[REL]Clan War System (CWS) V1.2.0

Et-win

Nop, nor ever did Big Black.

well, that's a huge flaw. how do you think people will be able to quickly learn how many players left alive in one team or another? press tab and manually count them? okay, spectators and those who are dead by that moment can do it, even though it's tedious, but what if a player that is still alive and driving wants to know how many players are left alive? does he also have to open the tab and count manually? let's be serious.

since you're making the best cw script, it has got to have the best features from the other clanwar resources. both clanwar and clanwar2 scripts show how many people are alive in each team:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=2018

https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=3577

Didn't see it as very necessary, but yes I will add, although I have no idea where to put it, especially in Deluxe.

it's a convenient feature and there's no need to change it. though, i gotta warn you, it seems like it's hard to make the feature work properly, afaik both of the scripts sometimes show an incorrect ammount of alive players. even the almighty guys from -ffs- couldn't make it work right:

(Picture)

you can clearly see that 1 of their guys is alive yet the script says that there're 0 alive players. so yea, you'll have to put some extra care into implementing this feature as it's apparently hard to do.

If you didn't have any bug for the switching to a new map at the map-end in CWS, then I already succeed with this! ;D

I did that once to prevent move-'wars' meanwhile playing. When the status is 'paused' or 'stopped' you are able to join teams or move players into teams. Can be removed.

it will cause even more wars, because cw manager might sometime forget to change the cw state or do it not as fast as opponents want it and it will just end in a mutual sh1t throwing and fights. so yea, it's a rather useless and harmful feature.

Actually true.

(Picture)

also, i don't think there's a need to display this message to unregistered/people who don't belong to a certain usergroup when they press f2. to be honest, i dont think there's a need for this message for the users that have all the permissions either. it's kinda messy.

Yush.

also, as i noticed the deluxe scoreboard doesn't show colours of teams anywhere. that's not very good. you could paint the tags of team like in the big black scoreboard or make something like this:

(Picture)

where the squares represent the colours of each clan.

the same applies to the score counter. the big black has this neat feature where it paints in green the score of the team that is leading and paints in red the score of the team that it losing. the deluxe scoreboard doesn't have that. features shouldn't be limited because of the size of the scoreboard.

I got told mulitply times that it was looking ugly, coloring the names. Now that I have thought about it, I will add a black line around the text so it will look better. (Just like the status messages + A setting) Same for the score-colors.

another idea would be to automatically set some certain type of weather and time once someone reaches the hunter.

I got/had a lot of ideas which were not necessary, but I would see it more to add in a V2

PS: I love your extremely long feedbacks =w=

I have no idea where to put it, especially in Deluxe.

something like this for example:

ebRQRzQ.png

If you didn't have any bug for the switching to a new map at the map-end in CWS, then I already succeed with this! ;D

i havent checked it, actually. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I got told mulitply times that it was looking ugly, coloring the names.

it's a basic feature for cw scripts actually. both clanwar and clanwar2 have it as well as that ffs cw script that i mentioned above. tg cw script does it as well, et cetera, et cetera.

I love your extremely long feedbacks

you're welcome. :)

Clan War System

-Version 1.1.1-

Released!

Changelog since version 1.1.0

08-03-2015

+A setting for the RACE gamemode to set the name of the RACE resource

+A setting for a custom position for all scoreboards

+More settings for 'Big Black' scoreboard: Draw team/tag-texts in color, Draw score-texts in color

+Alive-count for 'Big Black scoreboard with settings (Draw alive-texts in color, Always show alive-texts)

+More settings for 'Deluxe' scoreboard: Draw tag-texts in color(, Draw shadow behind tag-texts), Draw score-texts in color

+Alive-count for 'Deluxe' scoreboard with settings (Draw alive-texts in color, Always show alive-texts)

+Possibility to set a bind to 'None'

+Buttons to change the status with in Management Panel>Score (Which is now Score/Status)

+Fella into credits in Management Panel>About: Lots of feedback

*'Big Black' scoreboard lines were always drawn on top of GUI's

*Settings>Client>Scoreboard was not remembered as last selected tab

*Language (1 word was not translated)

*Changing the Join Team window command (Didn't remove the old command, but did add the new command)

-Quick Management

-Block joining or moving into teams

-Ridiculous messages

(Date/Month/Year)

Don't forget to report bugs, glitches, typo's, idea's, suggestions or more!

Have fun!

i noticed that when the cw state is set to running it's impossible to scroll down the map list:

saBqtgo.png

it would be more convenient if it was possible to scroll it and also, it would be cool if it showed which map is being played at the moment. kinda like this:

6UkJr80.png

also, as i understand regular players don't have any possibility to check the maps list and can't learn anyhow which maps are left, which one is running and which one will be the next?

i noticed that when trying to join the team in which you're already the script displays this message:

mwO3EhA.png

it's kinda misleading.

also, i noticed that maps between rounds change almost immediately, is it possible to have a 5 seconds delay, kinda like the regular race has? this extra time is needed to manage the team or say something in chat.

