help me out plzzzz

Guest omega

hey i need some help i just got the mta mod. And every time i try to join a game it says gta-vc file cannot be found. and when i try to restart the game path it says restart mta-vc and i just got it so i dont know what the heck im doing. plzz reply as soon as you can anybody!

Yeah, I get that all the time. Click Reset Game Path and the click Connect. A browse dialog will show, and you browse to your VC executable. Assuming that you have installed it to the default location, it should be:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe

I seem to look this up almost bi-weekly, and never for myself.

Anyway, what Jon said will work, but it has to be done each time you start MTA.

Here's the permanent fix:

If you have Error 'mta_dll.dll' cound not be located, and are very sure you set the right directory, you may want to do this:

Open up C:\windows\mta.ini

Now add this line at the end of the file:

[game-exe]

location=Path\to\gta-vc.exe

Remember to change the "Path\to\gta-vc.exe" to the acual location.

Most people do not see this because the older MTA versions added this line for you. But for first time users, people who reformatted their pcs, or who delete their mta.ini may experience this problem.

Happy gaming! :D

Yeah, I get that all the time. Click Reset Game Path and the click Connect. A browse dialog will show, and you browse to your VC executable. Assuming that you have installed it to the default location, it should be:

he means click the start game button, not connect button :)

he means click the start game button, not connect button :)

Yeah, whatever. I don't read things before I click them.

yes but after i click on the restart game path it says to restart mta client. since im new at all this im clueless as what to do.

Yeah, ignore that. I never restart it. Just click on Start Game and browse for your VC executable.