So in .4 frame limiter will be forced to be on?

Guest Dzine

:?: why is that? because people with slower machines will suck, and people with faster machines will be good because of a advantage? :?: i just wanna know the reason if its gonna be forced to be on hehe

U just said the reverse thing . Frame limiter helps keep the game in a balanced speed . If you have a fair speed and this person has a big fatass computer . his frame rates will be forced to be near yours . or the game standars . So .. basicly it will be "fair"

P.s : someone correct me if im wrong on this , donno much bout it ...

Fast computer, technically, means better frame rates.

Turning the frame limiter OFF allows your frame rate to surpass the default 30 frame rates (when it's ON)..

Well, to make a long story even longer, the result is faster movement.. Supposidly.

However, I've noticed it's harder to hit others with it off, and also, you are easier to hit.

If anything, it's more of a DISADVANTAGE, skill-wise.

However, it makes your game smoother.

:D

90% of the time, you can't even tell when someone has it off...

:roll::roll:

(^ Awaits for someone to disagree. Yep, I bet you can tell. No, really. I'm sure you can. Yep.)

:shock:

:?: why is that? because people with slower machines will suck, and people with faster machines will be good because of a advantage? :?: i just wanna know the reason if its gonna be forced to be on hehe

Who said?

I use frame limiter because it crashes my machine without it, go figure, but in the 5 minutes I can play, it will run about 120fps on min settings...which would give me a noticable advantage...well assuming I could learn to adjust to playing at double speed. Frame limiting makes the game more stable and more fair, anyone who has a serious problem with it probably use the bug lol.

frame limiters off can provide an advantage in the right situation, but it helps out people with pos computers more then it gives a very small advantage to people with fast computers. so i dont see it as an option thats going to be forced either way anytime soon

in sof2, i use to get 20 fps cause of my 500mhz comp, and i was damn good with 20 fps.. there should be NO excuse for the frame limiter forced.

For sure Jon

It's easy to take this for granite but sometimes it's good to weigh you're complaint against the realization that you're playing Vice City online free.

in sof2, i use to get 20 fps cause of my 500mhz comp, and i was damn good with 20 fps.. there should be NO excuse for the frame limiter forced.

Sof is server side Dzine but with this game your 20 frames would make you real hard to kill so it's not an even comparison...

Your point is everyone can kill and that is true. What these complaints are mainly is the so called "elite" who are complaining about the slightest edge someone gets.. In the bigger picture it's basically fair. But aside from frames there is loading times and even with slow rates fast computers will load walls and trees faster... it will always be uneven.

Ransom just wants it open who is using what and if it isn't difficult to do Im not against it

but it helps out people with pos computers more then it gives a very small advantage to people with fast computers

Actually a PC that struggles to run vice city smoothly will get a slight performance increase by turning the frame limiter ON rather than leaving it OFF.

but it helps out people with pos computers more then it gives a very small advantage to people with fast computers

Actually a PC that struggles to run vice city smoothly will get a slight performance increase by turning the frame limiter ON rather than leaving it OFF.

holy shit i just learned something :shock: lol thats different then i have heard thru my mta experience but since ur a dev il take ur word for it ;P