simple suggestion about pausing

I don’t know if this is possible, but I think it would be a lot better if when you paused the game instead of becoming immortal your character would just be removed from radar, if u took just s second to hide before u paused the chances of getting killed are very low. This would solve the problem with people pausing to avoid being killed.

I don’t know if this is possible, but I think it would be a lot better if when you paused the game instead of becoming immortal your character would just be removed from radar, if u took just s second to hide before u paused the chances of getting killed are very low. This would solve the problem with people pausing to avoid being killed.

How would that solve the problem?

People would still pause to avoid being killed.

Unless you're saying that when they pause they become invisible and can still be hit?...

:shock:

i am not suggesting a player be removed from he map, only the radar, the character would remain in the same spot motionless, and mortal, and the idea about it saying paused above his head is a good one. The reason i suggest this is when i get people down to 10 hp the pause the game to avoid dying. I suggest being removed from radar so that if a person say, had to eat dinner, he could just go hide there char in a corner and leave, if they don’t show up on radar they would be fairly safe. i think the fact that some people who are afk would be killed would be worth not ever being cheated out of a kill.

I dont think the pauses over set time = boot is a good idea, when u get an aim it minimizes gta, witch pauses the game, people will get booted for no reason, plus oftem a person only has to pause once to avoid death.

i am not suggesting a player be removed from he map, only the radar, the character would remain in the same spot motionless, and mortal

You can't make him mortal if it's paused. This is because his client needs to know if he's being hit in order to make him lose health.

Well then, sounds like the new core will be a muchly appreciated thing then! :D

I think that as long as you're IN GTA, you should be killable. That's just what happens, simple. If you want to live, run like hell (and that still won't guarantee safety).

When in GTA MTA (VC or 3), there should be absolutely NO way to become invulnerable (or run faster than cars, have infinite bullets, or god knows what other things people do cheating-wise).

Note to all you cheaters out there: YOU RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

PS: It's fine if all the players are cheaters, you can all stand in a circle and shoot an endless supply of bullets into your invulnerable bodies. THAT's where the IQ of 50 comes in I believe too, as I doubt anybody could see that being fun either....

(gee, two posts in one day, what's happening to me!!! ;) )

Well then, sounds like the new core will be a muchly appreciated thing then! :D

Yep, I can't wait for the new core, although it seems strange to start on the next version before the current version is out (i.e. 0.4).

When in GTA MTA (VC or 3), there should be absolutely NO way to become invulnerable (or run faster than cars, have infinite bullets, or god knows what other things people do cheating-wise).

It'd be nice, but there's no way you can make it impossible. I've heard a lot of cheaters say that they can't be bothered to hack or cheat UT2004 because it's too much effort (not that it's impossible).

THAT's where the IQ of 50 comes in I believe too, as I doubt anybody could see that being fun either....

I think you're thinking of a different topic... :roll:

People should just not pause that would do it. If you have to eat type /kill or /quit. If you want to hide do that.

I stood at the fountain during a robber spawn war idle for 10 mins at least. Before I left I said brb I guess ppl thought I paused. I don't ever pause but when I got back I was still there. If you can just hide you can keep your weapons and not look like a dick.

I admin most of the servers I play on and I will kick pausers and ban repeated pausers.

I wish they had a solution but the best solution for now is don't pause and get an admin to kick pausers as well if he is around

Yep, I can't wait for the new core, although it seems strange to start on the next version before the current version is out (i.e. 0.4).

Work has been going on with the new core since 0.2.2 was released. The shortcomings that came to light with our current tech were the main reason for a rethink and a new direction in development.

0.4 and whatever comes afterwards built on this core be it 0.4rls2 0.4:shoreside, 0.5 etc, (naming is the last thing to be decided usually;) ), is tying up this current tech, basically pushing it to its limits and providing new experiences for the community whilst the massive task of the new core is undertaken. We have a large enough team to work on both at once. People with no current input in the new core are concentrating on 0.4 for instance, and vice verca.

We have a large enough team to work on both at once. People with no current input in the new core are concentrating on 0.4 for instance, and vice verca.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was a bit concerned that this might impact negatively time-wise on 0.4, but if their work is done then that's fine.

• 2 weeks later...
People should just not pause that would do it. If you have to eat type /kill or /quit. If you want to hide do that.

that is the stupidest thing iv read on any forum, if there is one thing i have learned playing video games in general its that u cannot trust the average Joe not to be an ass hole, it sounds to me like u are a pauser that doesn’t want his way of life threatened.

that is the stupidest thing iv read on any forum, if there is one thing i have learned playing video games in general its that u cannot trust the average Joe not to be an ass hole, it sounds to me like u are a pauser that doesn’t want his way of life threatened.

ha. haha. hahahaha. hahahahahahahaha.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH