HELP ME PLEASE!! i have a problem

Guest shadowshade

i have vc and i just downloaded mta:vc and ive entered a server and nick and port and everything but when i try and connect, it just says that a problem occured. PLEASE PLEASE REPLY even if you dont know the answer i just need some tips for playing because i really want to play. THaNks

If it is simply 'A problem occured while trying to connect' then it is a 'failure to make connection' problem. Most commonly a firewall, either hardware or software, preventing mtaclient.exe from communicating. (happened to me this week funnily enoough when i changed my firewall software). Or an incorrectly configured router.

Just clear it with everything and it should work fine.

i have vc and i just downloaded mta:vc and ive entered a server and nick and port and everything but when i try and connect, it just says that a problem occured. PLEASE PLEASE REPLY even if you dont know the answer i just need some tips for playing because i really want to play. THaNks

Could be anything.. from a wrong server IP/host to DNS problems at your internet service provider. Try to use ip addresses instead of domains and hosts, and make sure there's actually a server running on that ip/port.