[REL]Clan War System (CWS) V1.2.0

Et-win

authorship of the 2 cw scripts that we had before

I knew these exists and knew it was annoying to keep editing the score and maps left manually, which was actually the reason of starting to make this automatically CW script. I only never had started, until a player out of XIII (Shinja) requested it, so I started it. Though, I was not really sure or I would give authorship to Goomba which made these two scripts, just because everyone could've think of and create this script. Also I never have put in any 'copyright' into the script, only that this script is made by me.

the size of the score table is a bit too big + it completely dwarfs the somewhat default cw script for many servers + still play in the glorious 800x600 resolution

It is big yes. I actually never understood why I made it in the 'corner' instead of in the upper or lower screen in the middle. Also the idea was to give it some position options to keep it simple, but I forgot to add it. icon__facepalm.gif Ow well, it's a start of the resource, so why not an update later?

it would be great if all of the key elements of controlling a cw were in the same place + couldn't find where to change the ammount of maps that are left before end of cw

Will look into making the controlling simplier. And that's true you couldn't and can't find it, because I blocked that. At that point when I scripted the automatically map-changing function I actually had it hard with scripting it into the system, so I stopped. (That was some long time ago) Of course I learned alot more in scripting, which means I will be looking into this function as soon as possible.

add an option that lets to change vehicles headlight colour

I forgot this? Wow, that's stupid... I will just throw an option in so you can change all colors to your own like :P

it will sure make DD cw managers life a bit easier and cws themselves go smoother and for this panel which tells in which cases to give a point to one team or another

I'm not really sure what you meant with this?

--

Great reply with opinions! Thanks!

It is big yes. I actually never understood why I made it in the 'corner' instead of in the upper or lower screen in the middle. Also the idea was to give it some position options to keep it simple, but I forgot to add it. Image Ow well, it's a start of the resource, so why not an update later?

I'm glad that you agreed with me about the size of this thing, but in the same time i think that the current position of the table is the best one. of course you probably could put it in the middle somewhere, like in the cw script of Goomba:

BQ2fRUY.png

but it would it really make the difference? i'm not really sure about that. about editing the size of the scoreboard: i think you should remove displaying teams' names from it:

L8LJvfX.png

because it's not really necessary + some teams names can be really long like "european power drifting" for example. it will just take too much room and look ugly. just teams tags and their colours should be enough.

Also, perhaps the numbers in the score could be smaller a bit:

4R3W1ln.png

as well as the word "score" and this huge gap in the bottom of the scoreboard aren't really needed i suppose:

LXofN3U.png

I'm not really sure what you meant with this?

just wanted to thank you for adding this features in your script. :)

displaying teams' names

When the name is longer than the range where the text has been created in, the text will be moving from the right to the left. But this can be removed too yes.

perhaps the numbers in the score could be smaller a bit

Yup.

this huge gap in the bottom of the scoreboard

When I started with the scoreboard (This was the very first thing I created for Clan War System), I created the background of the scoreboard. In other words: I just had to script stuff in and indeed, this can be smaller.

just wanted to thank you for adding this features in your script.

thumbsup.png

--

The/Another idea of Clan War System is to make it to everyone's like. This means alot of options and functions. The options and functions which are now in the system are in my thought more than enough to start with. This means later more can be added, which is going to happen, but when? :)

The/Another idea of Clan War System is to make it to everyone's like. This means alot of options and functions. The options and functions which are now in the system are in my thought more than enough to start with. This means later more can be added, which is going to happen, but when? :)

Sure, go ahead if you think it's worth it, but keep in mind that by adding numerous options you might eventually overcomplicate interface of the script and it will be hard for users to navigate fast through it. Imo, you should start with editing already existing features, like the size of the scoreboard, i explained already in my previous message how it can be improved and i see that you agreed with some of my remarks, which is great. Another thing that can be improved is the cw managment panel, i think i mentioned already that it really needs a cw start/pause and stop buttons, you could put them somewhere here for example:

Gvg4NsW.png

as well as a counter that shows how many rounds are left before end of a cw, you probably could make the same menu as the ones that add/remove points to teams and place it somewhere here for example:

nZaYckK.png

And also I don't think that these "updates" and "about" tabs are really necessary in here, because they have nothing to do with actual clan war managment. I think it would be better to move them somewhere in the settings menu (F3).