Thanks for putting me in the credits, it's an honour for me, but could you change my nickname? Fella is just the name of my forum account, while everywhere in mta I'm known as "Kiss|My|Skillz". Thanks in advance. :)

And also could you put a link to your script on the mta community when you realease an update? The autoupdate feature is currently disabled, so the only way to get an updated version is to download it from the mta community.

by the way, i noticed that when a cw is running, spectators get teleported away from the map and then get blown immediately? that's a very nice touch actually that will be usefull for DD cws. very nice.

i noticed that when the cw state is set to running it's impossible to scroll down the map list:

(Picture)

it would be more convenient if it was possible to scroll it and also, it would be cool if it showed which map is being played at the moment. kinda like this:

(Picture)

also, as i understand regular players don't have any possibility to check the maps list and can't learn anyhow which maps are left, which one is running and which one will be the next?

'guiSetEnable' disables indeed everything of the map list inculding the scrollbar, not my fault. (The whole tab gets disabled)

The map currently being played can be added.

CWS's Management Panel is indeed only available for the people who are in the allowed groups.

i noticed that when trying to join the team in which you're already the script displays this message:

(Picture)

it's kinda misleading.

:D Yup.

also, i noticed that maps between rounds change almost immediately, is it possible to have a 5 seconds delay, kinda like the regular race has? this extra time is needed to manage the team or say something in chat.

Not sure if the system of CWS can handle that when I want to put that in.

Thanks for putting me in the credits, it's an honour for me, but could you change my nickname? Fella is just the name of my forum account, while everywhere in mta I'm known as "Kiss|My|Skillz". Thanks in advance. :)

And also could you put a link to your script on the mta community when you realease an update? The autoupdate feature is currently disabled, so the only way to get an updated version is to download it from the mta community.

by the way, i noticed that when a cw is running, spectators get teleported away from the map and then get blown immediately? that's a very nice touch actually that will be usefull for DD cws. very nice.

thumbsup.png

The link of this topic is posted there. When they copy-paste this into their browser they will get on the front page and see the download link of the community there.

thumbsup.png

Atm I don't see a lot of reasons to make an update for CWS immediately.

• 9 months later...
+Add

- Add colors to the missiles (clan color)

*Fix

- Sometimes, the automatic map system skip some maps

-Remove

Nothing.

Sorry, but currently I'm not working on any project anymore for MTA, but I saw that most maps get skipped in my own server suddenly, while it was working good before. Will will look into it maybe when I have more time. (So not soon :roll: )

• 4 months later...

Hello, I want to thank you for this amazing CW resource, it's simply the best one I've ever seen. But could you please tell me how I can change the binds/scoreboard position and everything like that FOR ALL PLAYERS. Meaning that they shouldn't have to go into /settings and change "Client" stuff on their own. I need this because at the moment all my F keys are bound to other resources and I want to use the num_div and num_mul for the "Select Team" and "Management Panel"...and it works FOR ME. Others must edit their /settings in order to change what I want to be as default for everybody (again, my settings would be best as the ones which come by default overlapse with F buttons and the map timeleft box at the top. I see you've been busy lately but can you have a look at this and probably make an option which disables "Client" /settings and puts an admin's "Client" /settings as default for everyone? That's the only thing stopping me from using your amazing script. I'm really looking forward to another *small* update which contains this as I think a lot of people would want that option in. Cheers!

Hello, I want to thank you for this amazing CW resource, it's simply the best one I've ever seen. But could you please tell me how I can change the binds/scoreboard position and everything like that FOR ALL PLAYERS. Meaning that they shouldn't have to go into /settings and change "Client" stuff on their own. I need this because at the moment all my F keys are bound to other resources and I want to use the num_div and num_mul for the "Select Team" and "Management Panel"...and it works FOR ME. Others must edit their /settings in order to change what I want to be as default for everybody (again, my settings would be best as the ones which come by default overlapse with F buttons and the map timeleft box at the top. I see you've been busy lately but can you have a look at this and probably make an option which disables "Client" /settings and puts an admin's "Client" /settings as default for everyone? That's the only thing stopping me from using your amazing script. I'm really looking forward to another *small* update which contains this as I think a lot of people would want that option in. Cheers!

I made it on the most stupidest way you can make it: Inside the compiled script. Anyway, it would be easy to link the default buttons to a .xml file (meta.xml) instead of inside the script, so, could you at least test the script to check if it even still works properly? It doesn't work correctly in my server or the server is just not set-up correctly (Just before I work on anything lol) :lol:

I made it on the most stupidest way you can make it: Inside the compiled script. Anyway, it would be easy to link the default buttons to a .xml file (meta.xml) instead of inside the script, so, could you at least test the script to check if it even still works properly? It doesn't work correctly in my server or the server is just not set-up correctly (Just before I work on anything lol) :lol:

Well from what I've seen it works but another player said that he has tried it and has had bugs in map switching and stuff like that. At the moment I'm using the RaceLeague resource and am ok with it...but I love yours' style :v Maybe you can also kind of make an option which doesn't just count score like on a football match, but more like the raceleague one. These are just suggestions, ignore 'em if you want :)

PS I'd be happy to test the res if you need testing. I got a local server which is on whenever my PC is on (every day for some time :D) so that's no problem for me.

