PartyServer complaints

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know that MTA is clientside and it's reporting his exact position.

He never froze, apparently.

He never stopped.

He shot straight over there like a rocket.

It's funny because you guys are the exact people I could have guessed to defend him. Any reasons why?

8)

Anyway, this is turning into a flame war.

There's the clip.

I'll post the rest as soon as I can.

Keep the excuses coming, though, I'll gladly update my list.

kthx.

:lol::lol:

Wow, I can't move like that at 30 FPS, but maybe I can with a 500+ ping that's constantly spiking!

^ I love this quote because he moves at that speed all the time! Amazing. Not just when his packets spike. Give me a break, guys. You're not getting anywhere with this "packet spike" excuse; time to move on to another.

:roll:

I do know that MTA is clientside and it's reporting his exact position.

He never froze, apparently.

He never stopped.

He wouldn't freeze or stop, the server would just dump the packets faster then normal. So it would look like he just like a rocket over there.

He wouldn't freeze or stop, the server would just dump the packets faster then normal. So it would look like he just like a rocket over there.

Exactly how would the game show him being there, before he actually got there?!

Wow, I can't move like that at 30 FPS, but maybe I can with a 500+ ping that's constantly spiking!

^ I love this quote because he moves at that speed all the time! Amazing. Not just when his packets spike. Give me a break, guys. You're not getting anywhere with this "packet spike" excuse; time to move on to another

Anyway, this is turning into a flame war

I don't see any flames, just a discussion.

You're reminding me of Kelso. Read that link I sent you or else ill post a lame pic.

EDIT

"Exactly how would the game show him being there, before he actually got there?!"

lol, shows your knowledge of the internet. /me redirects utopia to the link.

Edited by Guest

"Exactly how would the game show him being there, before he actually got there?!"

lol, shows your knowledge of the internet. /me redirects utopia to the link.

I must have missed the part where the Internet can predict the future.

That's almost as amazing as how fast Zircon moves with 30 frames per second!!

(^ Like how I keep saying that? lmao, Zircon, bud, I wasn't fully convinced about the possibility of you cheating until you said that your frame limiter is on. lol)

before I go, utopia you have no clue on the magic of the internet. Like I said read the damn link I sent you, it will help you understand. you just owned yourself posting that 2 second video which proved shit and I fail to understand why you are still here making an ass of yourself :| . maybe because of your ego or someshit I really dont care. Goodnight.

/me runs off to get sex.

Honestly Utopia... you're getting nowhere in this argument and you haven't proved a thing yet.

It doesn't have everything to do with my FPS. It's called packet spiking, as we must tell you over and over again... feel free to play me in a server where my ping is good and a server where it's not. You'll see the difference.

Meh, to conclude the argument:

:arrow: Zircon moves too fast for 30 fps.

:arrow: It can't be a lag spike; he doesn't freeze/pause at all.

:arrow: First, it was "I've seen many people move like that!", then it was "lag spike". Which one is it, guys?

:arrow: If you've seen lots of people move like that, are we all having lag spikes?!

:arrow: How does he have a lag spike from the time he starts playing until the time he quits?! That's a pretty shitty internet. In fact, I'd like to have it.

:arrow: I've played with you enough. You've always moved that speed. (Including several times on the DA server with just me, you, and 5 other people...)

It's done.

Meh, to conclude the argument:

:arrow: Zircon moves too fast for 30 fps.

:arrow: It can't be a lag spike; he doesn't freeze/pause at all.

:arrow: First, it was "I've seen many people move like that!", then it was "lag spike". Which one is it, guys?

:arrow: If you've seen lots of people move like that, are we all having lag spikes?!

:arrow: How does he have a lag spike from the time he starts playing until the time he quits?! That's a pretty shitty internet. In fact, I'd like to have it.

:arrow: I've played with you enough. You've always moved that speed. (Including several times on the DA server with just me, you, and 5 other people...)

It's done.

:arrow: Everyone has lag spikes, they are different for each person, some are too small to notice and others are easy to spot

:arrow: The packets got dumped your the client its not telling the future. it just sent them quicker than it usually does. He was already there on his game, but other ppl's game didnt keep up due to lag. So when the server dumps the packets it looks like he was using a "speed hack"

:arrow: Yes i've seen a lot of ppl move like that, its called PACKET SPIKES, god damn. I have a 20-30 ping in the Party server i see it happen a lot.