When the name is longer than the range where the text has been created in, the text will be moving from the right to the left.

i just checked that, it's a very neat looking feature, but still full names of teams gotta go from the scoreboard, because they take too much room. i'm not alone who thinks like that, you can see that in tv translations of football matches nobody uses full teams name as well:

the champions league:

ctqL4xZ.png

english premier league:

LAKSO2W.png

eredivisie:

GT4Hxl1.png

i think i made my point here.

hey

its the best CW system that im ever used good job :)

but after i check this system i sew that its work perfect on DM maps+hunter

but on DD maps its not work fine,every map goes to random map and not the map im put on the settings and when the players fight 1 vs 1 and someone wins it not write the score automatically(this things i found on DD maps)

but on DD maps its not work fine,every map goes to random map and not the map im put on the settings and when the players fight 1 vs 1 and someone wins it not write the score automatically(this things i found on DD maps)

Are you sure there is no Hunter pickup in the map you are playing? Try to set setting "When everyone except 1 player is dead, then:" to "start the next map" and try it again. (To test)

Also, i thought maybe adding an option for disabling the main chat for everyone, but cw managers when a cw state is set to "running" would be a good idea. Because sometimes atmosphere on cws get be too hot, so cw managers have to cool it down with mutes and bans, etc. But again, i think it should be just an option, so people can decide for themselves whether the situation requires for disabling the main chat or not. I'm not sure about realization of this option, i mean how the script would tell who is a cw manager and who is not? should he belong to a specific ACL group? but giving even mod rights to someone you barely know can be extremely dangerous (you can get banned on your own server for example) and not all people know how to create a custom ACL group. Or should cw managers be appointed through the cw script itself? if it's possible you could make a menu like that:

27t148n.png

where people could appoint cw managers (and people who can talk in main chat) from each side.

Stuff

Not really a big deal to add, but everyone could just activate the chat again with /showchat as far as I know. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Though I could block (cancelEvent()) the chat messages if there is one being send. Still not really a thing to add directly or soon, but could. And I know for sure I'm not going to make an 'ACL Editor' into Clan War System. Better than that: I could just make it working with accounts instead of ACL Groups. Actually, this was an idea, but not added because ACL Groups would do for now until later.

Are you sure there is no Hunter pickup in the map you are playing? Try to set setting "When everyone except 1 player is dead, then:" to "start the next map" and try it again. (To test)

tried it it's still dont work fine , its only like this on DD maps , on DM maps it worked perfectly

but on DD maps its not put scores automatically and when someone wins after 1 vs 1 fight so on next map it goes to random map and not that maps i was chosen

I doubt that there is something on it, but check debugscript 3 (In-game: Typ in chatbox: /debugscript 3 )

Then try it again and if there are any messages which are from clanwarsystem, please post. I once had this problem too, but forgot the solution, will try to reproduce the 'bug' now and find it.

EDIT: Try it with debugscript 3 from the start of CWS :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.01 released! (Tiny update)

20-12-2014

+Vehicle headlights are now changing to your team color

*Improved variables and triggers

*Fixed bug which allowed you to bind an already used key at Settings for Join Team

*Fixed languages on grammatical errors and such

*Fixed automatically selection when removing maps out of the map-list at Management Panel

-Removed incorrect setting spam when not saved settings for the first time

• 1 month later...

Changed the To do list too. Actually funny enough that no one ever reported that saving the client-settings is impossible when you don't have permissions to save the server-settings, makes me wonder if there are even people using the system ^^; Anyway, this will be the last update for CWS.

saving the client-settings is impossible when you don't have permissions to save the server-settings

you mean that if you don't have admin rights you can't save them or? anyways, it will take some time for this script to become popular not many people yet know about it and not all of them need it, because clan wars are a rather narrow subject, so yea :roll: i myself don't use it yet because of the scoreboard size issues mainly. the other things that i've pointed out are important also, as soon as they get fixed i'll start using your script right away for our clan wars since i see a lot of potential in it. don't give up. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Clan War System

-Version 1.1.0-

Released!

