Mac Version?

Guest Lt.Patterson101st

I very much doubt it - not in the forseeable future anyway. I don't know much about Macs, but the memory hacking wouldn't work in the same way (if at all), so all code would need to be completely rewritten from scratch. (I didn't even know that there were Mac versions of GTA 3 / VC).

Anyway, I'm sure the developers will be able to elaborate on this further.

There isn't even a version of GTA for mac afaik? There is a project called Darwine that is porting WINE (http://www.winehq.org) to Darwin (that OSX runs off), so perhaps once (if) thats complete, you should be able to run GTA and MTA on Macs.

eAi

Btw, don't anyone dare start mac-bashing in this post.

Aww man thats sad... :(

Also people say macs suck becuase the lack of Advertisment and most gammers dont use em sooo whatever... :P My macs really reliable

I would say Mac is almost equaly wiht windows now that the new mac had come . so i wont say its bad or good . cause everyone has their own opnium bout it . But . Riht now there's not MTA fr mac so u'll be better with windows XP . BUT dont lose ur faith , as eAi said . The're working on it :D

yeah , Mac and Linux are indeed complicated for newcomers. But if you use Vice City with WineX on Linux you have no crashes etc. Its not Linux's fault your games dont run on it without Wine or WineX , its the game developers fault. Im happy MTA atleast made a Linux server tool...

Xanni

I think MACs work great, but I don't like their design. Also, its their fault because they try to seperate themselves from the market, only running game CDs specifically created for MAC among other discrimination. :P As of now they supposedly have the most powerful cpu in the world, G5.

Mac is only realy efficient with image processing , everone who ever player Riven or Myst , those games where rendered with Mac's , can see that. It realy looks perfect... The only reason Mac's G5 is so fast with images is because of the RISC architecture (if im not mistaken) , Mac (the OS itself) is built on GNU Source code. And GNU is like Linux. Even some parts of Windows where taken from Linux. I dont think porting MTA to MAC at the moment is a good choice , Better first make the Windows version perfect.

Xanni

• 2 weeks later...

Mac is the only good graphical implementation of unix. It has a great window manager, and the tcsh (I think) shell underneath. Plus the software for Mac is excellent, and many files are compatible with Windows. And more Mac games are coming out; they just released Unreal Tournament 2004 for Mac, and I'm hooked. Hopefully they will release Vice City for Mac someday. I wish the world would just scrap Windows, such an infinately inferior operating system :-/

Well , Mac is an operating system that has potential , its fast , light , it doesn has many security flaws , but it only runs on PowerPC's and other Machnitos only PC's. Linux runs on every PC even on " Mac PC's " . Anyways , MTA and GtaT can be ported to Linux , MTa because it uses C++ and GtaT because it is written in Delphi , and there is a compiler for Linux for Delphi (does that makes sense?).

Xanni

Yes, but unless R* port Vice City to Mac, there'd be no point. As VC uses DirectX and not OpenGL, it'd be harder, as they'd have to rewrite their graphics functions. Anyway, thats not going to happen.

eAi

it doesn has many security flaws

There's a difference between not having many and not having many exposed. I think you'd find a lot more if Macs were as widely used as Windows PCs (not that I'm defending Microsoft of course).

yeah , I wonder why , it isnt so hard... Dice did it with UT2004...

Xanni

Nope, Epic did it with 2k4. Dice don't seem to be very good at writing engines - they seem to have really poor performance. But I digress.