Well from what I've seen it works but another player said that he has tried it and has had bugs in map switching and stuff like that. At the moment I'm using the RaceLeague resource and am ok with it...but I love yours' style :v Maybe you can also kind of make an option which doesn't just count score like on a football match, but more like the raceleague one. These are just suggestions, ignore 'em if you want :)

PS I'd be happy to test the res if you need testing. I got a local server which is on whenever my PC is on (every day for some time :D) so that's no problem for me.

And also I have suddenly map-switching problems after I started playing for fun again after a while of not playing, while it was just working fine when I released. Also hiding the "Alive" text with the scoreboard (Deluxe I believe) suddenly didn't work anymore. Ow well, it's still nice no one took the effort to report bugs though, making it hard to fix stuff.

I see, as mine has a lot of more features, which makes the CW's much easier.

What do you mean with "Maybe you can also kind of make an option which doesn't just count score like on a football match, but more like the raceleague one." ?

Testing was never a problem, as I have 5 computers around. :roll: But always handy to let others test.

Fixing my own script will be a hard search though, as my script is a maze and I have no idea what suddenly affected the map-switching and "Alive" text, but could be fixed for sure.

What do you mean with "Maybe you can also kind of make an option which doesn't just count score like on a football match, but more like the raceleague one." ?

At the moment I think it adds 1 point for each team when the team wins. In RaceLeague it adds for example 15 points from 1st finished player, then 13 points from 2nd finished, etc. And the score goes beyond 400 for a team sometimes. Idk if you'd like that though. But yes, forget about suggestions, first need to make old stuff working again. If you need any kind of help, just ask (altho I can't script :D).

At the moment I think it adds 1 point for each team when the team wins. In RaceLeague it adds for example 15 points from 1st finished player, then 13 points from 2nd finished, etc. And the score goes beyond 400 for a team sometimes.

Ow I thought about that, but never knew how the system worked. Eg how many points etc.

first need to make old stuff working again.

Yup, if I ever have time :roll:

• 2 months later...

Clan War System

-Version 1.2.0-

Released!

So after a year of not scripting anything anymore, I felt like scripting again. So, I edited Clan War System again. Have fun with the update!

Changelog since version 1.1.1

16-07-2016

+Added 'client_config.xml' to change the client's default binds/commands when not set any

+Added the functionality to be able to scroll through the Maps-To-Play List when the status is 'started'

+Added the functionality to Management Panel that everyone is able to see the Maps-To-Play List

+Added the functionality to the Maps-To-Play List that you now can see which maps have to be played, is being played and have been played

+Added the functionality to the Map Switch System that the 'Next is LIVE' only starts the Clan War when you finish a map according to the saved settings of CWS

*Changed the Map Switch System and Check End Of Map System in order to make the two functionalities noted above here working, which also maybe fixes the rare skipping-maps bug

*Fixed the Updater, since it couldn't receive the downloadable-list anymore

*Fixed Scoreboard Deluxe's Alive-text, which was always visible when hiding the scoreboard on setting 'Fade'

*Fixed the bug which didn't give the last team alive a point when a full team left the server on the last map of the Clan War

*Fixed the bug when a full team left the server the status got 'stopped' instead of 'paused', which resetted the score

*Fixed the bug when a team died and got the win-point, followed by the full team rejoining and CWS would play the map again and another point could be won

*Fixed some messages and texts in the languages

*Cleaned the scripts a little bit

*Changed the credits

-Removed the changing car- and blip-colors when the status is not 'started'

(Date/Month/Year)

For the people who want the score to be points (eg: 1st: 15 points, 2nd: 13 points, etc): To add this feature, the whole "mapHandler" and "scoreChange" (As I called them) handlers have to be rebuild, which is too much work. Maybe, -very- maybe, a version 2.0.0 will be made, and then it's easier to add this feature.

About the "mapHandler" (Map Switch System): I couldn't find any bug which causes it to skip maps sometimes. Only when the race/mapmanager resource skip a map, CWS will play the map it will get switched to. Also when a map has respawn, it will fail because when a player respawns, CWS will see it as an alive-player.

Be sure your server DOES support the last-player RACE:DM function (Change map when everyone is dead) if you have this enabled in CWS. If you see the bug happening again, check if it happens with the same map constantly. If so (And if not), share the map and it will be checked! (Send as much information as you can, since it's hard to find the bug because it does not always happen)

Also I hope I have tested the Map Switch System, Check End Of Map System and Score System enough to be sure there are no bugs in it anymore. (Since I have edited them roughly) So if you see them, report them!

Don't forget to report bugs, glitches, typo's, idea's, suggestions or more!

Have fun!