MTA 0.4 Smoothness. (23/05/2004 @ 00:42 CET) by IJs

RISO

We′ve probably found a way to dramatically improve the smoothness in the MTA 0.4 client. With help of some new methods of reading and writing some gamedata, instead of using the old method we actually used since the beginning of this whole multiplayer mod, we can now, hopefully, play the next MTA version much smoother. The smoother the game, the more fun you′ll get with playing the mod. If it all turns out to be stable enough, we′ll add it to our next MTA 0.4 release. :D

Here′s a nice pic from a betatest we′ve had (thanks goes to Rawk-iT).

mta7696beta.jpg

Here′s some footage from Aeron and IJs testing (both players + server in the Netherlands).. we even managed to get it faster:

Another, even better movie from Gamefreek (United States), SoWErA (Sweden) and IJs (NL) testing. Let me state, that is not Gamefreek (recording the movie), but SoWErA driving the car!

XviD MPEG-4 encoded, use Nimo Codec Pack.. Kazaa Lite Codec pack.. or any other pack.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg! that walking animation in the first movie from the car to the heli from that other player looked really smooth !! as well for the helicopter ride same goes for that other movie .. real dramatic improvement guys!! hope you will use this method! :)

keep up the good work! 8)

RISO! u stoled ijs's lines from mtavc.com!

Maybe next time he should make his own comments post then.

I always thought you had a script which listed posts in the News section on the front page automatically, but obviously not.

Very much interested in the following:

More action means more data which means more packets. The servers at the moment eat a considerable ammount of bandwidth as they are, what is the general bandwidth usage now for say, 16 players? Since you haven't had 16 players on to test, I would expect an educated guess (answering anyone who might try to flame me).

This is realitively important.. a nice response would be appreciated :)

Not to sound pessimistic, but the only change I see is in the Hummer video...

That's nice and smoooth...

Actually, to be honest, I didn't notice a drastic difference but didn't like to say in case it made me look dense.

Actually, to be honest, I didn't notice a drastic difference but didn't like to say in case it made me look dense.

Well, everything in the other video (Riding in the Rancher, the guy on foot, and the heli movement) look exactly like what I see now in MTA.

But the Hummer movement is great!

(Don't sound dense; but be honest. I'm not gonna sit here and lie about it. lol)

Well, everything in the other video (Riding in the Rancher, the guy on foot, and the heli movement) look exactly like what I see now in MTA.

But the Hummer movement is great!

(Don't sound dense; but be honest. I'm not gonna sit here and lie about it. lol)

Right.. you havent got an eye for smoothness then, or there's something else wrong (not with MTA).

We′ve probably found a way to dramatically improve the smoothness in the MTA 0.4 client. With help of some new methods of reading and writing some gamedata, instead of using the old method we actually used since the beginning of this whole multiplayer mod, we can now, hopefully, play the next MTA version much smoother.

Can you use these methods also for the next new core (0.4)? Or do you need to created a whole new client?

Weird.. When I played the first vid, it was all jumpy.

Then I reinstalled the codec and it was fine.

For your information.. bandwidth remains the same. I believe the current lag is caused by API lag.