Samuri character

It would be better if you had a gamemode, dedicated exclusivley to melee weapons, katana, chainsaw, hammers, butcher knife etc.

Otherwise yea, get as close as you want with that katana, ill just fire my stubby. i win! :mrgreen:

Besides, you won't see Samurais in Miami, I can tell you that.
Probably not. but there's a ton of fucked up shit that you can see in Vice City.

samurai style is open combat so of course a gun would win (and thats also the reason why the samurais died, european ppl brought guns to japan and tadaa everything changed :? )

so i would suggest a ninja instead of a sam

-->ninja is the only person who cant be seen on radar

-->1 hit with the katana kills (of course the katana is his only weapon and maybe make it so that he cant pick up other weapons, if he could everyone would choose him)

and maybe give him the ability to choose from a set of spawns + when he spawns he gets a pcj600

than it would be an interesting career imo and i would play him alot :)

/me waits for eAi to post something like "wait for the new core"

Thank you.

You see - someone who has vision :D

I like the idea of no radar blip, but if you're in a fight and someone with no blip and a weapon that can kill with one stroke comes at you from behind, what chance have you got?

Of course, if you practice enough with the katana you can kill peds with one stroke, but it usually takes two, thus giving the opponent a chance to retaliate. Maybe have the same with this character?

[...]thats also the reason why the samurais died, european ppl brought guns to japan and tadaa everything changed[...]

I thought gunpowder was first discovered in China and first came to Japan from there for rich feudal lords to use against their enemies. I could be wrong though...

I agree with Vendetta, Samurais don't really fit into Vice City, the Ninja idea was better though. I think the radar invisibility should be used in an objective-centered game mode, like some missions or something...

But the ninja seems more like fit for some special game mode, not normal DM.

indeed, adding a ninja or samurai char to normal DM would be just too much change

Thank you.

You see - someone who has vision :D

I like the idea of no radar blip, but if you're in a fight and someone with no blip and a weapon that can kill with one stroke comes at you from behind, what chance have you got?

what chance would you have in real life? he didnt watch his back so its his fault

Of course, if you practice enough with the katana you can kill peds with one stroke, but it usually takes two, thus giving the opponent a chance to retaliate. Maybe have the same with this character?

i would like it 1 stroke from behind and 2-3 from left/right/front and correct me if im wrong but i think the only 1hit-kill-katana-strokes in sp are the body pierce and when you slice someones head off and as far as i remeber these anims dont work in mta, at least not yet (dunno why, maybe synching)