Second Camera

Bonsai

Hey Peeps,

I remember some arena interior with a big screen inside.

On this screen you can see parts of the track while driving.

It actually shows the players.

I haven't notice any lags while being there so it doesn't just seem to a trick as in various rear view mirror scripts.

Doesn't this mean there is something included in GTA that would make a second camera possible?

Bonsai

There is a dxDraw function to draw your screen again in another position, if you would resize this to a smaller view it would just work find. The function uses the clientRender and won't lag if you write it carefully. :) DxCreateScreenSource

He want create another screen source with another position. Currently is possible to set position, "catch" screen and draw but it takes too much frames.

Would be nice to create another cameras or maybe add new CULL entry (CULL is GTA system for mirrors and screens like in 8-track stadium interior).

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...
Yeah, would have been awesome.

But I hardly thing something like this or any other major suggestion will make it into MTA before the development is stopped, which apparently doesn't seem to be that far away.

From that gtaforums topic I linked, it seems to me that this area was never actually researched (to programmatically add CULLs or at least the mirrors/screens).

• 3 weeks later...

A little bump. Propably adding new CULL will not be useful for live screens etc. Only for mirrors. I tried to move 8 track screen but all parameters exclude flag (2 = moving camera?) has no effect. I think it's hardcoded :(

CULL entry for that (data/maps/cull.ipl):

-1399.83, -208.103, 1039.34, 0, 120.187, 1039.34, 173.006, 0, 1157.71, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 

(you need enable "use customized GTA:SA files" in options)