Realistic Night Problem

Hello guys,

i wanna make a extrem realistic night effect for my RPG Server but i got a problem i wanna set the skycolor with a timer to black and this not directly because it have to be going slowly to black at 22 o clock it have to be complete to a black sky and at 4 o clock morning it have to be going slowly to the normal sky color. But i poste this problem in other forums but nobody can help me with it :( the problem is with my script: the color of the sky didnt going to black :o only gray and not the full skyarea. I got 0 errors

My script:

setTimer (function()  
    local hour = getTime().hour 
    if hour >= 22 or hour <= 4 then 
        setSkyGradient( 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ) 
    else 
        resetSkyGradient() 
    end 
end, 300000, 0) 

if is this fix it i wanna add a contrast dark effect to make the houses cars and all the things with the same brightness but how??

I hope anybody can help me with it

But sorry for my bad english

I poste the Meta file:

"MrGTAmodsgerman" type="script" name="Realistic Nightsky" version="1.0.0" />   

Thanks but now at 22:04 the sky is black, at 22:03 is the sky dark blue but what is that?

the skycolor has to be change with the time to 22:00 on 21:59 is the sky very dark gray u know what i mean?

like in reallife, it comes darker darker darker and then at 4:00 it change with the timer to the normal color as resetSkyGradient You know?

i add good effects now:

setTimer (function()  
    local hour, minute = getTime ( ) 
        setSkyGradient(0, 0, 0, 5, 5, 5) 
        setFarClipDistance(80) 
    else 
        resetSkyGradient() 
        resetFarClipDistance() 
    end 
end, 300000, 0) 

EDIT: I set the time in the admin panel to 3:58 and get this

9jgbwp.png

:shock: What is that? how i can fix that, it looks good but its to dark i cant drive :lol:

What is the reason of this effect?

At 5:04 the Big Effect turn off

m9nixj.png

You can use interpolateBetween for a nice smooth effect when changing sky color.

like this?

setTimer (function()  
    local hour, minute = getTime ( ) 
        interpolateBetween 
        setSkyGradient(0, 0, 0, 5, 5, 5) 
        setFarClipDistance(80) 
    else 
        resetSkyGradient() 
        resetFarClipDistance() 
    end 
end, 300000, 0) 

• Moderators
Did you read the page abut the function? I don't think so.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/interpolateBetween

I read the function but i dint need a postion coordinates

It's just some maths, you can give the starting gradient and the ending one (of course you need to use 2 interpolate between since you have 6 values to fade nicely).

The function doesn't care if the values you are giving will be then used for sky gradient or to set the position of an object or a gui/dx element. They are just numbers.

That function will just go from the start numbers to the ending ones using the easing function you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you read the page abut the function? I don't think so.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/interpolateBetween

I read the function but i dint need a postion coordinates

It's just some maths, you can give the starting gradient and the ending one (of course you need to use 2 interpolate between since you have 6 values to fade nicely).

The function doesn't care if the values you are giving will be then used for sky gradient or to set the position of an object or a gui/dx element. They are just numbers.

That function will just go from the start numbers to the ending ones using the easing function you want.

Where i can find the coordination of the sky? it is possible to import simple a timycyc.dat file?

• Moderators
Where i can find the coordination of the sky? it is possible to import simple a timycyc.dat file?

There is no coordinate to get ... Please read again my post. Feel free to use google translate if english isn't your native language.

There is no coordinate to get ... Please read again my post. Feel free to use google translate if english isn't your native language.

Ah i have to set the sky with the easing function it automaticly put a start and a ending in the sky right?