Show if frame limiters are on or off

I think it would be nice to be able to look on the scoreboard or something and see a simple "Frame Limiter" - "On" or "Off" to show if a person has their frame limiter on or not. This could tie into some server admin option to kick them if its on because lots of people want to keep frame limiter on so the person with the super computer isn't getting quicker running, shooting, etc.

Its also good to know for competitions to make sure theres fair play.

And a list of tasks that person is running as well

not on the scoreboard i hope :lol: , bvut with all this acess to others computers, isnt there a few exploits in windows ur not thinking of that MTAMA might open up with some of these features? :roll:

Yes and we'd also like to know whether ppl are downloading anything when they're playing MTA and what that is too :).

Thats what ping is for.

And a list of tasks that person is running as well :roll:

anyways ransom that sounds like a good idea. I don't see how it could that hard to do either.

Knowing if the frame limiter is on or off is important during competitions because someone with a super computer can get a huge advantage. I've had people firing a shot and a half by the time I've gotten one. Obviously you can't totally balance everyone, but the frame limiter makes a huge difference. If you have a friend with a super computer, try it sometime. Its basically like turning on turbo mode. Of course slower computers have slower framerates than normal, but thats no reason to feel that the frame limiter is okay to have off.

Ransom I was makeing a joke to Prokopis's comment.

"anyways ransom that sounds like a good idea. I don't see how it could that hard to do either."

anyhow it ment to say that I liked the idea and I didn't think it would be that hard to implement.

and you didn't have to explain I know the ways the framelimiter can be used for evil.

someone with a super computer can get a huge advantage.

Yea, thats too bad. This is like a tax on the ppl who can afford good systems, if your computer cant keep up, its time to upgrade. The only way you can ensure "fair play" is if eveyone is running the exact same computer, with vice on the same settings. There's bound to be advantages on the hardware end of things, and i dont think you should be penalizing a player, or even have the option to as the admin, because he has a faster pc. what a crock of shit :evil:

besides that, turning the frame limiter off solves some problems, atleast for me, when i play. if i turn it ON, i see nothing but lod's while driving.

i don't like this idea, cause when a vehicle explodes (or bumps into something), my pc lags like hell with framelimiter on, but it doesn't with framelimiter off, so framelimiter on for me would make me slow down, MUCH

someone with a super computer can get a huge advantage.

Yea, thats too bad. This is like a tax on the ppl who can afford good systems, if your computer cant keep up, its time to upgrade. The only way you can ensure "fair play" is if eveyone is running the exact same computer, with vice on the same settings. There's bound to be advantages on the hardware end of things, and i dont think you should be penalizing a player, or even have the option to as the admin, because he has a faster pc. what a crock of shit :evil:

besides that, turning the frame limiter off solves some problems, atleast for me, when i play. if i turn it ON, i see nothing but lod's while driving.

Well if your pc(s) are so great, why won't it work with frame limiter on? Thats a laugh. Anyways, as I said it is never going to be completely equal, but the frame limiter makes a huge difference if you have a super computer. What you're basically saying is if you paid more for a hunk of metal you should be able to play faster than others just because your computer can handle it? Doesn't sound right to me.

Most times people just turn it off so they can can shoot faster, move faster, etc. than others which is really sad. Especially when they hold a grudge against someone and they will do anything they can to avoid being beat you see this scenario. But yes I guess there are cases where people need their frame limiter off for some reason or other.

y the hell do you have to know if/what someones dling?

Actually that was meant to be taken as a joke...

Point is, ppl with fast connections playing MTA could start p2p d/l's or any other BW hogging transfers and effectively slow their con's speed down as much as they'd want. That way they could create any sort of artificial lag and gain an advantage on the rest of the players fighting them lag-free up to that point. This clearly is an unethical method of playing/fighting and could even be a cause for banning IMO - although manipulating your BW to win more fights in MTA would take some serious "micro" :D.

Yes that is true, but pings will show if your connection is laggy. That also tries to point out theres so many factors that showing the frame limiter isn't useful enough. But as I said, the frame limiter makes a huge difference and there is no way to prove someone has it off, but usually you can tell who does (without proof though) by their rate of fire, running speed, driving speed, etc.

I just think its a nice thing to have when people want to have a fair fight during competitons and such.

I dunno, there are so many things you could do to affect smooth MTA gameplay that you'd need tons of info just to keep everything fair and in check. There's also the fact that such changes might be somewhat violating in regard to personal data and privacy thereof.

Hell knows, I'm all for a cheat-free MTA experience myself, but there are places you just can't go to achieve it and things like running processes, connection stats and current status, memory lookups (or whatever), ingame options like frame limiter, files in my GTA dirs, etc are just some of the things no1 else has any business knowing about on my comp other than me; the notion of "more security, less freedom" is one I've never agreed with. Besides, there are other methods to work with towards better cheat prevention and detection and I'm sure those will be utilized soon enough in future versions of the mod.

(End of rant)

BTW the frame limiter is just annoying, esp when you're trying to stunt with a PCJ. Last thing I need is a game running at 2x+ speeds when I'm running into lighting poles :/.

Keep in mind though, I'm suggesting it only show the status of your frame limiter, being on or off. It would not be forced.

I don't think someone knowing if your frame limiter is your innermost personal sercret, I mean is it really that big of a deal to you if someone can see if your frame limiter is on or off.

I already can predict your comeback "Well then we'll be thought of as cheaters" well to that I say you just tell them your situation and if they want a fair fight they should turn their limiters off also when playing you.

A more reasonable way would be to add an option for servers that can control if frame limiter must be on, have the choice of on or off, or possibly servers where they must be off.

I don't think this is really an issue right now. From what I gather by the previous posts, it's only a minority of people who have an advantage.

So therefore, in mind of the issues such an implementation would have, it would be best to put this topic aside until it becomes an issue.

Edit: I need to find more synonyms for "issue"... :roll: