Lagger

Guest lukemax

Hi

Im playing on LAN but the game has SO MUCH lag its unbelivable i type sometihng in and it doesnt get to the other computer for one whole minute even when i go to the other pc player it takes a minute for me to arrive on there screen a minutes after i was there!

Is there any way i can inprove the LAN connectson and make the LAG less laggey?

ALso after 10 mins the lesser machine times out and doesnt work disconnects from the server.

The server is on the better of the 2 machines should i swap this?

Luke

Edited by Guest

1. Try closing any other programs/processes and see if thats the issue

2. Make sure you have all the MTA ports open. I think you just need whatever port the server uses open.

3. Do the same on the other machine

If that doesn't help, wait for someone else to try and help :roll:

Hum .. well if the menssage dosent get to the other pc . that could be packet drops . make sure u have a "good" router . or hub . cause my friend had a old on . it have him like 2mbps on LAN . which is 100mb on "normal" hubs or routers.

Try switching servers from one pc to the other also ...

really dude, if it lags on lan, something is fuxxored up with u of ur firewalls bkuz lan runs 100mbps last i checked

:roll:

Not all LANs do. If you have one of those USB > Ethernet convertors, you end up with 10 Base-T because USB 1.0 is only limited to 12mbps.

Be sure to run spyware and virus checks on both of your LAN computers. Even though your LAN may be quite fast, if both of your computers are being bogged down because of processes, then it is very possible that you are experiencing a choppy game.