MTA 0.4 Smoothness. (23/05/2004 @ 00:42 CET) by IJs

RISO

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's throughout. Passenger just demonstrates it best. Bear in mind this may not make it into the initial 0.4 release tho people. It depends how glitchy it proves to be and how much extra work (therefore time) it is going to take to pefect it. It may appear in the second release of 0.4 (island 2). Time will tell :)

Does that mean Vice City will also play only 1 island at a time? I thought that idea was only for GTA3 .4 :roll:

Vice City's map will be completely accesible, like in previous versions. The second release for 0.4 will include a new part of Liberty City (probably Shoreside Vale) for Gta3. Vice City will probably not change much on the second release.

Phew, I was just thinking that for a a second as bump was talking about the passenger thing which was done in Vice City and mentioning a second release with the "island 2" so it sounded like he was talking about VC there for a minute.

Does that mean Vice City will also play only 1 island at a time? I thought that idea was only for GTA3 .4 :roll:

Vice City's map will be completely accesible, like in previous versions. The second release for 0.4 will include a new part of Liberty City (probably Shoreside Vale) for Gta3. Vice City will probably not change much on the second release.

But if you add the "smoothness" on island two you will re release Vice City in a smoother version?

But if you add the "smoothness" on island two you will re release Vice City in a smoother version?

I quote:

is that it? or will it be:

1st release: portland

2nd release : portland and stanton

3rd release: portland. stanton, and shoreside

?

it would be pretty nifty to see that "map" function in ase get more use

As you stated, i.e. the 2nd release will have 2 gta3 maps, and the 3rd all three. The purpose of this method is that we can release 0.4 so you can play it without spending as much time on it as we would have to for all three islands. It also gives us a bit more time to add new functions, e.g. the 2nd release will have some new functions, which will work on both maps...

eAi

Each version of 0.4 is an upgrade from the last (as far as I understand), so Vice City would be subjected to the smoothness too.

But Vice and GTA3 are separate releases.. you can run either on your server.

GTA3 will add an island each release until we have all three in one release each release better than the last. I have not heard anything about ViceCity getting re released when these improvements are made to GTA3. That quote doesn't answer my question

OK that sounds much less confusing and awesome. Same as the stunt/deathmatch servers do now.

So when the second release comes out it will have a second island for Gta3 and any advances you have come up with any ViceCity improvements all rolled into one. That is great.

You know to stop lag you should ask http://counter-strike.net what they did, they may not really care but it's worth a shot. One day I was bored and read the history, and I remember that in it they said how they drastically reduced lag. Kind of important in shooter games lol. Right now I have to wait for someone to stop in order to even try to hit them.

You may also wanna ask http://gunbound.net how they got the NSecure system. You need a way to see if programs are opening with MTA, like if it opens with a hack or something, it'll kick u, warn u, and ban u if excessive lol.

I've stopped playing MTA b/c of the amount of cheaters, and how I can't kill unless they stand still lol. (This is on the official MTA server's btw). That's why if I do play, i'm only the driver 8) lol.

I put in my two cents, lata ^.^

I believe that Counter-Strike works out where players should be so that it can accomodate for lost or delayed packets.

Cheaters seem drawn to the official servers, but there are plenty of other servers available.

I believe that Counter-Strike works out where players should be so that it can accomodate for lost or delayed packets.

Cheaters seem drawn to the official servers, but there are plenty of other servers available.

Like the following on the same IP but different ports all fast and watched.

PartyServer ViceCity 26 player

Gang Warfare 20 player private

VCA public 12 player

Partyserver GTA3

MiniServer 10 player (great for high pingers)

=DA= Public 12 player

Also some of your problems are not cheaters. Read this thread and use that stuff I can kill a bunch of ppl that are accused of cheating... This will help you get outta that car I hope :wink:

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=6451

We can't really ask anyone else, because what we're doing with vice city has never been done on a game before, therefore the standard rules of game making tend not to apply the same (obviously many do though)... Lag in VC is mostly caused by the fact that, this is a beta, so the netcode is not perfected and various client side things.

eAi

MTA 0.4 is going to rock! I cant wait to play MTA 0.4 with my friend. if someone knows when the new MTA is coming out soo please write me to my MSN Messenger [email protected] or icq nunber 278-092-693

Unfortunately, there is no formal release date ("when it's done") - not even the devs know when it's coming out (well, not the exact date anyway).

MTA 0.4 is going to rock! I cant wait to play MTA 0.4 with my friend. if someone knows when the new MTA is coming out soo please write me to my MSN Messenger [email protected] or icq nunber 278-092-693

Unfortunately, there is no formal release date ("when it's done") - not even the devs know when it's coming out (well, not the exact date anyway).

maybe he meant wen it does come out, tell him.

and btw i thought that was quite random :?

So when the second release comes out it will have a second island for Gta3 and any advances you have come up with any ViceCity improvements all rolled into one. That is great.

That's the plan. When I said Vice City will not change much, I was more referring to gameplay issues, rather than technical progress, as that was Ransom's question.

Welcome back, btw

Yeah thanks trx,

The smoothness may or may not be available in the first release so I was concearned about the second release improving the smoothness of VC if it isn't included in the first... Without any guarentees that is the plan as of now so that's reassuring...

I restate these things very basically on purpose to avoid the same question being asked again incase anyone was wondering. :wink:

thanks

kfg