OP Edited!

Changelog since version 1.0.1

26-02-2015

+Remember last selected tab in Management Panel and Settings

+Remember position of all windows

+Quick Panel (Change the score and status quickly)

+Scoreboard: Deluxe

+Scoreboard options (Big Black: Animation, Position, Auto-Show/Hide, Background, On top. Deluxe: Animation(, Show Status), Auto-Show/Hide, Background, On top)

+A whole new map-system (Inside the script only)

+Able to change the map-list when the status is 'paused'

+Changed update-list

*Fixed scoreboard Big Black position

*When a score-point was added you could change the status to 'paused' and back to 'started' to gain one more point (Because the map will be re-played)

*Status 'paused' to 'stopped' bug (Forgot what the effects were)

*When the status is 'started' you cannot move a player into a team any more

*Languages (Typos, grammatical errors, etc.)

*Join Team bind setting (You could bind 2 the same binds)

*Fixed saving client-settings (When you have no permissions to save the server-settings, you will get an error about Team1 and Team2 names/tags being the same)

(Date/Month/Year)

Don't forget to report bugs, glitches, typo's, idea's, suggestions or more!

Have fun!

hi, congratz with the big update, you've made a huge job, now it's even more convenient to use the script, but still a few thing caught my attention, first of all is the position of the deluxe scoreboard:

PuxlPA2.png

since it's right in the center it lays on top of the timeleft thing:

2FVPLoU.png

since centre is the default position for this element in most of the variantions of the race resource, i think it's a problem. would be great if you would add an option to move the scoreboard somewhere on the right side, like here for example:

n6wjrzV.png

or even give a player an option to move the scoreboard freely anywhere on the screen, like in the race_nos2 resource: https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=2133

as i understand, the deluxe scoreboard doesn't show the ammount of players that are alive in each team, right?

also i noticed a little typo, i guess something got lost in translation:

5LuLE18.png

i think you shouldn't do a separate menu for the quick managment (f6) it will fit in the managment panel (f2) just fine. at this point the script uses 5 keys and it's a bit too much, i understand that it has lots of features and all that and button layouts can be rearranged in the settings menu, but on some servers the F buttons can be already occupied with some other scripts like carfade/hide and etc and + as far as i understand the binds in the settings menu work for each player individually, e.g. if i for example changed something in here:

cgZGYyW.png

this changes will apply only for me, right?

if it is what i think it is then it's unnecessary. the thing is, many teams heavily rotate their players on clanwars(especially DM ones) and making it obligatory to change the cw state each time someone want to join or quit a team will make the job of a cw manager too tedious and monotonous.

H24h8Ee.png

also, i could move this slider-bar down. is there any information down below yet or it's just a bug?

that's it with remarks. as for ideas, i thought maybe you could add a free camera and custom vehicles skins for some popular vehicles like infernus, cheetah, hunter, sultan and etc in the distant future? it's not really necessary but it would make a nice addition to the script in my opinion.

hi, congratz with the big update, you've made a huge job, now it's even more convenient to use the script, but still a few thing caught my attention, first of all is the position of the deluxe scoreboard:

(Picture)

since it's right in the center it lays on top of the timeleft thing:

(Picture)

since centre is the default position for this element in most of the variantions of the race resource, i think it's a problem. would be great if you would add an option to move the scoreboard somewhere on the right side, like here for example:

(Picture)

or even give a player an option to move the scoreboard freely anywhere on the screen, like in the race_nos2 resource: https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=2133

I felt like the update was big enough to release without adding it indeed. I thought about creating a button to pick a place somewhere in your screen with your cursor, or a GUI like the radar in this script:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=3003

as i understand, the deluxe scoreboard doesn't show the ammount of players that are alive in each team, right?