Its over, your so called "proof" proves nothing. You dont believe about packet spiking. This is getting nowhere.

What are you trying to prove anyway... that my frame limiter is off? It's not - besides, you openly admit that you have yours off, so you're just being the dumbass hypocrite in this argument, to put it frankly.

Maybe you do understand. I think I agree with Ace... it's just an ego problem. Drop it, you've only made yourself look like a fool and you're getting nowhere.

Is it off?

Are you actually playing without cheats?!

It would appear that it's off. Sorry, but I've never seen anyone with a frame limiter ON move that fast, lagger or not! And the fact that you won't admit it that it's OFF, are you lying about anything else?!

:shock:

I mean really, you guys are jumping around from reason to reason. First, you've seen other people do it, then it's a lag spike, then MTA is simply a beta, then Zircon has skill...

Wow! Which one is it?! How about you just throw every excuse in the book at me to hide the truth...

:shock:

There's no evidence of any lag spikes. On a server with 5 people, or a server with 20 people. And the fact that he runs that speed all the time. I've never seen anyone else move like that because of "lag spikes", with 50 ping or with 250 ping. I'm sorry, but like I said, the whole "lag spike" issue is now proved false. Next?

(Keep it coming. I don't actually expect you guys to drop the "lag spike" excuse, so make another post about how I don't know anything, or just simply say "IT'S LAG SPIKES!!" like you've been doing. lmao.)

It's called a "lag spike" because it comes and it goes. Even with a 56k, he can't have a 24/7 lag spike. Besides, you've seen other people run that speed and they're all on 56k too? They have lag spikes non-stop too? Crazy stuff going on around here.. It's an epidemic..!

/me wants to just provide a couple of FACTS:

1) fraps causes the game to slow down, ull notice when recording the red number is never on 30, its usually much lower, which means you are lagging relative to the server. This means that the other people will move faster relative to you as they are at 30fps and you are at <30fps. Hence... ure video is not in real time. U can even tell by how fast crunch is getting up.

2) there is no lag spiking in that video, he is changing direction whilst moving, which if it was a lag spike its a direct line of travel from where you lost sync to where his current position is.

3) Utopia, u have admitted openly to having your frame limiter off.. and yet you seem to be so "anti-speeding up ure game" but if you have ure frame limiter off ure gonna be at 40+ fps if ure comp is an average spec (depending on resolution). That means ure running at like 25% faster than other ppl in the game, and hence you are very hard to hit. Now ure comp has to be at least average to record a movie like that at that resolution and not appear jerky.. unless its been modified.

4) this is the stupidest debate, not only is it completely pointless cos u cant prove anything but it really looks like ure "looking for a reason" to accuse him.

I never said I was against "speeding up" your game. But I don't use mods/hacks to do it; I just turn the frame limiter off. I am, in turn, against using mods/hacks to speed up the game.

;)

The video plays at about 28 to 30 fps.

If Zircon's frame limiter is on (Max of 30 fps) then that video is right up Zircon's alley. And you've already stated there's no lag spike.

So, no lag spike, frame limiter is on... Then what, do you suggest?

but speeding up the game by one of the lamest ways which clearly gives u an advantage over other players because you are moving far faster than them is fine?

Surely thats just as bad as using a mod. Its using a means to give yourself an advantage over other players. Thats WHY mods are frowned upon.

Also, of course the vid is at 30fps.. do u know how fraps works?? it takes the 20fps or so and then speeds it up so its compatible with NTSC. Hence its NOT IN REAL TIME.

I'm missing your "Not in real time". It doesn't skip any frames, it records at 30 fps, and you can plainly see that Zircon doesn't skip/jump/warp..

As for the frame limiter, I believe RockStar implemented the Frame Limiter, and the MTA Devs chose to keep it there. Lame?! It's available to anyone, they can simply go into their menu and disable it.

If you have a bad PC, unfair advantage to those with good PCs?

