Need a Lobby / MultiGameMode

Dr.Blade

My advice: stop trying to copy other servers with this multigamemode hype and make something yourself. Hey, you could even be original while you're at it. That way every server is a different experience with something new to offer. Now that's much better than a bunch of FFS clones which all offer a pale imitation of the same server, don't you think?

My advice: stop trying to copy other servers with this multigamemode hype and make something yourself. Hey, you could even be original while you're at it. That way every server is a different experience with something new to offer. Now that's much better than a bunch of FFS clones which all offer a pale imitation of the same server, don't you think?

Actually, if you got a decent lobby system, you can offer the best experience for the players, since they can all be on the same server, talk to each other, and still can play in completely different gamemodes. Also, this might save money for hosting, depends on the way you do it.

And its hardly FFS cloning, its evolution, more or less.

Actually, if you got a decent lobby system, you can offer the best experience for the players, since they can all be on the same server, talk to each other, and still can play in completely different gamemodes. Also, this might save money for hosting, depends on the way you do it.

And its hardly FFS cloning, its evolution, more or less.

Exactly.

There's no such thing as "cloning" in scripting unless you steal functions from someone.

It's not stealing or cloning, it's simply how things are nowadays in this century, as it seems lobby gamemodes have become a trend in racing. Back in the day there were no lobbies, now that the software is more stable and more functions and features have come up, making a lobby is possible and indeed a great choice instead of having 5 race servers for individual gamemodes.

Of course always it is preferred if you can take that idea and develop it further, perhaps even better than what the servers currently have.

You can still talk to other players from different servers through the callRemote() function. Honestly the only advantage multigamemode has is possibly cheaper hosting. And that's assuming that it doesn't put excessive load on the server in the first place. That and the fact it's a pretty gimmick.

I've yet to see a multigamemode server as good as the original FFS one, and although I appreciate how much work people put into these scripts, I think it's a lot of wasted effort trying to copy one server instead of introducing some variety.

Again I'm not hating on anyone. Creating a multigamemode lobby is a brilliant achievement, I'm just sick of people coming on these forums and begging for this specific script instead of thinking creatively :)