question about gtavc and mta

Guest poseyjmac

im wondering, for the sake of lag, should i have frame limiter on or off?

and also, i actually like the game better with frame limiter off, yet sometimes im driving along and things wont draw, is there a way to have it off and have things load right? running winxp pro with sp1.

Fix for your texture problem when the frame limiter is off:

:arrow: Find gta-vc.exe

:arrow: Right click it

:arrow: "Properties"

:arrow: "Compatibility" Tab

:arrow: Set it for "Windows 98" Compatibility.

You can play with it on or off, whichever you like. Many people consider it cheating, but it's a question of morals. Technically, you speed up your game when it's off, causing you to move slightly faster. If you think it's a lame cheat method; don't use it.

ok when i do that, the regular game works fine, but when i start MTA as a client of my own server, a little goes in the progress bar and then DING, i get this:

MTA-error.jpg

any ideas?

im wondering, for the sake of lag, should i have frame limiter on or off?

and also, i actually like the game better with frame limiter off, yet sometimes im driving along and things wont draw, is there a way to have it off and have things load right? running winxp pro with sp1.

At the moment you (nor we) can do anything about the texture problems popping up when you disable the frame limiter, since it's actually Rockstar's fault :P (thats why they've put it in probably, cause of the problems)

MTA might lag a bit atm.. but that'll change with one of the next releases.

ijs said:

MTA might lag a bit atm.. but that'll change with one of the next releases.

prokopis said:

Cool. Will you be handing out free BB connections with every installer then?

No, we wont, IJs is being on topic and referring to graphical 'lag'.

Blimey :/

Hadn't realized MTA contributed to GFX lag enough to make a difference on top of everything else (CPU, GPU and AGP multiplier, RAM speed and OS memory state, game settings, etc).

Anyway, with good enough results you just miiiiiight get that grant to keep your research going for another 5 years Dr. IJs.

I'm only kidding folks :P. Good luck with your next version.