Look at it this way, people have been playing online games for years, and those people with 40 ping have always had an advantage over those with 200 ping. There's no complaining about that, is there? :D

In relation to speed mods, using a program, hack, or mod, to speed your game is an external program. Had RockStar included a "Game Speed:" slider bar within the Options menu, it'd be a different story. By clicking the frame limiter to "OFF" is a simple option, whereas, a speed mod is a user-created external cheat.

Is the frame limiter lame? Hm, it's of no importance to me whether or not it's lame. That's all a matter of morals. However, morals have no impact on the use of an external speed mod. It's plain and simple an out-of-Vice City cheat. There is absolutely no gray area on the subject.

EDIT:

For all I care, Zircon can run as fast as he wants. But as long as his frame limiter is off, and he can prove his game is at about 120 FPS, then it's fine. Unfortunately, he's already told us his frame limiter is ON (Therefore, his game cannot ever exceed 30 FPS), so all of this is of no importance.

You still avoid my question: How does Zircon run so fast?

By the way, the video is 100% accurate in his speed, I've fought him many times, as has Kung, Wheel, and every other KFC, and I can tell you that's how fast he always goes.

:D

was that supposed to be a justification??

as for fraps, PLEASE go and learn how it works. Ill explain as simple as I can:

1) it records at whatever, say 20fps.

2) it takes those 20 frames from the 1st second.

3) it takes however many more frames it needs to add upto 30frames.

4) it increases the frame rate to 30fps (taking 20fames from the 1st second of raw recorded movie footage and then takes the next 10 frames from the 2nd second of raw recorded movie footage)

Hence, the 1st 1.5 seconds of you recording is now taking 1 second. This is why it isnt in real time. Its the same as when you take a 25fps video in virtualdub, and increase the frame rate to 30fps. The movie will speed up. Ure welcome to go try that one, cos it shows what i mean really well.

I hope you understand that now.

EDIT: lol u keep editing ure posts while im posting, so i havnt fully answered lol... im not trying to take sides here, im just pointing out that there are masive holes in your arguement.

I still fail to see how that could have an effect on what we're seeing.

I've had plenty of experience with fraps; and I've never seen any significant difference in frames, lag, jumps, warps, etc etc etc etc etc etc... etc etc!

It all looks 100% Grade-A to me, exactly like what I see in my game, except at 30 FPS as opposed to my average 45 FPS.

At any rate, if you read the bold text, I can safely say that my "highly synced and updated" 45+ frame rate sees Zircon exactly like that in my gameplay, so, like I said, I see no difference in the FRAPS video and my gameplay...

(I don't see why everyone is so bent on getting technical in this thread; it's not like it's having any effect on what we're discussing.)

And you still avoid my question:

What's going on with Zircon, in your opinion?

zircon doesnt cheat as far as im concerned. Ive seen nothing here that comes close to proving he does. That video can be easily explained, which ive tried to explain to u but u fail to understand.

As for u, uve now admitted you run your game at 45fps, which is 1.5 times the norm of everyone else. You say its an option in the game and ppl are free to use it to their advantage, but thats just stupid. Its like argueing pausing in a fight it fine, and yet ppl get kicked (even from ure party server) for pausing. Pausing is actually an "option" aswell as the frame limiter. Your arguement appears to be totally hypocritical.

zircon doesnt cheat as far as im concerned. Ive seen nothing here that comes close to proving he does. That video can be easily explained, which ive tried to explain to u but u fail to understand.

I compiled a pretty convincing list about a page back, which you fail to understand.

Its like argueing pausing in a fight it fine, and yet ppl get kicked (even from ure party server) for pausing. Pausing is actually an "option" aswell as the frame limiter. Your arguement appears to be totally hypocritical.

I'd say there's a difference in pausing to avoid a fight, and becoming invincible, and playing with a frame limiter off ... :lol:

And we've already proved, thanks to you, that it's difficult to recognize a frame limiter being ON or OFF, since Zircon likes to fly around Vice City at 30 FPS, appearing that his frame limiter is off, but is it really on?! Whereas, a pause is obvious, and we only kick for pausing to avoid being killed.

I'll ask for the 4th time:

How exactly, then, does Zircon move so fast at 30 FPS? You seem so attached to the frame rate subject, so a clear response should be rather easy for you...?