MTA Programmers Ever think of expanding the use of MTA?

First I want to start with letting you guys know that I think you are doing a AWESOME job with the MTA system. But my question was, with all the progress that seems to be going on with xbox mods as far as getting windows to run on it, you guys ever think of making a client,or porting the current client, for the xbox version of Vice City? That is a venture if you were going to do, that I would LOVE to help out with.

Well the thing is . Xbox modding is not "legal" as far as i know it ...

or at least MS dosen't support it

From my understanding there were legal Bios` I think one of them is the cromwell linux.not 100% on name, but i am almost 100% on the fact there is one. and after that i thought it was teh same if you owned the game it was cool. Kind of getting away from the original subject now though :cry:

We'd obviously like to expand MTA, but it really isn't that easy because:

a) we've only got a limited ammount of time to spend on MTA.

b) Most of the team don't have xboxes.

c) Um... thats about it.

The fact of the matter is, theres more to life than MTA (i haven't found it yet, but thats what people keep telling me), and we can't spend our whole life doing it. I personally haven't a clue how Xboxes work, though I expect its similar to PCs (being Microsoft), but remember, MTA relies on a fairly fragile system that PCs have, and XBoxes probably don't support (as they're not designed to be flexible).

eAi

Some people think MTA should do things such as make a MAC version or make an XBOX version online, but you gotta be realistic. This is just a group of knowledged computer people with some free time they dedicate to MTA. They really don't have the resources (and knowledge maybe) to pull off something like that.

true and with it cvrashing on the xbox it will be very frustrating because u would have to restart the whole xbox also there is the fact that there are 56kers and them high detailed graphics would not support 56 k users comforably!

It's not realistic, as many points above have stated, but damn it would be neat. Too bad we are stuck in our own little world here, since what we are doing is uncharted territory.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I can't see it ever happening, but if anyone does it, I'm confident that it'll be the MTA team.

I belive so ... And i once talked to Xbox people (18004myxbox) and they said that if you mod . Xbox live records on the harddrive and u would never be able to play Xbox live on that system again . Also ur Xbox live account is cancelled . I have nevere tried this . but if they say it . I think its true . And i think they put this in . to stop game copping and Cheating online

true and with it cvrashing on the xbox it will be very frustrating because u would have to restart the whole xbox also there is the fact that there are 56kers and them high detailed graphics would not support 56 k users comforably!

pretty sure XBOX doesnt allow 56k, there is a ethernet port in the back of the system, unlike PS2

I'd love to see MTA mass producing a DVD-Xbox cd that said "Vice City: Multi Theft Auto" and on the shelf in my local Wal*Mart.

:roll:

But it's free, so it wouldn't be on the shelf. I think that there might be legal problems if they starting charging for MTA.

welll, in theory...if linux runs on xbox...and you made a linux client, it would tecnically work...like how some people made a linux stepmania port for xbox (which is uber spiffy lol) but then, that was made to work on linux...whereas vice city is not and never was. And i doubt the xbox would have enough power to emulate the pc version of the game...

Also i don't think you can run linux AND an xbox game at the same time, so it'd have to be emulated via linux...which, well, it'd take a whole fulltime crew to make such a thing

Possible: maybe, worth delaying mta.4:no hehe