Complaints/Questions about Forum moderators

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prokopis:

Yes, your right, some people do need to pay more attention to the small details that actually help others, But the thing is if we replay to every post like that (even though now adays the amount of posts like that, has gone down I think, i don't know exactly I just check gangs section now, it needs a mod to itself practically) it would be a hard days work, while copy and pasting the same reply makes it faster...

And if we were to give them the answer the first time, they'll ask again, and a again and never actually learn to search, which in turn gives us more work...

And as for editing posts, I'll try to watch myself next tiem i edit some posts, but some mods don't want people to know they did it (script kiddies, are still, script kiddies). So they might just want to go unknown when they lock or edit posts, I can understand that myself but usualy I make it pretty clear its me.

Pointblank : The rank is yours.

Super mods can edit tags not just admins.

And sion, this is mostly forum based, but you may ask about servers anyway some of the mods might be able to help anyway.

and LaMaBoY is right, one of the reasons we dont got many flamers against our admins or mods or creators aroudn here anymore, Ban on sight has saved us a lot of work. I dont care what anyone says, it's a good system :)

(ban on sight is for mostly the extreme cases, not everyone, we have lately, been giving out a lot of warnings so were getting better :) )

i want you to do sumthink about "CrapAss"'s sig

it is a big pile of crap and i doent want to see it every time i see 1 of his posts

rob and me had to clean some gang topics and now hes banned and btw, only admins and supermods can edit sigs and set bans... so we are pretty screwed when none of them are around to ban someone

i want you to do sumthink about "CrapAss"'s sig

it is a big pile of crap and i doent want to see it every time i see 1 of his posts

rob and me had to clean some gang topics and now hes banned and btw, only admins and supermods can edit sigs and set bans... so we are pretty screwed when none of them are around to ban someone

but who's CrapAss? I never saw him around in here :?:

:| Can you not read?

One page back:

Well it was first serious as only 1 person had it (Iggy) and he was a beta tester. Then however major spamming came from every direction and it still does today from people wanting the rank because they think it means they will get to beta test automatically.

Well, the truth is that just lowers your chances if you're a huge spammer, but if you get there with legit posts and you don't do inappropiate things you might have a good chance to actually test once you get the rank.

As for co-tester as the name, I guess that means you test betas closer to release and test less perhaps. If not, just some bad wording.

Oh as said before, its people on IRC that have a chance to be selected, so if you're not on irc.multitheftauto.com in #mta, then it doesn't matter if you're in the forums for 2+ years and have 3000 posts, you still won't beta test.

Might as well just make it "You get to be an MTA Co-Tester once you get 1,000 posts and are actively supported in the MTA community", or something along those lines.

:shock:

And yes, I can read.

But I prefer to make the post myself that way I get closer to 1,000 posts to become an MTA Co-Tester. ( :lol: ... Just kidding. I must have missed that post...)

:D

Here's my complaint:

Why am I being threatened to have my post count reset for spamming when I don't spam?

My posts per day is 31, yes, but that's simply because I've been registered only since April 26th. People post more than I do have been registered since Oct/Nov, so their PPD isn't as high...

I suggest you threaten the real spammers, not me, simply because I post often...

Just because I read the forum several times and post my opinions when I read something, isn't spam.

If you want me to name some spammers, I'd be glad to.

I appreciate any sort of response...

Here's my complaint:

Why am I being threatened to have my post count reset for spamming when I don't spam?

My posts per day is 31, yes, but that's simply because I've been registered only since April 26th. People post more than I do have been registered since Oct/Nov, so their PPD isn't as high...

I suggest you threaten the real spammers, not me, simply because I post often...

Just because I read the forum several times and post my opinions when I read something, isn't spam.

If you want me to name some spammers, I'd be glad to.

I appreciate any sort of response...

its nsty when u come to the main forum page and u see in all sections last post made by "The Vendetta"

and u need always the last post in a thread

btw i dont wanna see ur postcount at 0, i want u to slow down