Nop, nor ever did Big Black.

also i noticed a little typo, i guess something got lost in translation:

(Picture)

*Blames translator* Nah, never saw it.

i think you shouldn't do a separate menu for the quick managment (f6) it will fit in the managment panel (f2) just fine. at this point the script uses 5 keys and it's a bit too much, i understand that it has lots of features and all that and button layouts can be rearranged in the settings menu, but on some servers the F buttons can be already occupied with some other scripts like carfade/hide and etc and + as far as i understand the binds in the settings menu work for each player individually, e.g. if i for example changed something in here:

(Picture)

this changes will apply only for me, right?

I'm just sitting here, thinking "Why didn't I indeed place that stuff into Management Panel?". Ow well, I guess because it had to be small and easily usable. And yes, of course they will only apply for the client (You). That's why it's in the tab "Client". Client = the player (You), Server = the Server.

if it is what i think it is then it's unnecessary. the thing is, many teams heavily rotate their players on clanwars(especially DM ones) and making it obligatory to change the cw state each time someone want to join or quit a team will make the job of a cw manager too tedious and monotonous.

(Picture)

I did that once to prevent move-'wars' meanwhile playing. When the status is 'paused' or 'stopped' you are able to join teams or move players into teams. Can be removed.

also, i could move this slider-bar down. is there any information down below yet or it's just a bug?

The position of the end of the label (A label where everything is created on. This had to be used because when creating everything onto the scrollpane it won't let me set positions of buttons, etc.) is excactly (Probably) 1 pixel bigger than the scrollpane, which causes to give it a position-'bar' in the scrollbar.

that's it with remarks. as for ideas, i thought maybe you could add a free camera and custom vehicles skins for some popular vehicles like infernus, cheetah, hunter, sultan and etc in the distant future? it's not really necessary but it would make a nice addition to the script in my opinion.

Free-camera? Mmm, Idk. Don't think so. Models/Skins? I wish I could, I wish. (I can't model/skin (yet)) :P Adding mods? Possible... =w=

Nop, nor ever did Big Black.

well, that's a huge flaw. how do you think people will be able to quickly learn how many players left alive in one team or another? press tab and manually count them? okay, spectators and those who are dead by that moment can do it, even though it's tedious, but what if a player that is still alive and driving wants to know how many players are left alive? does he also have to open the tab and count manually? let's be serious.

since you're making the best cw script, it has got to have the best features from the other clanwar resources. both clanwar and clanwar2 scripts show how many people are alive in each team:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=2018

https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... ls&id=3577

it's a convenient feature and there's no need to change it. though, i gotta warn you, it seems like it's hard to make the feature work properly, afaik both of the scripts sometimes show an incorrect ammount of alive players. even the almighty guys from -ffs- couldn't make it work right:

nAG0nUL.png

you can clearly see that 1 of their guys is alive yet the script says that there're 0 alive players. so yea, you'll have to put some extra care into implementing this feature as it's apparently hard to do.

I did that once to prevent move-'wars' meanwhile playing. When the status is 'paused' or 'stopped' you are able to join teams or move players into teams. Can be removed.

it will cause even more wars, because cw manager might sometime forget to change the cw state or do it not as fast as opponents want it and it will just end in a mutual sh1t throwing and fights. so yea, it's a rather useless and harmful feature.

26eIYyo.png

also, i don't think there's a need to display this message to unregistered/people who don't belong to a certain usergroup when they press f2. to be honest, i dont think there's a need for this message for the users that have all the permissions either. it's kinda messy.

also, as i noticed the deluxe scoreboard doesn't show colours of teams anywhere. that's not very good. you could paint the tags of team like in the big black scoreboard or make something like this:

va7rPpT.png

where the squares represent the colours of each clan.

the same applies to the score counter. the big black has this neat feature where it paints in green the score of the team that is leading and paints in red the score of the team that it losing. the deluxe scoreboard doesn't have that. features shouldn't be limited because of the size of the scoreboard.

another idea would be to automatically set some certain type of weather and time once someone reaches the hunter.