTA:GTA3 video, they havent messed with any of the data in VC to do that. Cars in GTA3 are 1-hit kills anyway.

Are they? I didn't know that.

if it would be endabled then it would be the noob weapon nr1 to kill ppl

Yeah, it'd become more popular than heli-killing because heli-killing has an element of skill in that it's difficult to fly the damn thing.

we don't do any damage modifiers w/ any weapons or vehicles, (this is important to us)... as such the easy peasy vehicle kills in GTA3 compared to VC, is just something that will make each its own special type of gameplay.. .I can say this, GTA3 multiplayer is much more intense. VC is nice if you like room...

Kent

It's good to have two games at two different poles...

That way, everyone is happy.

:D

Yep, it's a great idea. It ensures an even spread of each game (otherwise I'd probably just play GTA3 which I prefer). But I can guarantee that n00bs still won't be happy...

well, if I am alone on this fine, its a democracy and i can deal with that but i don’t see y throwing a pinch of realism into the mix would hurt, and for all the shit heads that say 1 hit vehicles kills ruin fighting on foot I would like to recommend that they try playing halo or ut2004, vehicles being a threat hardly ruin foot combat, they add a new level to it. For me, this would make the game better, and while I don’t ask you agree with me. I do think its ridiculous to call me a "poser" simply because I don’t think its right for someone to come away all but unscathed after being hit by a bus going 70.

...and for all the shit heads that say 1 hit vehicles kills ruin fighting on foot I would like to recommend that they try playing halo or ut2004, vehicles being a threat hardly ruin foot combat, they add a new level to it.

S'true, a driver's as vunerable behind the wheel as they are behind the barrel... but unlike Halo, the vehicles absorb all the damage done to you in Vice City until they explode, we still don't have weapons in it that're vehicle destroyers like a RPG or sniper rifles to pick off the driver through the glass, and in Halo you can move while using said weapons.

Edited by Guest