Mac Version?

Guest Lt.Patterson101st

LOL detb what happend to your post count 15

come to think of it i think my new post count has something to do with me saying that macs suck after eai said not to... :lol:

Me neither, actually. I dont think the Macintosh is an attractive platform for games. It's more for design and stuff like that, i guess.

I don't really know much about Macs, but I heard that they're really good at processing images at high speed, hence their use in professional imaging. Surely this would make them perfect for games?

I haven't seen any Mac-exclusive games - only multi-platform ones like UT2004 and Warcraft 3. Windows seems to have over 90% of the market, so no commercial developer is going to develop for a platform with such a low uptake (I mean low as a percentage of course).

The disadvantage is that Macs are rediculously expensive. They are the "Cadillacs" of personal computers as my dad likes to call them. However, a Mac is worth every cent of what you pay for it. You are definately getting a high quality computer if you buy a Mac. It isn't all bad, though. The Mac platform has attracted the attention of a lot of coders, so there is some pretty good freeware available for the Mac and more coming out every day. The gaming isn't so strong yet, but it is getting there.

• 2 weeks later...
wine...wineX...shesh i get the feeling I'm glad I'm an M$ consumer whore lmao

i'm actually glad i'm completely M$-free now. i had dual boot for a while, but got rid of windows lately, cuz i never used it anyway.

did you know Vice City runs better on WineX then on windows?

and i dont agree that macs suck. i'd rather have a mac then windoze XP. XP is a lot worse then win2000, so i really dont wanna see what longhorn will be like :(

my feeling tells me linux is better then mac, but thats probably not true anymore, since OS X is just a BSD, which is also based on Unix. ah well, i'd even dualboot linux and mac for a while, to see what mac is like, if only it would run on amd...